FRL ~ 3rd WSPC 500k win goes to Panoz at the line!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 111 comments
It was very much a trouble-free race for me after the start.

Honestly 2nd was the best I was able to before the last lap events happen and having mixed feelings about getting the win from that.

Race wise for me - could have 2 stopped and could have had a chance of at least top 4 had I not messed up in 2nd stint and damaged my car, then hit @raceorama123432 at first chicane after brakes went to the floor.

Then a mega accident with @GTPorsche down to Indianapolis where we tagged each other and went flying off killed the race for me, getting broken rear-left suspension from @Whitetail trying to lap me (fairly sure when you lap someone start of Tetre Rouge in fastest-accelerating car with a big lead you can exercise patience for maybe 5 seconds???) and flying off at Mulsanne as a result was icing on the cake. A missed opportunity for me.

Couple adjustments to race results coming up but otherwise pretty happy as an event how this turned out.

Seems 500k distance works great, BoP pretty damn good, racing itself was good. Depending how WSC pans out this might also fill some sundays, perhaps it's time to get to work on a BoP for other tracks...

Also special thanks to @cnd01 for showing up in that beautiful Mazda, @Standard_FV for also persevering despite his own hardware issues, hopefully you get that sorted for next event 👍

EDIT: Results done, will post later on this evening.

Last edited:
Practice started with a good out lap then my wheel made a snapping sound, the kind of sound a wheel shouldn't make. Having to use a steering wheel which wants to turn left without any resistant and selfcentering at 90 degrees to the right wasn't the easiest thing. During lap 26 I heard the second "bad" sound from my wheel, I understood it was the sound of my wheel dying. Have purchased a new wheel so hopefully I'm good for the foreseeable future.

Practice started with a good out lap then my wheel made a snapping sound, the kind of sound a wheel shouldn't make. Having to use a steering wheel which wants to turn left without any resistant and selfcentering at 90 degrees to the right wasn't the easiest thing. During lap 26 I heard the second "bad" sound from my wheel, I understood it was the sound of my wheel dying. Have purchased a new wheel so hopefully I'm good for the foreseeable future.

Fair play for keeping going long as you did with issues, kind of not giving up attitude I like 👍

Race results, two penalties applied post-race.

unknown.png

1 minute penalty? bruh the muckyduck?
More than fair considering I had to jump on the brakes when I should have been accelerating due to you slowing down after Bambi had started going. I lost about 45 seconds on that first lap because of rear damage and cold tires spinning me out and then having to pit due to damage I received when the car ahead of me jumped on the brakes for no reason whatsoever.

Still disappointed and dejected with how that race ended, and I don't understand what I could have done that would have warranted being taken out so deliberately. Perhaps it will be one of those things I will never know, but will have to live with nonetheless. I am not sure I'll ever race here again as it seems some members just don't want me around, and that's probably for my own good. Again, congratulations to @Panoz for the victory and to all of the other classified finishers. This race was difficult in nature so finishing was no small task. A special congratulations to @Standard_FV for going the distance on a malfunctioning steering wheel. Although you didn't see the checkered flag I have massive respect for your determination to see the race through. Thanks for hosting @Furinkazen, and please understand I have no ill will towards you or your league.

Below should be my qualifying lap and full onbaord from the event. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Still disappointed and dejected with how that race ended, and I don't understand what I could have done that would have warranted being taken out so deliberately. Perhaps it will be one of those things I will never know, but will have to live with nonetheless. I am not sure I'll ever race here again as it seems some members just don't want me around, and that's probably for my own good. Again, congratulations to @Panoz for the victory and to all of the other classified finishers. This race was difficult in nature so finishing was no small task. A special congratulations to @Standard_FV for going the distance on a malfunctioning steering wheel. Although you didn't see the checkered flag I have massive respect for your determination to see the race through. Thanks for hosting @Furinkazen, and please understand I have no ill will towards you or your league.

Below should be my qualifying lap and full onbaord from the event. Enjoy.

You had a great race and it must of been gutting to lose 1st place like that. It's almost impossible to say weather it was deliberate or not by watching that as it came from behind but he wasn't in any position to win as he was much closer to the back then the front so taking you out had no effect on his race. It could have been a number of things as to why he hit you just a simple lack of concentratiin could have been the reason. I don't know if it was or wasn't done deliberately I'm just saying what I think. There's no doubt that race was yours to win and you should have won it if wasn't for that incident so I totally get your frustration. I'd be pissed too. That's the main reason I pulled out of that race because I just wasn't up to scratch with those cars and I was so worried I'd take someone out so to save that from happening I just didn't race. In my opinion you won that race even if you didn't cross the like 1st. Well done to all that took part in this. I'm just looking forward to racing in cars I'm more comfortable in. Hopefully this can be investigated properly. I wish you well

I was considering joining a little while ago, was keen to see the racing as I've done some races with most of this crowd... but... looks like there's some issues with people's attitude towards others that needs to be addressed before I jump in.

After what I saw in @Whitetail's replay.... I'm not joining if even one driver in this lobby is going to do what @Yeratel84 done. That's deliberate in my eyes... no explanation or justification needed. AND with a complete absence of motive!

I was considering joining a little while ago, was keen to see the racing as I've done some races with most of this crowd... but... looks like there's some issues with people's attitude towards others that needs to be addressed before I jump in.

After what I saw in @Whitetail's replay.... I'm not joining if even one driver in this lobby is going to do what @Yeratel84 done. That's deliberate in my eyes... no explanation or justification needed. AND with a complete absence of motive!
I totally get your frustration and agree with you. Know one wants to race in lobbys when people just wana take other drivers out. Could have easily been on purpus just as much as it could have been accidental . I only say that coz of the complete lack of motive like you said so it just doesn't make sense to do that and I for one have completely missed my braking point and hit another car. Not something I'm proud of at all and always do my best to never make contact but I'm just saying that I've done that but Doesn't mean I planned it at all. Just trying to give you another angle to look at things. I'm not saying I know what he did for sure so please don't think I am. Either way it's a real shame as it ruined your race. If it was on purpus then it needs to be looked into. Like I said that's the reason I pulled out as I just felt there was a high chance I could have done that on those cars. Real shame and hopdyoi can get some great races in the future

It's better than it was when you raced with us previously. Even ToCA.

The lack of protesting by Yeratel would seem to point to the fact that this was done deliberately. This is totally out of character for him and must have a personal grievance with Bambi.

That being said it has no place in the FRL or anywhere else for that matter and his status as an FRL steward needs to be reviewed.

Yera isn't a scrub... he isn't the type to just lose control hard enough to smear a guy so hard into a wall that he's practicially part of the rendered fence.

Last edited:
For all your information Yera is on a suspended ban pending any further transgressions.

Yera isn't a scrub... he isn't the type to just lose control hard enough to smear a guy so hard into a wall that he's practicially part of the rendered fence.
Would be good to see you again, last remember you in WMA i think?

I've noticed something... essentially Yera is fine to continue racing, so long as he doesn't destroy someone in the same fashion? And until.... When?

From what I can tell from Bambi's video I think it's on purpose because Yera's car hits the wall as well, if he were hard on the brakes and crashed into Bambi he would have slowed down more. Imo that corner is also the hardest corner on the circuit since it's easy to miss the braking point(watch me fly by Bambi at lap 26!) but I still think that even if Yera braked too late he wouldn't have slammed into the wall too because he would have lost a lot of speed hitting Bambi. However it is impossible to know but I would say he's guilty because he probably could have crashed himself instead of hitting Bambi since Yera didn't have anything to race for. On a different note: the Mazda felt slower than the other cars but might have been me and my steering wheel issues even though I never managed a sub 3.06.00 lap whilst practicing for the race. The Mazda might just be more understeery than the other cars.

The cars are BOP'd equally, so Bambi must have found a magic setup that made him 3 seconds faster than everyone else in the race, especially since the bop had the cars set for 3:03 laptimes at best.

From what I can tell from Bambi's video I think it's on purpose because Yera's car hits the wall as well, if he were hard on the brakes and crashed into Bambi he would have slowed down more. Imo that corner is also the hardest corner on the circuit since it's easy to miss the braking point(watch me fly by Bambi at lap 26!) but I still think that even if Yera braked too late he wouldn't have slammed into the wall too because he would have lost a lot of speed hitting Bambi. However it is impossible to know but I would say he's guilty because he probably could have crashed himself instead of hitting Bambi since Yera didn't have anything to race for. On a different note: the Mazda felt slower than the other cars but might have been me and my steering wheel issues even though I never managed a sub 3.06.00 lap whilst practicing for the race. The Mazda might just be more understeery than the other cars.

That sort of impact can only have been on purpose. No way was that accidental. The speed and resulting crashes from it required a no-braking hit. If Yeratel was braking then the impact would have been lower and speed of crash slower.

Suspended ban is pointless imo: just means he can do another race-ruining manoeuvre like that again.

To which the ban then goes into effect, so how is it pointless?
I mean, it's not pointless if its being used to deter someone so I can see the "how"... and that's why I specifically asked "what" and "for how long" because those determine a lot going forward.

I mean, it's not pointless if its being used to deter someone so I can see the "how"... and that's why I specifically asked "what" and "for how long" because those determine a lot going forward.
That would be up to Furi, and it's at his discretion as to whether or not he goes public with it, because I see it being a matter between Furi and Yera since it's in regards to future races not involving ToCA.

Back