FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,384 views
Surely the "Ben Spurge" on the timing screens must have reminded you of him :p
Naw honestly I didn't even watch any of the other racing, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

So no I didn't see the red FFord either sorry Spurgy haha. We could have had our race off for the #77 in this series ;) I wasn't testing on Friday either, costs too much!
 
Naw honestly I didn't even watch any of the other racing, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

So no I didn't see the red FFord either sorry Spurgy haha. We could have had our race off for the #77 in this series ;) I wasn't testing on Friday either, costs too much!

Whats so expensive about one day of testing?

Oh and cheers @Roflwaffle @Ninners @hsv - will work from those pics 👍
 
Still a small concern for Monza though, the first chicane barriers could cause mayhem if a leader clips it at the start of a reverse grid race. Or somebody forces you into it by turning in.

I'm also not overjoyed with the 80's version of Monza. I suppose there's just one quick way through the first chicane and a train of cars will need to sort their position out before or they will go flying over the kerbs. Also the Lesmos are much less demanding as they are not as tight. The second one could even be flat out, if I recall correctly from the Senna-TT. This will be a top speed slipstream event even more than it used to be.
 
I'm also not overjoyed with the 80's version of Monza. I suppose there's just one quick way through the first chicane and a train of cars will need to sort their position out before or they will go flying over the kerbs. Also the Lesmos are much less demanding as they are not as tight. The second one could even be flat out, if I recall correctly from the Senna-TT. This will be a top speed slipstream event even more than it used to be.

Cape Inside, HSR, Monza used to be our calendar in early days - try that for slipstreaming :p

Oh and err.... OP banner done :)
 
To give you an idea Furi, a test in the Formula Fords would cost £1,500 just to hire the car, and you would also need another £1,000 spare for the excess on the insurance incase there's any damage. Then there's the extra costs on top, like (usually) accommodation, circuit fees, fuel and stuff getting to the circuit, so realistically you're going to need about £3,000 every test day.

EDIT: Oh, and to give you another idea, I got a good deal with the Ariel Atoms at £200 per 45 minutes session as it was a taster day :p
 
Slightly less for a test in the TR7. Although it does use 40l of fuel in the race alone
 
To give you an idea Furi, a test in the Formula Fords would cost £1,500 just to hire the car, and you would also need another £1,000 spare for the excess on the insurance incase there's any damage. Then there's the extra costs on top, like (usually) accommodation, circuit fees, fuel and stuff getting to the circuit, so realistically you're going to need about £3,000 every test day.

EDIT: Oh, and to give you another idea, I got a good deal with the Ariel Atoms at £200 per 45 minutes session as it was a taster day :p
That's about £2k more per day than me.. And I thought mine was expensive :lol:
 
Only Alfa Romeo remains to be finalised. All 7 other cars done.
 
To give you an idea Furi, a test in the Formula Fords would cost £1,500 just to hire the car, and you would also need another £1,000 spare for the excess on the insurance incase there's any damage. Then there's the extra costs on top, like (usually) accommodation, circuit fees, fuel and stuff getting to the circuit, so realistically you're going to need about £3,000 every test day.

EDIT: Oh, and to give you another idea, I got a good deal with the Ariel Atoms at £200 per 45 minutes session as it was a taster day :p
Geez I know a touring car test day is 10k and if you want to test an aston Martin v12 vantage gt3 is only £2,500!!
 
Well, I'm now out of the driving seat until further notice after being badly bitten by a dog...
 
Ouch. I told John he should put that thing on a leash!

Well actually, it was my best friend's dog that was attacked by a Pitbull - which when I dragged the bloody thing off the dog - set upon my hand :P
 
Well actually, it was my best friend's dog that was attacked by a Pitbull - which when I dragged the bloody thing off the dog - set upon my hand :p
It's ok you just need a right foot and you can steer with the other hand.
 
Well actually, it was my best friend's dog that was attacked by a Pitbull - which when I dragged the bloody thing off the dog - set upon my hand :p
Your mistake was going after the little dog first. Now you know.


I've broken up about 150 dog fights in thepast year alone. You go after the aggressive dog, until it gets scared. The one which was attacked "belongs to" the attacking dog for the duration of the attack.

Scaring the aggressive dog off or removing it from the scene works better.



P.S., pit bulls are illegal in my province.
 
DogWhisperer_Andrew, formerly ITCC_Andrew, occasionally bumps into the FRL threads to share his wonderful dog whispering wisdom.
 
@ITCC_Andrew: That's the one I went for, the aggressive dog but as soon as I had it off the other dog - it set upon me:p

But yeah, I hope to be fit for the start of the Season as seriously dude - my right hand is currently redundant...
 
Saw one in Sefton Park last year jumping up a tree trying to get a slab of meat... horrible owners, horrible things. :yuck:
 
Back