French Raceworks Setups | F1 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 Career Mode Setups

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 269 comments
With your spa setup I could only manage a 1:44.192 in the race (probably because DRS no allowed all the way through the track) but in qualifying it was 1:43.7XX

The difference should have been even higher because of the DRS discrepancy and the ability to use KERS before the lap start time.

Mr. S, do you play on PC? :)

Just wanna thank you for these setups! Currently using them for all my races. Even though they're built for the McLaren they seem to work great for me and my HRT. Helped me get 13th at Monaco this morning!

Too bad mate, the mods for PC have transformed the game for me.

I like many of your setups. You seem to put priority on the approach to cornering, which fits my style. Good gear ratios too. Those are so important.

Just wanna thank you for these setups! Currently using them for all my races. Even though they're built for the McLaren they seem to work great for me and my HRT. Helped me get 13th at Monaco this morning!

Great result, gratulations - glad they are working for you.

Too bad mate, the mods for PC have transformed the game for me.

I like many of your setups. You seem to put priority on the approach to cornering, which fits my style. Good gear ratios too. Those are so important.

I know but well...I'm really not in the position to buy a new PC at the moment, sadly. :( And yeah, it's all about cornering in my eyes - th easier you can go around a corner, the faster you are. :)

On a side-note: just had the best race ever.

Singapore (Legend AI) - chance of rain: 32%.
Pole: me - 2nd: Alonso - 3rd: Hamilton - 4th: Rosberg

3 incidents and I wasn't involved in one of them - all 3 of them triggered the safety car. I was on a 4 stop strategy (50% race length, 31 laps) and damaged my front wing in lap 20, during the last safety car period. Overtook Kovalainen right away on the main straight when the safety car went back into the pits and was 21 seconds ahead of him after my last pit stop, 42 seconds before the stop.

Well, it had to happen...in that very moment: "Radar is showing that we'll see some slight rain in 15 minutes." - it started the very next lap and I had to make a decision: pick up option or intermediate tyres in lap 27. I went with the options and so did the AI but it was really slippy during the last 1.5 laps or so...I lost around 25 seconds during the last lap since I was so afraid of spinning out.

Ended up being first, followed by Kovalainen (+13.2), Schumacher (+13.4) and Rosberg (+13.9). Extremely epic race. I had to share the best 57 minutes and 42 seconds I had ever spent in F1 2011.

Setups are currently being tested and improved...yet, I'm stuck at work quite often these days so it might take a while.

First 3 GP of the season have been updated for 1.02 - please keep the feedback coming if you've tried one of the other setups in 1.02.

November 24: Australia, Sepang, Shanghai and Istanbul have been posted. I'll post an overhaul for Sepang tomorrow, I've changed some more settings and it's even better now, I think.

November 25: Sepang & Catalunya have been updated.

November 29: 5 more tracks have been reviewed. Updates should hit the thread on Saturday at the latest.

November 30: 3 more tracks have been reviewed. Updates should hit the thread on Saturday at the latest.

December 2: All updates have been tested once more and have been finalised. Updates will be posted today.

- Monaco
- Montreal
- Valencia
- Silverstone
- Nürburgring
- Budapest
- Monza
- Interlagos​

Last edited:
December 2: All updates have been tested once more and have been finalised. Updates will be posted today.

December 2: /done

December 4: 2 more tracks have been reviewed.

December 21: just returned from the airport. Will post more setups in the coming days.

December 26: more setups are at the ready and will be posted in the coming days.

Last edited:
On a related note: I'm aiming to update the wet setups slowly and only when I need them. However, feel free to shoot me a PM in case you're in need for a particular track that's not covered yet.

January 7: Setups (wet conditions) for the following tracks have been requested. Feel free to ask about setups for other tracks but please do not message me regarding the tracks listed below - I'll post them once they're ready.

- Monza
- Silverstone
- Spa

Last edited:
January 7: Setups (wet conditions) for the following tracks have been requested. Feel free to ask about setups for other tracks but please do not message me regarding the tracks listed below - I'll post them once they're ready.

- Monza
- Silverstone
- Spa

There you go. I tried to make one for Monza but I just couldn't make it work properly (as in "Like I want it to work.") and the whole thing started to frustrate me. Same for the other tracks, wet setups are a pain after the patch. I won't play F1 (for real, might do some random GP mode races - I need to get used to my new wheel before I create more setups again) for some time now, so I won't be able to create more setups on request, sorry guys.

Last edited:
These setups are amazing! Have already smashed my previous best time round Silverstone to a 1'25.6 in Time Trial! I didn't even think that was possible! But the car just had the perfect balance of grip and gave me a lot of confidence to really push the car. Gonna try your Spa and Interlagos setups, Melbourne too. Awesome work, buddy!

Haven't used these setups yet, but do they work well with a controller or are they are for a steering wheel.

Haven't used these setups yet, but do they work well with a controller or are they are for a steering wheel.

I've never tried playing with a controller, sorry - they've been created using a wheel. :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

So, the game threw a rain race at me - Malaysia.

Enjoy. It's also fast and stable in dry conditions, my best lap was about 2 seconds faster than Vettels fastest lap - mine was 1:31.423. I left my wet tyres on for 31 laps and had a lead of 1 minute and 53 seconds over Vettel when I went into the pits the first time. Don't get me wrong, I could've used those tyres for like 6-7 laps more but I had to get me some intermediate tyres.

Just came across this. Impressive post I must say. Great effort.

How do you think these setups will work in an online race with equal car settings? I've heard all cars default to Red Bull on the equal setting but I'm not so sure myself.

Finally! The turkey set up after update 1.02 is just perfect, i used it with Ferrari, and i can go around turn 8 full throttle, something i couldn't do before, and its also really great with heavy fuel load. I tried to fault the setup, but it just feels so good.

sazbrown

How do you think these setups will work in an online race with equal car settings? I've heard all cars default to Red Bull on the equal setting but I'm not so sure myself.

Well i have tried them, and every time, i'm able to go faster than default setup.(online race)

Their aero model is being set to the Red Bull car but the setup isn't fixed - so changing the setup will still change it's behaviour a lot.

Career mode threw a rain race at me, yet again. Enjoy. :yuck:

220px-Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal

Game version: 1.02
Car used: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26
Weather: Heavy Rain
Qualifying time: 1:16.117

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 11

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: Low
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 3

Gearbox
Gear 1: 131 kph
Gear 2: 161 kph
Gear 3: 191 kph
Gear 4: 220 kph
Gear 5: 250 kph
Gear 6: 283 kph
Gear 7: 318 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.30
Camber rear: -1.20
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.32

I love your Valenica setup :). It is amazing. I was in qualifying at Valenica and I'd taken a very easy pole of 1:33.9, some 2 seconds up on 2nd place. I still had time left in the session though, so I went out for 1 hotlap on primes to see what the gap between the tires was...

...It was without a doubt my greatest lap ever! I set a 1:33.756 on the Prime tire! Thank you so much for the set-up. We may be mere mortals in this game, but this set-up is Kubica quick :) (Hope he gets better soon)

These setups seem to be working perfectly with the Ferrari, I qualified in montreal, a 1:15;755 in heavy rain, Alonso who was second, had 1:16:114. Three thousandths faster than your pole.

These setups seem to be working perfectly with the Ferrari, I qualified in montreal, a 1:15;755 in heavy rain, Alonso who was second, had 1:16:114. Three thousandths faster than your pole.

challenge-accepted.png

Are you up for the race tonight? Or rather this morning, in your case. :)

Just want to you thank you for the tunes. 👍 I'm in my second season driving for ferrari and they're working very well. :) Just decided to step up to the legend difficulty which is making things much more interesting lol. Qualified 5th in the rain at Silverstone and won the race in dry conditions after the top 4 went pretty wide into the first corner. After that vettel was around 0.60 seconds to as far back as 3+ seconds by the end of the race. Also just took pole position at Nurburgring beating vettel by about half a second. :D

Career mode thought it's always a bit rainy at the Ring. Well, well, it worked. Yet, one of the buttons on my T500 F1 rim just broke and thus thinks it's being pushed from time to time. On his own. Too bad that the tiny guy is my "Rear view" button. Waiting for a replacement button now.

220px-N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix_Stecke.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Nürburgring, Nürburg

Game version: 1.02
Car used: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26
Weather: Heavy Rain
Qualifying time: 1:33.108

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 11

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%