FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,369 views
I'll need to test these much more thoroughly anyhow, I didn't expect them to be this close.
My only issue is that you have your entire team put together most of the time with your team's car choice before anyone else gets the opportunity to look at specs. I know it's your series, but I personally prefer the way you handled things in V8s
 
My only issue is that you have your entire team put together most of the time with your team's car choice before anyone else gets the opportunity to look at specs. I know it's your series, but I personally prefer the way you handled things in V8s

I had picked Stangs before V8s but switched, the Cadillac was only specced last minute. :lol: Fair enough if you think deciding and announcing before is premature.
 
I had picked Stangs before V8s but switched, the Cadillac was only specced last minute. :lol: Fair enough if you think deciding and announcing before is premature.
That was a wise choice switching...man that thing is hard to get to go fast


My suggestion:
If you have a period of time say a week where the specs were released, but no one can commit to a car before that week was up. Then you can come out and announce everything you want that day with team and everything and it's all but sorted at that point.
 
That was a wise choice switching...man that thing is hard to get to go fast


My suggestion:
If you have a period of time say a week where the specs were released, but no one can commit to a car before that week was up. Then you can come out and announce everything you want that day with team and everything and it's all but sorted at that point.

We did start last season with a 2 week window before you can make your choice "official".
 
We did start last season with a 2 week window before you can make your choice "official".
That's the best thing to do and wait until that period opens before you do the team and car choice officially rather than us seeing the thread locked with yourself pencilled in with your car lol
 
I know time constraints don't allow it, but really the best bet would be to have official preseason tests at every track like in S9 to work out kinks in specs.

Although this season that shouldn't be as big of an issue. ;)



And since you committed to the C4, you should stick to it. Switching now makes it look like there's bad intentions.
 
That's the best thing to do and wait until that period opens before you do the team and car choice officially rather than us seeing the thread locked with yourself pencilled in with your car lol

That did happen, even with the 2-week trial period of sorts... way before thread was opened we all knew his team (and himself as an Independent), were going to race with Volvos
 
I know time constraints don't allow it, but really the best bet would be to have official preseason tests at every track like in S9 to work out kinks in specs.

Although this season that shouldn't be as big of an issue. ;)



And since you committed to the C4, you should stick to it. Switching now makes it look like there's bad intentions.

Well lets wait and see :) If we manage 2 tracks a night for 2 weeks on a saturday / sunday (WSC finishes before V8s and WSC X will not be until easter time earliest..) we can cover it pretty well.

That did happen, even with the 2-week trial period of sorts... way before thread was opened we all knew his team (and himself as an Independent), were going to race with Volvos

Volvo was not ever on main list for this season.
 
And since you committed to the C4, you should stick to it. Switching now makes it look like there's bad intentions.
And that's exactly what I have my issue with. Announcing the car before all specs have been released to everyone and then switching later on.
That did happen, even with the 2-week trial period of sorts... way before thread was opened we all knew his team (and himself as an Independent), were going to race with Volvos
That's what needs to change
 
The new points system is a great addition not sure about the control rims.
 
Just to clarify, I don't believe that Furi is doing anything wrong, but it is a little too much to be a coincidence that his team and car wins most of the races and championships most of which are announced before specs come out. :)
 
Just to clarify, I don't believe that Furi is doing anything wrong, but it is a little too much to be a coincidence that his team and car wins most of the races and championships most of which are announced before specs come out. :)

SYM and 3 constructors titles want a word with you outside, in a back alley...
 
*cough* fast drivers *cough @Andil @Ninners *

This season will be much harder though :sly:
I'll just say this: If no one knew the specs and you came to me asking if I wanted to be on your team I certainly wouldn't say no because you know the specs and what cars are fast because you always pick a good one ;)
 
I'll just say this: If no one knew the specs and you came to me asking if I wanted to be on your team I certainly wouldn't say no because you know the specs and what cars are fast because you always pick a good one ;)

Well not everyone thinks like that :p

If you want to bring an Indy entry or a team along next season you would be more than welcome.
 
Well not everyone thinks like that :p

If you want to bring an Indy entry or a team along next season you would be more than welcome.
I'll take a peek and see once specs come out. I'm prone to have some time for a one off or 2 ;)
 
Just to clarify, I don't believe that Furi is doing anything wrong, but it is a little too much to be a coincidence that his team and car wins most of the races and championships most of which are announced before specs come out. :)
It's because I was on his team in S3, and fast drivers look up to me and try emulate my legacy.
 
I'll just say this: If no one knew the specs and you came to me asking if I wanted to be on your team I certainly wouldn't say no because you know the specs and what cars are fast because you always pick a good one ;)
This was my logic in S9 (and S10/11 to a lesser extent) and it paid off well for me. 👍
 
A little progress report actually, this has taken up much of the day:

~All car spec sheets have been re-updated, checked and completed. Updated car renders are all that is needed.

~All championship rules / regs / OP info has been updated to T13 design, altered to refer to new elements (Community features, rule tweaks as detailed previously, etc)

~All Championship tables produced, calculated and ready.

~Q1 sheet for Brands Indy ready, now need 7 copies for the rest.

OP Banners / clips are all that is now needed.
 
Meh. If there was a Trucks series I probably wouldn't show up for most of the races regardless.
Funny thing is that ever since I went away to university my internet speed went way up unlike most people. I go from downloading Steam games from 61 kps to 3 mbps. I just don't have the time to run any more.
 
That did happen, even with the 2-week trial period of sorts... way before thread was opened we all knew his team (and himself as an Independent), were going to race with Volvos
How good was the Volvo again? :P

I'll just say this: If no one knew the specs and you came to me asking if I wanted to be on your team I certainly wouldn't say no because you know the specs and what cars are fast because you always pick a good one ;)
This is true.
 
How good was the Volvo again? :p

Just the setup mate 👍

But yeah agree it would be good if specs could be announced before people announce their car choice. In an ideal situation, we should have a pecking order for who can choose car first. With the current first-come-first-served system, if someone's away for a couple of days, they could come back to GTP to find no cars left..
 
BTW given that nice table of yours has an empty cell, why not award an extra point for the one who leads most laps in each race?

Because that particular "statistic" favours those that start in the front, and especially in reverse grid races that might have nothing to do with actual merit.

Some situations where it doesn't make sense in my opinion:
- When a good driver had some mishap in race 1, starts in the front in race 2 and gets away while his usual competition has to go through the field, how does that deserve extra points...?
- In Race 1, say the pole-sitter is quickest by some margin. He gets most points for the win and extra points for pole anyway. Why some more extra points for most leading laps?

Another reason not to do it (a very practical one), is that a certain someone has to study the replays, and the tables are always late as it is. :p
 
Meh. If there was a Trucks series I probably wouldn't show up for most of the races regardless.
Funny thing is that ever since I went away to university my internet speed went way up unlike most people. I go from downloading Steam games from 61 kps to 3 mbps. I just don't have the time to run any more.

How the hell did you survive that?
 
Back