FRL ~ 3rd WSPC 500k win goes to Panoz at the line!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 111 comments
Because he has another chance to ruin someone's race like he did to Bambi. Not much of a deterrent if it gives him another chance to do it.
The point of it isn't to give another chance, the point of it is to enforce that if it were to happen again, he'd be done.

Because he has another chance to ruin someone's race like he did to Bambi. Not much of a deterrent if it gives him another chance to do it.
Instant banning people doesn’t help anyone, doesn’t give the offender chance to learn from their ways, also puts people off from joining series where they might get overly punished!

Bambi must have found a magic setup that made him 3 seconds faster than everyone else in the race, especially since the bop had the cars set for 3:03 laptimes at best.
I had a day and a half to develop my tune from scratch, I doubt it was worth three full seconds in itself. Majority of my time working on the car was improving the gearbox and optimizing the suspension settings for a good balance between top speed and cornering ability.

Spent probably two and a half hours total learning how to drive and setting up the car before the race. I’ve never raced prototype cars on GT Sport prior to last Sunday, disregarding my occasional goof off in arcade mode.

Having technical issues aka no laptop do can't really go into detail but fyi the perma banned FRL members from memory plus transgressions (no names).

GT5 #1 got bored and drove wrong way at Madrid.

GT5 #2 incredibly dirty and abusive. Then created 6 different gtp accounts under 3 nationalities to try get back in.

GT6 #1 deliberately picked different cars to OP (the Toyota 86 family), made claims of fake reports to the admins for calling a car sexy and then claimed I was bullying him. Sadly I had the psn message saved about how he was going to find me and murder me, which when he was only 13 years old and I was 20 at the time was a no contest to begin with.

GTS #1 decides he doesn't like being 3rd overall and leading independents so goes rogue with over 7 different incidents of taking people out from 1 team for no reason.

As @raceorama123432 a ban doesn't necessarily work, in my experience knowing you've got an axe hanging over your head ready to chop it off is far more effective. Although i fully appreciate the viewpoints @andrew1990 @Storm_SP17 you ain't gonna try 🤬 if you're under watch.

I'm an old dog at this and while i don't devalue people's efforts and it being ruined I also know how to sort these things.

Just this week I got a pm off someone who's league host (not on gtp) tried winning a race by not braking for any corner at LM and then claimed personal stress was the reason why.

It's a game. Let's get in perspective. Far as I am concerned it's been handled in the FRL backroom without need for drama.

We still had a decent race despite some issues with the start and the BoP seemed pretty damn solid as ever courtesy @LancerEvo7. Let's roll on from this, these instances do sometimes happen.

GTS #1 decides he doesn't like being 3rd overall and leading independents so goes rogue with over 7 different incidents of taking people out from 1 team for no reason.
Pretty sure that one's

A. not permanent
B. only from ToCA, not that that's a real loss for said member.

I had a day and a half to develop my tune from scratch, I doubt it was worth three full seconds in itself. Majority of my time working on the car was improving the gearbox and optimizing the suspension settings for a good balance between top speed and cornering ability.

Spent probably two and a half hours total learning how to drive and setting up the car before the race. I’ve never raced prototype cars on GT Sport prior to last Sunday, disregarding my occasional goof off in arcade mode.
So unlike in IRS LM2.4H in GT6... where you went 3 seconds faster in the Audi R8 Ultra after I told you that you were shifting at the wrong RPM.

:lol:

After looking over the replay all I see is JonT jumping on the power and just running over the car in front.
I don't see how that's my fault when the leader hasn't even accelerated yet.

More than fair considering I had to jump on the brakes when I should have been accelerating due to you slowing down after Bambi had started going. I lost about 45 seconds on that first lap because of rear damage and cold tires spinning me out and then having to pit due to damage I received when the car ahead of me jumped on the brakes for no reason whatsoever.

Pretty sure that one's

A. not permanent
B. only from ToCA, not that that's a real loss for said member.
was about the pass bambi before the line
So @TNR_KING_FILO I assume that was because of the rule "no overtaking before the start line" correct?

Pace speed was 50,Bambi stuck to it so you going up to 57 and then down to 41 was a little extreme and an error regardless. Punishment wouldn't have been as severe had you not impacted other people's races as a result.

Ok, so....

I see two times FILO sped up. The first one, which has been highlighted, wasn't even the reason when the damage took place. It was the second, but that was a deceleration from about 54mph down to about 48 mph and FILO had a sizeable gap behind him that should have been closed up a bit more.

If anything, the guy behind P4 wasn't paying attention. To be shunted upto nearly 80 mph from 51/52 suggests this.

If anything, the guy behind P4 wasn't paying attention. To be shunted upto nearly 80 mph from 51/52 suggests this.
Well, nice of you to throw yourself into my shoes without my point of view.

I was paying attention to Bambi. Right before he went, he lagged a little forward, which made me think he'd gone, so I did as well (this may be what tricked Filo into jumping too?). By the time I realized Filo wasn't going, it was too late for me to do anything but slam Porsche.

Note that until we checked the replay, we all thought Bambi had accelerated, braked, and accelerated again, his car's movement was that severe to us.

Sorry dude, but you highlight something important...
It was very clever for Bambi to use the second start/finish line; usually the first is where people will pre-emptively ready their punch on the throttle.

Look, I throw words out there for a response deliberately. Makes people talk; makes the situation clearer as a whole. You see perspectives that allow you to be less biased in the final verdict. Makes you look at the moments before the incident outside of the split second that everyone remembers.

It was very clever for Bambi to use the second start/finish line
I don't see how that's relevant to the incident. And don't give him that much credit, we went at the second in the first race as well. And it wasn't like he caught us off guard, we went with him.

Still getting know-it-all backlash from people who weren't there. Nice.

As Bambi lagged forward momentarily right after the first timing line, and the rules state that the leader can go between the two lines, we would have been clear to start at that point, but as that happened, Filo also at the same exact time hit the brakes as to not pass the leader, which left me in a spot where I either A) run into the back of Filo, B) try to avoid a collision (which I did) or C) make it worse by trying to drive around Filo on either side which would have certainly escalated how severe the start incident would have been.

Now, I strongly suggest those of you who weren't involved in the race quit being Monday morning quarterbacks and let this matter be over with.

I'm not biased. Start procedure was 50mph and leader goes.

Leader did that perfectly. Cars in his lane react to him. Filo misjudged it and cars reacted and and as a result accordion effect happened.

Topics done with. No point being dragged out any longer.

A video of the incident was posted to be viewed. I'm merely gleening info on what I'm seeing and the information I receive. :lol:
Also note that the green zone was anywhere from timing line to start line.

Back