FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,449 views
10 lap survival is easy with a GT500 car (done mine with a GT-R, although I finished with 0/1 on my front Inters after doing last 3 laps in the dry)
Pit on lap 3? I did that and ended with those tyres
 
I did inter/inter/RS.
 
THE FRL CHRISTMAS ADDRESS BY FURINKAZEN

After tonights WSC at Bathurst, the year 2014 is in the history books for official FRL racing events. It has been our first ever on GT6 and at times been difficult, but overall been a fun and enjoyable year for all. I suppose a little review would do no harm and information on future plans as well wouldn't go amiss..



ToCA:
bleJYm8.jpg

Love it or loathe it, ToCA has always been the FRL flagship series. Throughout 2014 there has been 3 seasons. The first 2 were no tuning affairs as I intended to try something a little different and the pricing in game meant it was somewhat difficult to get money quickly, which when speccing 100k of parts per car is somewhat tricky... I feel like it was a hit, but also had a few misses. BoP proved somewhat uneven at times, cue the Volvo complaints from ToCA12. I feel somewhat that the Volvo wasn't OP, but rather other people didn't exploit their cars full potential. Whilst not the most competitive year for ToCA, we did have a lot of racing, and new champions (Congratulations @Ninners @DrifterJoe for Overall titles, and @Holdenhsvgtsr and me took maiden ToCA drivers titles in the Jack Sears Trophy). So what does 2015 hold? Well the tuning era continues and as I have previously indicated, 2015 is the last year of the FRL barring a miracle. 2/3 seasons are in the pipeline, with the traditional 8 week, 3 races per night format remaining unchanged - if it isn't broke, don't fix it. All 8 cars are being tested ahead of a late February / early March series start. At the moment it is just me testing, but others are planned to chip in soon. However, I can release a teaser pic confirming one car for the ToCA12 season:

b5DXifV.jpg


Hopefully we will see you all in 2015 for the finale of GTP's #1 Touring Car scene!


ToCA CLIO CUP:
ToCA Clio Cup was dropped from the roster as I stopped racing on fridays. However a move after ToCA created some interest. Grid sizes varied but there is enough interest to warrant another season of the championship. 3 car teams are official for it.
ExzW5E9.jpg




WSC:
n5aspa9.jpg

WSC was hit the worst by the aforementioned credit issues early on in GT6. It eventually started around 3 months later than planned but hasn't dissapointed. PD adding the option for timed races has made it more of a true against the clock series, and the change to Le Mans 2013 layout with differing time and weather and track layout has made a worthy addition to the roster. Also we've conquered Matterhorn (somehow) and taken on Motegi and Brands Hatch.

ALNpPwB.jpg


I always wanted to make WSC X the final season, and for that reason it will be a 14 week calendar. I'll gradually showcase details, bit for now i'll confirm:

01: Total Spa 24 Hours (Spa)
02:
03:
04: Rolex 24 @ Daytona (Daytona)
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14: Le Mans Classic (Le Mans 2013)

Fill in the gaps guys ;)


INDYCAR:
5uohklO.jpg


This was a first for me, and whilst for 2015 a full series re-run is unlikely, expect the FRL Indy 500 to be held again as a spot race.


V8 SUPERCARS:
TFoIhkm.jpg

Started yesterday at Rome, and I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of all involved. A V8 Season 2 is a potential possibility.


CLASSIC TOURING CARS:
Historics & Touring Cars - two things we're pretty good at. So why not combine them? Well @snowgt has and created this. Expect a european-based mini series in 2015!

htcc-jpg.242833



AND FINALLY:
vBm3kZu.jpg


A huge thank you to everyone who has participated in 2015. Also a special nod to the now GT6-retired @gokartman78 @V8-Johnboy @DrifterJoe , the soon to be retired @paulmac2k9 (if his iRacing switch comes off :p )

To everyone else: @Andil @Yeratel84 @snowgt @SkengD @chrisjohnson93 @raceorama123432 @LancerEvo7 @Panoz @AudiMan2011 @DK @hsv @GTracer98 @Spurgy 777 @CAMikaze @nascarfan1400 @smuffyatfcp @xZAMGMarmite @Siggers @Roflwaffle @PatrisS136 @ranhammerR34 @JakobNascar88 @Scaniabebe @Holdenhsvgtsr @megg230 @Mini Stiggy @cnd01 @Ninners @R1600Turbo @FlyingFox @The Stig Farmer @R0ssingt0n @Pluxtheduck @rustyMercedes @1996mikey2412 @jammy21 @Mike458 @RACECAR @Michelin and anyone I have missed out - hopefully see you on track in 2015!

:cheers: :gtpflag:
 
The Civic is back in ToCA.

Hmmm.


Also Christmas day will mark the one year anniversary of the first session with the FRL :cheers:
 

All 16 cars won't be in at first, i'll select a few of them.
 
THE FRL CHRISTMAS ADDRESS BY FURINKAZEN

After tonights WSC at Bathurst, the year 2014 is in the history books for official FRL racing events. It has been our first ever on GT6 and at times been difficult, but overall been a fun and enjoyable year for all. I suppose a little review would do no harm and information on future plans as well wouldn't go amiss..



ToCA:
bleJYm8.jpg

Love it or loathe it, ToCA has always been the FRL flagship series. Throughout 2014 there has been 3 seasons. The first 2 were no tuning affairs as I intended to try something a little different and the pricing in game meant it was somewhat difficult to get money quickly, which when speccing 100k of parts per car is somewhat tricky... I feel like it was a hit, but also had a few misses. BoP proved somewhat uneven at times, cue the Volvo complaints from ToCA12. I feel somewhat that the Volvo wasn't OP, but rather other people didn't exploit their cars full potential. Whilst not the most competitive year for ToCA, we did have a lot of racing, and new champions (Congratulations @Ninners @DrifterJoe for Overall titles, and @Holdenhsvgtsr and me took maiden ToCA drivers titles in the Jack Sears Trophy). So what does 2015 hold? Well the tuning era continues and as I have previously indicated, 2015 is the last year of the FRL barring a miracle. 2/3 seasons are in the pipeline, with the traditional 8 week, 3 races per night format remaining unchanged - if it isn't broke, don't fix it. All 8 cars are being tested ahead of a late February / early March series start. At the moment it is just me testing, but others are planned to chip in soon. However, I can release a teaser pic confirming one car for the ToCA12 season:

b5DXifV.jpg


Hopefully we will see you all in 2015 for the finale of GTP's #1 Touring Car scene!


ToCA CLIO CUP:
ToCA Clio Cup was dropped from the roster as I stopped racing on fridays. However a move after ToCA created some interest. Grid sizes varied but there is enough interest to warrant another season of the championship. 3 car teams are official for it.
ExzW5E9.jpg




WSC:
n5aspa9.jpg

WSC was hit the worst by the aforementioned credit issues early on in GT6. It eventually started around 3 months later than planned but hasn't dissapointed. PD adding the option for timed races has made it more of a true against the clock series, and the change to Le Mans 2013 layout with differing time and weather and track layout has made a worthy addition to the roster. Also we've conquered Matterhorn (somehow) and taken on Motegi and Brands Hatch.

ALNpPwB.jpg


I always wanted to make WSC X the final season, and for that reason it will be a 14 week calendar. I'll gradually showcase details, bit for now i'll confirm:

01: Total Spa 24 Hours (Spa)
02:
03:
04: Rolex 24 @ Daytona (Daytona)
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14: Le Mans Classic (Le Mans 2013)

Fill in the gaps guys ;)


INDYCAR:
5uohklO.jpg


This was a first for me, and whilst for 2015 a full series re-run is unlikely, expect the FRL Indy 500 to be held again as a spot race.


V8 SUPERCARS:
TFoIhkm.jpg

Started yesterday at Rome, and I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of all involved. A V8 Season 2 is a potential possibility.


CLASSIC TOURING CARS:
Historics & Touring Cars - two things we're pretty good at. So why not combine them? Well @snowgt has and created this. Expect a european-based mini series in 2015!

htcc-jpg.242833



AND FINALLY:
vBm3kZu.jpg


A huge thank you to everyone who has participated in 2015. Also a special nod to the now GT6-retired @gokartman78 @V8-Johnboy @DrifterJoe , the soon to be retired @paulmac2k9 (if his iRacing switch comes off :p )

To everyone else: @Andil @Yeratel84 @snowgt @SkengD @chrisjohnson93 @raceorama123432 @LancerEvo7 @Panoz @AudiMan2011 @DK @hsv @GTracer98 @Spurgy 777 @CAMikaze @nascarfan1400 @smuffyatfcp @xZAMGMarmite @Siggers @Roflwaffle @PatrisS136 @ranhammerR34 @JakobNascar88 @Scaniabebe @Holdenhsvgtsr @megg230 @Mini Stiggy @cnd01 @Ninners @R1600Turbo @FlyingFox @The Stig Farmer @R0ssingt0n @Pluxtheduck @rustyMercedes @1996mikey2412 @jammy21 @Mike458 @RACECAR @Michelin and anyone I have missed out - hopefully see you on track in 2015!

:cheers: :gtpflag:
Historic Touring cars are awesome. Great idea, guys!
 
I feel somewhat that the Volvo wasn't OP, but rather other people didn't exploit their cars full potential.
:lol:
the finale of GTP's #1 Touring Car scene!
ITCC finished last year.
3 car teams are official for it.
👍
Historics & Touring Cars - two things we're pretty good at. So why not combine them?
Will it have the driving standards of ToCA or WSC? If ToCA it'll be garbage, if WSC it'll be incredible.
 

Quote button damn it :lol:
 
Classic touring cars does look appealing :drool: please, please get the BoP right. Anything that is running post-April/May I will probably be down for as I will be a free man with my Uni degree. Shame to hear FRL is all going to end soon but obviously I can understand studies need the priority. I am sure all the community would welcome your return a few years down the line.
 
Classic touring cars does look appealing :drool: please, please get the BoP right. Anything that is running post-April/May I will probably be down for as I will be a free man with my Uni degree. Shame to hear FRL is all going to end soon but obviously I can understand studies need the priority. I am sure all the community would welcome your return a few years down the line.

Thank you for the kind words Sig, never say never. :)

@snowgt has done the BoP. Apart from me setting a kind of basic performance area, he has done everything himself - I didn't even know he was doing most of it until he sent a PM with those gorgeous classics :drool:
 
I don't get it. :confused:

That was exactly my thinking when I got your PM. Explain it again please there, this time actually so it makes some assembly of common sense. :)
 
I've got to have the Spitty in in the Historic Touring Cars. #Triumphislove
 
Back