FRL ~ GTE II ~ Series Cancelled see Post #108

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 107 comments
Testing was great. I feel the car is okay. I'm not so sure about the driver.:lol:

I couldn't stay for long. Did you guys ever run any races?

No, might run a little 3-4 lapper at LM next friday for our final test. Lap time wise fastest I saw (at LM) was 4:02 and slowest 4:08.

20181015194457.jpg

My Corvette livery for GTE II.

TEST DETAILS / DRIVERS BRIEFING - Le Mans

@CrazyJohn @DrifterJoe @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @Foxed @Clean Racer @cnd01 @GTPorsche @FireEmblem10 @TNR_KING_FILO @Yeratel84 @HighStakes @polarbear345 @raceorama123432 @AudiMan2011

Alright so here we go then - first weekend of the new GTE series. Firstly big thank you to @cnd01 for the work on car specs which look pretty solid so far. Slightly different format though to what will be the norm this weekend.

Friday - Test Session.

Official test session will open around 1900-1930 BST (1900 is a touch over 6hrs from this post for anyone unsure. Circuit will be Le Mans only tonight and lobby setup in full race conditions. Lobby has no definite "closing date" - more so when everyone has left - i'm in no rush to leave tonight and can stay online for as long as required. Please if possible make sure your liveries are near finished - remember the mandatory FRL GTE decal is on my GTS profile.

Saturday - Practice / Qualifying / Race

ToCA15 drivers will be familiar with the system of me putting a practice lobby up whilst I am AFK during the daytime. This system will be used again with a room open approx 1400.

Qualifying will commence earlier than other rounds of the series due to the length of Le Mans, at 1840 and be a 45 minute session. Fastest time will be recorded, no rules about having to stay on track the whole time, your fastest lap counts.

Race is 2 hours instead of a regular 1hr 30min and a manual rolling start. Pace lap speed single file at 100mph / 160kph for the majority of the lap, exit of Porsche Curves / Corvette Corner then slow to 50mph / 80kph. 2x2 with Odd numbers on right, even on left, Green flag will be at the Rolex bridge further up the pit straight. Any jump starts will be reviewed post race and the penalty as such is equivalent to a drive-through - 30 second penalty will be applied post-race.

Remember guys this is an endurance race, you can't win it on Lap #1 but you can sure as hell lose it. Heavy damage, be respectful especially early on. Also being a timed race you have to be running at the end to be classified - and if your car has been parked up somewhere and you come back for the end your final lap time must be within 125% of the race fastest lap. If you get DC'd with 2 minutes left on clock, unfortunate and you'll drop all the way down the order but that's what can happen.

Race Control will be the FRL Discord in the FRL Official Voice Channel - I will also be there for the Practice session tonight.

See you all this weekend :D

Furi

If you get DC'd with 2 minutes left on clock, unfortunate and you'll drop all the way down the order but that's what can happen.
That's a crock of bull:censored:, you should get credited for laps completed.

Any jump starts will be reviewed post race and the penalty as such is equivalent to a drive-through - 30 second penalty will be applied post-race.
A drivethrough would be much faster than 30 seconds. I only lost 20 seconds doing a pitstop for new tyres, so a drivethrough would lose you about 14-15 seconds at le mans. At a recent monza race a tyre-only pitstop only lost me 10 seconds.

A drivethrough would be much faster than 30 seconds. I only lost 20 seconds doing a pitstop for new tyres, so a drivethrough would lose you about 14-15 seconds at le mans. At a recent monza race a tyre-only pitstop only lost me 10 seconds.

I timed it.

Good to get running down tonight and very confident for this race.

Afternoon Europeans, & morning Americans. Pre race warm-up lobby is up in a few minutes. I will be AFK during it but back in approx 4 hours. Quali in 5 hours 20 approx from this post. See you tonight.

Welp. Whilst doesn't affect positions I cop a 30 second penalty for start infringement. Felt good driving the car, Nurb be a different story and a likely 14-16 car entry. Gonna be crazy into T1.

Latest Posts

Back