FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,441 views
That and my Indy title (S7) as well... :sly:

Good old S9, Overall, Indy, Teams and Makes titles, all courtesy of Mazda :D:tup:
Still have a memory of you spinning out infront of me at Nurb in a gulf liveried 1 series BMW, don't know why this stuck in my memory:D
 
Still have a memory of you spinning out infront of me at Nurb in a gulf liveried 1 series BMW, don't know why this stuck in my memory:D
I still have memories of spinning out in front of absolutely everyone at Brands Hatch.
 
Still have a memory of you spinning out infront of me at Nurb in a gulf liveried 1 series BMW, don't know why this stuck in my memory:D


Don't really recall that, but if I was driving a BMW, that means that was only my 2nd event within what is now known as FRL...
 
Don't really recall that, but if I was driving a BMW, that means that was only my 2nd event within what is now known as FRL...
ToCA S6 Gulf-Yera Motorsports at Nurb GP/D. I remember thinking, this new guy should be easy to pass. Then you pulled away from me over the course of 5 laps or so, then proceeded to spin into the infield
 
Oh hi.

First time using the wheel. Still faster than Furi thank god. So much more fun than using a pad.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 14
@Andil, welcome to the world of realistic driving... *points at the pedals* So here you have your Clutch, Brake and Accelerator Pedals... And this round thing is the Steering Wheel ;)
 
Oh hi.

First time using the wheel. Still faster than Furi thank god. So much more fun than using a pad.
Even more so since it's one of the very top end wheels (certainly better than mine).
 
Even more so since it's one of the very top end wheels (certainly better than mine).
It is a solid wheel, but I wouldn't say that. There are wheels that cost 8 times as much the G27.
 

I heard of "Kill it with fire!", but that's going a tad overboard...:rolleyes:

Have you tried changing the driver?
You shoulda used a smiley when you wrote that out, @Andil. ;)

@Andil, welcome to the world of realistic driving... *points at the pedals* So here you have your Clutch, Brake and Accelerator Pedals... And this round thing is the Steering Wheel ;)
Reminds me of a story I heard about Vince Lombardi re-introducing the basics of American Football to all the rookie players on the first day of Training Camp.
Vince Lombardi
This is a Football.

I'm off of work today and tomorrow and the server problems for GT6 seem to be resolved. Anyone up for some V8SC testing this afternoon?
 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's back. It's back.

*screams like a white girl*
 
Who pays £1200 for a wheel? You could quite literally get a car for that.
In answer to @Akmuq's question: a hardcore simracer, that's who. :)
I did, once :p
I assume we have at least one of the aforementioned in our virtual presence. ;)
 
12pm GMT tomorrow FAS unveil their ToCA13 weapons :)
 
Really?

I thought we were going to get a solid car selection process this time... but that's probably not going to happen.

BoP is much closer than last week. And our car isn't even fastest...


*cue the usual pointless complaints off people*


Remember with only 6 cars this time around i'm more generous with how many are allowed on the grid anyway...
 
BoP is much closer than last week. And our car isn't even fastest...


*cue the usual pointless complaints off people*


Remember with only 6 cars this time around i'm more generous with how many are allowed on the grid anyway...
Isn't it a bit early to announce your car choice 2 months before ToCA will even kick off pre season? Unless you are really confident in what car you're choosing...
 
ECM would announce their car at 12pm GMT tomorrow if there were specs for us to test with...
 
Isn't it a bit early to announce your car choice 2 months before ToCA will even kick off pre season? Unless you are really confident in what car you're choosing...
ECM would announce their car at 12pm GMT tomorrow if there were specs for us to test with...

Specs aren't totally finalised. But 4/6 cars are within 0.2-0.3 at BHI (and trying to get them closer still, and tinker with the 2 slightly out of line cars.), and speed test wise all covered by 3mph. My car joint 3rd on the charts at 155mph at SSRX.
 
Specs aren't totally finalised. But 4/6 cars are within 0.2-0.3 at BHI (and trying to get them closer still, and tinker with the 2 slightly out of line cars.), and speed test wise all covered by 3mph. My car joint 3rd on the charts at 155mph at SSRX.
SSRX has different air restistance/thingy compared to other tracks IIRC

They should be close at Brands anyway as it's a short track, my main concern to see how they are on other tracks because some cars can be good on one track and suck at others (I signed up in the Hyundai after I did 1 test at BHI in T10... and that was one of top tracks). Other tracks we'll get a better idea of what the pecking order is with the cars.
 
Wouldn't .2-.3 at BHI be more like a second or more at a longer track?
SSRX has different air restistance/thingy compared to other tracks IIRC

They should be close at Brands anyway as it's a short track, my main concern to see how they are on other tracks because some cars can be good on one track and suck at others (I signed up in the Hyundai after I did 1 test at BHI in T10... and that was one of top tracks). Other tracks we'll get a better idea of what the pecking order is with the cars.

Exactly why it's not only track i've been testing them on... i;ve taken majority of testing on myself for this one..
 
12pm GMT tomorrow FAS unveil their ToCA13 weapons :)

This reaches a whole new level of ridiculousness... :irked:

You're going to reveal your pick even before revealing S13's car roster for the rest of us... bloody brilliant :rolleyes:

Really?

I thought we were going to get a solid car selection process this time... but that's probably not going to happen. Again.

What else is new?... :rolleyes:
 
This reaches a whole new level of ridiculousness... :irked:

You're going to reveal your pick even before revealing S13's car roster for the rest of us... bloody brilliant :rolleyes:



What else is new?... :rolleyes:
Here comes the ever so predictable unfounded complaints that surface every single season but do not actually make any sense.

If you read my posts you'll see specs aren't even finalised. Just think for one moment me saying "oh I'm going to run this car " is actually going to have next season?

Is it going to influence the championship me saying it now instead of a months time? No.

Is it going to stop you in any way being competitive? No.

Is it any different me saying "I want this ", even when specs are not totally finished but already very close, which you would have seen based on the fact you've presumably read all the posts above? No.

Is it much worse than @Scaniabebe attempting to lock FIVE cars into next season and publicly saying he wants Renaults before last season had even concluded - where were all the protests then? No...

And people can't counter with the "unfair that I get specs early " argument - I'm the darn host. People don't complain about it being unfair me picking Ford first in WSC GT-P that I tested myself, or the Cadillac in V8's that I tested myself?

It's only for ToCA people complain, about the most trivial little things. I suppose it was unfair of me to test at tracks before I publicly released the schedule as well. Right?
 
@Furinkazen, wasn't actually asking about car specs... when I mentioned car roster I meant the actual cars, not its specs

Since you already revealed a few cars, why not reveal the rest? (it's not like you'll be giving away any performance intel ahead of time)

As for your unveiling, shouldn't you finish with last season (final standing tables for Teams and Makes I mean) for good before moving on?
 
Back