FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,369 views
I would follow you around whenever you were driving the MX-5 with that livery, looks awesome!

(provided I could keep up)

(unlikely :p )

And you were so close with the number. So, so close
Last time I raced with you was at Le Mans and you were singing all about that bass driving the BMW OP
 
I distinctly remember that when we went to Suzuka, you went quite quicker by drifting the esses :crazy:

We didn't race at Suzuka, we only did Silverstone Stowe and Streets of Willow...
 
Which series are we talking about? Were you in the one on GT5?

I tried a race on GT5 with a 22B STI at Cote D'Azur, but I didn't make the show. Now we're talking about GRC S2 on GT6, Limited.
 
I would follow you around whenever you were driving the MX-5 with that livery, looks awesome!

(provided I could keep up)

(unlikely :p )

And you were so close with the number. So, so close

I'm still learning so you probably could, only doing 1:01s on Lime rock when the fastest times I have seen are low 0s.
 
I'm still learning so you probably could, only doing 1:01s on Lime rock when the fastest times I have seen are low 0s.
I hated lime rock, as you go over the hill at a slightly awkward angle you are going to end up in the well. The races there are horrible for SR. I cant remember what times I was doing round there, I'll see if I can find some old race/practise results.


Last time I raced with you was at Le Mans and you were singing all about that bass driving the BMW OP
I hate that song now. I haven't got a wheel or ps3 or gt6 at uni so I haven't had a chance to drive any BMW's recently. How long ago was that?!
 
I hated lime rock, as you go over the hill at a slightly awkward angle you are going to end up in the well. The races there are horrible for SR. I cant remember what times I was doing round there, I'll see if I can find some old race/practise results.



I hate that song now. I haven't got a wheel or ps3 or gt6 at uni so I haven't had a chance to drive any BMW's recently. How long ago was that?!
Six months?
 
I hate that song now. I haven't got a wheel or ps3 or gt6 at uni so I haven't had a chance to drive any BMW's recently. How long ago was that?!

A lifetime? :p


Admit it, you're a grown up now... you can't waste anymore time playing with us kids
 
A lifetime? :p


Admit it, you're a grown up now... you can't waste anymore time playing with us kids
From next week expect me to go quieter.
 
A lifetime? :p


Admit it, you're a grown up now... you can't waste anymore time playing with us kids
Grown ups can still play games ;) I would rather play gt6 than do uni work, but racing with you guys won't get me a degree unfortunately :lol:
 
Find any times then @gokartman78? :p

My Aussie friend who has been on iRacing over a year did a 0.6 so I know I'm slow :p. Still I have only done 3 sessions on iRacing thus far.

The corners giving me most problems is braking for T1 and trying to carry speed in the last bend. Also yes from the practise sessions where I encountered slower drivers I can tell it's crap for racing ad it's basically flat and one line.

Laguna Seca is next so atleast I know the track. Will hopefully do better there :).
 
Grown ups can still play games ;) I would rather play gt6 than do uni work, but racing with you guys won't get me a degree unfortunately :lol:
Last part is so true and another reason I am winding down.

Find any times then @gokartman78? :p

My Aussie friend who has been on iRacing over a year did a 0.6 so I know I'm slow :p. Still I have only done 3 sessions on iRacing thus far.

The corners giving me most problems is braking for T1 and trying to carry speed in the last bend. Also yes from the practise sessions where I encountered slower drivers I can tell it's crap for racing ad it's basically flat and one line.

Laguna Seca is next so atleast I know the track. Will hopefully do better there :).
Corey? :sly:
 
Find any times then @gokartman78? :p

My Aussie friend who has been on iRacing over a year did a 0.6 so I know I'm slow :p. Still I have only done 3 sessions on iRacing thus far.

The corners giving me most problems is braking for T1 and trying to carry speed in the last bend. Also yes from the practise sessions where I encountered slower drivers I can tell it's crap for racing ad it's basically flat and one line.

Laguna Seca is next so atleast I know the track. Will hopefully do better there :).
I haven't renewed my subscription so it won't let me log on and find my old times :(. I think over summer I am going to start again and get into it a lot more, the way the races are done work really well for me. Working weekends makes doing stuff on GT6 really hard, whereas iRacing there are races every hour or so, all hours of the day :D
 
Last part is so true and another reason I am winding down.


Corey? :sly:

Yes. He races the v8 pretty well to be fair. Top split in the Us series and borderline top split in the Aussie series.

I haven't renewed my subscription so it won't let me log on and find my old times :(. I think over summer I am going to start again and get into it a lot more, the way the races are done work really well for me. Working weekends makes doing stuff on GT6 really hard, whereas iRacing there are races every hour or so, all hours of the day :D

Exactly, though I have yet to do a race as I feel I'm not quite consistent for a 15+ lap race.
 
Exactly, though I have yet to do a race as I feel I'm not quite consistent for a 15+ lap race.

Have you done qualifying yet? If not then don't, and chances are you get to start at the back of the grid. You can take the first few laps slowly, avoiding other drivers crashing and settling into your own race. If you have qualified then keep doing it improving your time, that time determines where you start on the grid. Your best time from quali for that series/track combo stays until the track changes. I decided to do a race once I managed to do 10 laps without spinning, and once I had started racing I improved so much, watching what other people do in races really does make a difference.

Sorry for being off topic, I know in these threads the only off topic stuff allowed is banterous stuff, sorry for it being non banterous off topic stuff.
 
Sorry for being off topic, I know in these threads the only off topic stuff allowed is banterous stuff, sorry for it being non banterous off topic stuff.
I blame Dax for the lack of banter.
 
Sorry for being off topic, I know in these threads the only off topic stuff allowed is banterous stuff, sorry for it being non banterous off topic stuff.

It's the off season for the most part anyway. I watched Corey do a race with the faster guys at lime rock. Too bad he spun in t2 on the first lap while in 3rd :lol:.
Funny thing a driver named "Rob Austin" came in to spectate/spot like I did that race :p.
 
I present your new 6th Toca car...

GolfFRL_zps6c50f37d.png

GolfFRL2_zps259f23e2.png

#RPM #FRL :sly::lol:.
 
Back