FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,441 views
Here comes the ever so predictable unfounded complaints that surface every single season but do not actually make any sense.

If you read my posts you'll see specs aren't even finalised. Just think for one moment me saying "oh I'm going to run this car " is actually going to have next season?

Is it going to influence the championship me saying it now instead of a months time? No.

Is it going to stop you in any way being competitive? No.

Is it any different me saying "I want this ", even when specs are not totally finished but already very close, which you would have seen based on the fact you've presumably read all the posts above? No.

Is it much worse than @Scaniabebe attempting to lock FIVE cars into next season and publicly saying he wants Renaults before last season had even concluded - where were all the protests then? No...

And people can't counter with the "unfair that I get specs early " argument - I'm the darn host. People don't complain about it being unfair me picking Ford first in WSC GT-P that I tested myself, or the Cadillac in V8's that I tested myself?

It's only for ToCA people complain, about the most trivial little things. I suppose it was unfair of me to test at tracks before I publicly released the schedule as well. Right?

Furi, of course it doesn't necessarily change anything, if you pick one car at this point. But you know perfectly well that it fuels suspicion in many participating drivers, so why do it now, at a point when you yourself don't even know the final specs? It makes it look like you are favouring one car and instead of treating all cars equally until whoever is testing has found them to be balanced, chances are your chosen car will certainly not come out as the worst of all "balanced" cars. Because once you've declared, you won't be objective anymore even though you might have the best intentions.

Admittedly, you could also keep quiet and have already decided, but it's in everybody's best interest not to choose until you yourself wouldn't mind running any of the spec'd cars (even if it's only not to subject yourself to everyone else's suspicion).
 
@Furinkazen, wasn't actually asking about car specs... when I mentioned car roster I meant the actual cars, not its specs

Since you already revealed a few cars, why not reveal the rest? (it's not like you'll be giving away any performance intel ahead of time)

About to kill 2 birds with stone on this post Yera.. ;)

As for your unveiling, shouldn't you finish with last season (final standing tables for Teams and Makes I mean) for good before moving on?

Indeed I will :)

Furi, of course it doesn't necessarily change anything, if you pick one car at this point. But you know perfectly well that it fuels suspicion in many participating drivers, so why do it now, at a point when you yourself don't even know the final specs? It makes it look like you are favouring one car and instead of treating all cars equally until whoever is testing has found them to be balanced, chances are your chosen car will certainly not come out as the worst of all "balanced" cars. Because once you've declared, you won't be objective anymore even though you might have the best intentions.

Admittedly, you could also keep quiet and have already decided, but it's in everybody's best interest not to choose until you yourself wouldn't mind running any of the spec'd cars (even if it's only not to subject yourself to everyone else's suspicion).

Because then i've made a choice, won't backtrack, and we won't get the "whah wah Furi picked fastest car that I think is OP" lot later. I understand your concerns but if I was fixing the thing (and people have suggested that a long time ago #monzamemories), would you all be here and would we be approaching a 13th season? I think not.

Anyhow time to tie my colours to the mast, and reveal my #54 and @SkengD #44 ride for ToCA13 :)

Gemasolar.jpg


Storm in a teacup, over.

Also next season a totally overhauled points system.
 
Errr

Oh

That's not what I was expecting.

Also that's a pretty mad wing for touring cars. :lol:
 
Phahahahahahahahahaha:')
The only time the C4 was any good at anything was back in the WRC Days with Loeb and Ogier at the wheel! :lol:
 
Also this Citroen is the same one Mel drove right?
Ominous sign is ominous.

EDIT - We could coin a phrase here, "Don't be a Mel, drive a ....".
 
Still baffled that you chose a C4.. Jesus.. This is taking a while to sink in. :lol:
 
Could you please remind me the revealed cars? Can only remember Honda, Renault and Volvo... (with pics if possible ;))


EDIT: :dopey: Nevermind, just came to me you already revealed Ford and Mazda... but still post pics again if possible :D

@Furinkazen, good to see you like the post... :rolleyes:

Now post the pictures :mischievous:
 
Furi got out the ugly for ToCA.
 
Back