First turn.
f2.jpg

First Close Call.
f3.jpg

Chris being closely tailed by DeadlyDC.
f4.jpg

AVVSOM3 and I neck and neck.
f5.jpg

The whole race for the the last four was like this almost the entire 25 laps. Except notice Forcone on the prowl to lap us, LOL!
f6.jpg

Really fun race today. I now know what it feels like to battle with someone instead of being alone. I wanted to thank everyone for representing your sponsors too, good job.

Sorry I wasn't mic-ed up guys. Trying to avoid the full lock glitch. One of my cleanest races this week. Really happy about that.

Ideas for starting grid.... It seemed as though the lobby points thing was working but people showing up after we had given it a few shots weren't in line with the rest of us since we had already accumulated points. If we don't rung any races at all and then just do it once right before the race I think it will work.

If not another way would be to set the race up for 1 extra lap and set up our grid on lap 1 but stop back in the starting points on the track and have someone count down when everyone is in position, lol.

I also think the pace lap could work with a bit more practice. A pace car would be ideal to keep things closer at the start. Any volunteers? :lol: A side by side start would be better instead of single file also.

It was a great race between Fezz and I. The only advantage we gained over each other, was when we screwed up. I screwed up, when I decided to look where Fezz was, right in the middle of the turn, which caused me to go very wide on exit, and onto the grass.

Sorry I had to leave right after the race. I had the fastest lap and was faster thru the esses than Forcone but he was faster on the straight. Once he passed me at the first turn, the race was over. :ouch: I managed to stay close behind him for a while but he pulled away on the straight. I was really surprised nobody made a run at me for 2nd place. :odd: It actually felt like I was out there by myself after Forcone took the lead. Great race guys. Thanks. :cheers:

ATTENTION

I have a request from the club members and their Saturday Race car livery. Along with our sponsors I would like to see you put your gamertag under the window of the side of your driver. I know this is petty but it makes it easier to ID you on the track for grid starts and photos. I see some already doing it, thank you.

Sorry I wasn't mic-ed up guys. Trying to avoid the full lock glitch. One of my cleanest races this week. Really happy about that.

Ideas for starting grid.... It seemed as though the lobby points thing was working but people showing up after we had given it a few shots weren't in line with the rest of us since we had already accumulated points. If we don't rung any races at all and then just do it once right before the race I think it will work.

If not another way would be to set the race up for 1 extra lap and set up our grid on lap 1 but stop back in the starting points on the track and have someone count down when everyone is in position, lol.

I also think the pace lap could work with a bit more practice. A pace car would be ideal to keep things closer at the start. Any volunteers? :lol: A side by side start would be better instead of single file also.
Yes, you are correct Chris, I just tested this with some AI a couple laps and it would set the starting grid based off the finish/points. So before the official race we will do 1 grid placement lap to get the starting grid accurate based off of qualifying finishes.

Let me ask you guys a question. Since there is an option to set the grid in ascending or descending order, would it be fair to let the top finishers first or slower finishers first? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8......or 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.... Just curious what you thought?

I don't remember in what race I saw this (I think it was V8 Supercars). In the first race, when finished fourth, you were starting 9th in the second race. Wouldn't it be fun to do the same, but with qualifying..? When qualified for fifth place, you can try to go for third place, but if you don't make it and you get fourth place, you're starting at 9th. So it's like, qualify for third, if you dare :sly:

I see you guys had a nice race. Family suddenly planned dinner :guilty: I'm skipping next week too becaus I'm at work when you guys are racing. :(

^ Im a bit confused. :dunce:

@Jimbo I like the idea of reversing the field. Would make things interesting but obviously might not be as clean as it was today.

I'm a bit confused by Carlos' post too. Reverse grid start may be interesting but like Chris said, there would be a greater chance of an incident in traffic that may cost a faster driver the race or cause a faster driver to finish lower than he should. I don't know, if I had to vote on it I would say reward the faster qualifiers with higher starting positions, but I wouldn't be upset if you guys wanna do reverse grid starts. I don't think any of us would sandbag in qualifying to get a better starting position, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Haha hmm. How do I explain this with my not so good English :lol:

When qualified first, you're starting in first place. But the fourth place sets you back to nineth. So nobody wants to be fourth. So automaticaly theres going to be a battle around fourth place..

Qualifying place » starting place

1 » 1
2 » 2
3 » 3
4 » 9
5 » 4
6 » 5
7 » 6
8 » 7
9 » 8
« fourth place qualifier comes here »
10 » 10
11 » 11
12 » 12
etc

So let's say Wiggs qualified first, Forcone second, Fezz third, Hamsterman fourth and me in fifth. Now I'm not too happy about my fifth place and want to get a faster time. So I put some laps in, but obviously I don't want to be fourth, than I'll be set back to nineth on the start grid. So I have to really be sure I can make it to third place. Hamsterman don't want to be in fourth place either, so he tries to get third place. If he succeeds, Fezz is now fourth. Fezz is really not happy now becaus he is going to be set back to nineth, so Fezz is pushing it a bit more.. (and so on and on and on)

Haha hmm. How do I explain this with my not so good English :lol:

When qualified first, you're starting in first place. But the fourth place sets you back to nineth. So nobody wants to be fourth. So automaticaly theres going to be a battle around fourth place..

Qualifying place » starting place

1 » 1
2 » 2
3 » 3
4 » 9
5 » 4
6 » 5
7 » 6
8 » 7
9 » 8
« fourth place qualifier comes here »
10 » 10
11 » 11
12 » 12
etc

So let's say Wiggs qualified first, Forcone second, Fezz third, Hamsterman fourth and me in fifth. Now I'm not too happy about my fifth place and want to get a faster time. So I put some laps in, but obviously I don't want to be fourth, than I'll be set back to nineth on the start grid. So I have to really be sure I can make it to third place. Hamsterman don't want to be in fourth place either, so he tries to get third place. If he succeeds, Fezz is now fourth. Fezz is really not happy now becaus he is going to be set back to nineth, so Fezz is pushing it a bit more.. (and so on and on and on)
Ok, got it. That's...different. :odd: :lol:

Hey guys, who was driving the loaner today?Did you like it?
I believe FBI had it.

Another question for the club. Do most of you have all the DLC cars? Just checking so I can include DLC in the vote or avoid them.

Carlos....you sure do have a crazy idea about that qualifying.

I like the reverse idea.

So then to set grid position we would have to do one lap to set positions? On the other hand to do a pace lap like chris was saying, make it side by side. But the person that is either starting in last or the fastest qualifier would be the pace car. That way they can lead everyone and once they "pull off" they can let everyone pass them and assume their position.

I still need an unlocked placecard...:)

Also I have all DLC.

^ Im a bit confused. :dunce:

@Jimbo I like the idea of reversing the field. Would make things interesting but obviously might not be as clean as it was today.

I also thought about reversing the grid. Since you already get points for being fastest in the qualifying, isn't it a bit unfair to get the pole position too? (Which helps winning the race hugely as we've seen!)

It would make the races a whole lot dramatic for sure! :D

...and for the DLC - I don't have all of them. Just a few :( But I can buy them if you give me a reason to :)

I also thought about reversing the grid. Since you already get points for being fastest in the qualifying, isn't it a bit unfair to get the pole position too? (Which helps winning the race hugely as we've seen!)

It would make the races a whole lot dramatic for sure! :D

...and for the DLC - I don't have all of them. Just a few :( But I can buy them if you give me a reason to :)
What got me thinking about it besides the fact that I saw the option, but like you are saying, since the faster guys are getting the points in qualifying, the are most likely the better/more experienced drivers (there are exceptions). One thing I have noticed from past races, there were times when one of the top club drivers started mid to rear and still ended up getting a podium finish so it isn't impossible. The thing that does concern me is what Chris was saying and that was the potential for a non-clean race or at least the beginning, but we can surely give this one a thought.

ATTENTION

I will be cleaning up our garage. Any cars that have not been driven and those that have not been raced pre March and I will keep R3 and above. Also when sharing a car please only share cars that have a tune, no stock cars unless someone requested it. Thank you.

I have no DLC. Sorry I couldn't make it, I was too busy to qualify. I'll probably join in from 2 weeks time.

^super, also don't forget to consider duplicates, dunno what your criteria about that would be though.

Anybody going online today?

And I'm trying to make a livery, now my sponsor is Shell.. I need tips!

getphoto10s.jpg

getphoto11.jpg

I don't know what to do with the 'hood'. It's not easy to put something there but it's so white... And what about the striping? Is it good or ...? I tried to search some Shell liveries but didn't see anyone I liked :grumpy: So I could use some inspiration..

Back