FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,303 views
Working on another car. If that fails to come up to scratch, 5 car season.

Weren't you testing more than 6 cars to begin with? I'm pretty sure you can find our 6th option among them... ;)
 
I bet this is just an elaborate ruse and he's gonna throw the Trollvo in at the last minute.

Wouldn't mind that, given I never got the chance to even test it as it left the roster prior to my first full ToCA season... sure would like to know what's all the fuss surrounding it... :sly:
 
Remember, Furi lies.
 
I miss that rocket pocket BRZ of mine.
The one and only appearance for the Mid Life Crisis Association.

MLCARX.png
 
That still was one and a half seconds slower than my BRZ. :D :lol: Actually, the whole field was, so...
I picked the car 3 hours before, I was expecting it to be terrible, I was actually really pleased with 4th and no setup. :dopey:
 
hsv
I picked the car 3 hours before, I was expecting it to be terrible, I was actually really pleased with 4th and no setup. :dopey:

Johnnypenso's setup for the BRZ was perfect. Since camber was added (or fixed, depends on your PoV), I don't really know.
 
Johnnypenso's setup for the BRZ was perfect. Since camber was added (or fixed, depends on your PoV), I don't really know.
I had a winning streak in Group B going, then the series went. :ouch:
 
We've got to do a rallycross championship or something like that! However, I have an idea for a race series:

Spec Miata Racing!

Syracuse - Night_2.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_16.jpg

This is a very fun series that @rcb929 and I did and it was a great amount of fun to do! This is a one make series that you can just buy the car, build it (no fine tuning required because the car is pre-built), and go racing and have a lot of fun! These are the car specs:

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

467 PP
225 HP
920 KG

Any Aero Kit
Flat Floor Type A
Any Rear Wing
All Weight Reductions
Racing Brakes
Racing Hard Tires
Racing Hard Suspension
Six Speed Transmission
Stage 2 Engine
Sports Exhaust
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity

This series is great fun and is sure to provide tons of close racing!
 
I remember when PURE had a Spec Miata series. IIRC they've since migrated to Assetto Corsa.
 
Actually I remember a Miata series organized by @DaxCobra, with the Roadster TC on SS tyres... Best thing that happened to me was a 2nd place finish at Suzuka on a 100% wet track (tyres kept spinning all the way to 4th gear and had to navigate through the hairpin in at least 3rd gear to avoid spinning)
 
DK
I remember when PURE had a Spec Miata series. IIRC they've since migrated to Assetto Corsa.

It was more R1600Turbos series that then became part of PURE. He ran 2 seasons of it well before PURE existed, with the mk1 Miatas.

Not really anything happening in PURE atm to my knowledge. But alot are enjoying playing on AC.

I myself am getting to grips with iRacing now and loving the new challenge. :D
 
I'd love to have a PC that could run AC.
 
We've got to do a rallycross championship or something like that!
About 4/5 iterations of the same RX championship have been attempted over the past year, only one actually managed to get more than one round in.
 
@Mike458 That kind of series would put me out of retirement of online racing, things is, it gotta be on weekends..
 
hsv
About 4/5 iterations of the same RX championship have been attempted over the past year, only one actually managed to get more than one round in.

I believe it was Katiegan's series if I'm not mistaken... only been able to race in two rounds because of conflict with ToCA (finished 2nd to @jammy21 in one and won another in Super category, and won both in Limited category with a 205 Turbo 16 :D)
 
I believe it was Katiegan's series if I'm not mistaken... only been able to race in two rounds because of conflict with ToCA (finished 2nd to @jammy21 in one and won another in Super category, and won both in Limited category with a 205 Turbo 16 :D)
GRC S2 was run by Kitten, he took over from Katie, that did a round, CORE tried to revamp it with the most complex event system ever devised by man (seriously, you basically did a race, the top half did one route of races, the bottom half another route, they were all basically the same and it was pointless).
Btw @hsv will like the livery I picked out of the member made ones. :sly:

http://www.tradingpaints.com/showroom/view/15029/Airwaves-Menthol--eucalyptus-

I just changed the wheels to yellow and the number to 77 ;).
My favourite Airwaves liveries:

airwaves-ducati1.jpg

9714d1168028600-airwaves-black-mint-ducati_nec2006-003_r.jpg
 
Back