FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,467 views
What replaces GPD? Imo that circuit brings some of the closest racing so would like it to stay :(

I don't like Nurb GP (both versions) at all, but since I mostly get good results there, I wouldn't mind it staying... but like I said in my previous post, I at least hope we get a good track as a replacement (so no HSR please :p)
 
What replaces GPD? Imo that circuit brings some of the closest racing so would like it to stay :(

"Close racing" being a euphemism for "crash-car derby". Unfortunately, tracks with wide corners that offer different lines tend to produce chaos in the first laps of the reverse grid races.

I'd welcome the Nordschleife though. I say, if WTCC can, so can we.
 
I'd welcome the Nordschleife though. I say, if WTCC can, so can we.
Nordschliefe would have spread out cars, not the 2x2 wreckfest that ToCA is known for. So I doubt it'll happen.

That said, I want it to happen too. It worked great in ITCC, and let's be honest, not much ever worked at all in that series.
 
I called it back in T11.
 
Would you like a cookie?
Nope, bottom braces in today, can barely open my mouth. Some Weider or something would do nicely.
 
hsv
Nope, bottom braces in today, can barely open my mouth. Some Weider or something would do nicely.
Ooh, that's really rough. Here's a soothing song to help you out.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:..............he lies.:odd:
Eh it sounds reasonable, I'm surprised he's put up with us for as long as he has. :lol:
 
That was sneaky... I had volume on but as soon as I saw the tab open I saw "Wham! Last Christmas" and closed it before it started :scared:
For god sake don't tell everybody.
 
Simply no idea what i'm driving next season. Drove a car in tentative specs earlier that felt amazing, but even then I am unsure over car.

I know we did this in survey, but definitely 6 makes on the grid next season... so 3 car squads, but with top 2 scoring for each team? I would consider, and also would cut out the "2 car + satellite" thing that goes around.
 
Maybe release the specs for everybody to choose before locking up a car?

Well with there being 6 makes slots rather than 8 the amount of cars available to people will increase regardless...
 
Simply no idea what i'm driving next season. Drove a car in tentative specs earlier that felt amazing, but even then I am unsure over car.

I know we did this in survey, but definitely 6 makes on the grid next season... so 3 car squads, but with top 2 scoring for each team? I would consider, and also would cut out the "2 car + satellite" thing that goes around.

I'd say follow the results of the survey (quoted below for remembrance)... also regarding 2 car + satellite only happens with you and your team, so you can't really call it a popular "thing"

The 2014 ToCA Survey.

1: Should wet races return to ToCA?
14-1 to vote in favour. Probably be pre set and determined when season schedule is published. Might have to dust off the Spa wellingtons however.

2: Should success ballast be implemented?
A 10-3 vote in favour, yet I still feel it isn't a great idea artificially handicapping especially with two reverse grid races. I think having a couple very fast runaway drivers last season or two has tilted everyone in this direction. Also there is the argument of if weight can actually help your car handling.

3: Narrow down car manufacturers from 8 to 6?
Since ToCA7 (I think) we've had 8+ makes on the grid. This will change. From next season be just the six cars.

4: Qualifying - cut it down?
Mix of results with people suggesting that it should be cut down, or just Q1, or not at all. A hot lap was even mooted. I suggest from next season 10/10 sessions for tracks with a lap of under two minutes, and 15/15 for longer circuits. Would also require fixed pre set Qualifying times.

5: Night Race - return?
8 say yes, 3 say maybe, 2 say no. I say yes myself, expect a night race if a suitable circuit is found.

6: Bathurst - double points race?
Mixture of yes and no here, but 8-7 for No. I am split myself. However might spice this seasons races up...

7: 3 car teams - Yes Or No
Majority vote to no.
 
Can't remember everything :rolleyes:
 
I'd say follow the results of the survey (quoted below for remembrance)... also regarding 2 car + satellite only happens with you and your team, so you can't really call it a popular "thing"
Humberside attempted it. ECM is doing it next season (and this season in V8s).
 
I don't see the point in that.
That means Furi + 2 aliens scoring points for his team ;)

If you want my 2 cents, have the first and second cars scoring points for the teams championship. Designate the first 2 cars. Any 3rd cars/alien 1 offs can't score team points, so then success ballast between rounds works allowing a way for the slower guys to have a shot later in the season
 
Last edited:
Can confirm the Gp/F or N24 layouts will be in next seasons Toca.

This could be a good thing, specially if we pick GP/F. The hairpin in GP/D version is usually where the silly moves tend to happen the most...

I never mentioned this earlier (it only came to me yesterday), but I was kinda worried that this would mean that the only proper RWD track would be removed from the calendar...
 
Can confirm the Gp/F or N24 layouts will be in next seasons Toca.
Anyone wanna speculate on which of them we'll be racing on? I'm leaning towards GP/F, but methinks Furi want's us to have a go on the N24 track for a go at emulating what the WTCC wants to do.
 
Anyone wanna speculate on which of them we'll be racing on? I'm leaning towards GP/F, but methinks Furi want's us to have a go on the N24 track for a go at emulating what the WTCC wants to do.
I'm 50/50 myself.
 
Back