FRL ~ ToCA Clio Cup - Ninners Is Drivers Champion, Andil Scholarship, RPM Teams!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 577 comments
GT6 seriously has network issues, It's a bit hard to adjust to racing in equal spec instead of multi-class which is what I generally do. Also trying to pass requires more aggression than usual. To Carb and Chris, sorry for the taps, I got caught out and I accept the blame for that.

Also don't know what happened with Jammy going off on the straight, I was right behind him but not touching him from where I was was. How odd.

Network 👎

1 drive caught my eye for wrong reasons, and lag accuanted incidents :(

Great wins for Joe, Nin, Andil. 4 pts separate top 4 in championship. Whilst nothing could go right for me.

Me and @Carbonox (Stewards) have decided to issue @hsv010 1 license point due to over aggressive driving. Please HSV, take this as a warning and don't repeat, same goes for ToCA. You've proven you're sufficiently quick without need to rush through.

Furi.

Just lacking a few tenths which in this series could cost you around 4 positions. Not happy with doing a 53.3 solo 2 laps from the end of round 3.

Round 1 was ok, made a mistake around half distance which cost me a few positions
Round 2 was my best round, taking advantage of being near the front of the grid, being 2nd behind @DK then following @Andil for a few laps then being overtaken by @DrifterJoe, @Ninners and @hsv010 which left me in 5th and managed to hold on ahead of @snowgt.
Round 3 was my worst round as a 14th place finish was not representative of my past after a bit of a lag spike from @snowgt sent me off into the gravel at the outside at clearways

I just checked fastest laps. I assume FLs need to be 'clean' to count? i.e. at least 2 wheels on track/kerbing at any time? Just looking at fast laps from the timing screen isn't good enough.

Anyway I found:

Round 1:
Fastest (but not clean) - Carboyxjr: 53.025
Fastest (clean) - GTP_Snowcrash: 53.075

Round 2:
Fastest (clean) - Joe: 53.016

Round 3:
Fastest (but not clean) - Carboyxjr: 52.963
Fastest (clean) - Nin: 53.140

Someone else feel free to double check it, wouldn't be 100% sure the above is correct.

Good racing tonight 👍 - just lacked a little bit of pace, don't know why, 53.3 was about my ultimate pace even in a tow, which when looking at the lap times above says a lot.

Really happy with my Race 2 though, lined up passes time and time again, just kept finding clear space for me to drive into over and over. Couldn't quite replicate it in Race 3 sadly :D

Please don't use horns in races though? Kinda spoils it. Lost a position on last lap of the final race because of the distraction.

QUICK RESULTS - ToCA CLIO CUP R1/2/3 - BRANDS HATCH INDY.
(Originally Posted On The Official ToCA FaceBook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/ToCA/1441406329414562?ref=hl)

!NOT FINAL!

R1:
1st: Ninners (THAR)
2nd: HSV (Elf/WD-40 TCR)
3rd: Andil (Andil)

Independents: HSV (Elf/WD-40 TCR)
Scholarship: Andil (Andil)
FL: JoeOfTheFire (RPM)
Pole: JoeOfTheFire (RPM)

R2:
1st: Andil (Andil)
2nd: JoeOfTheFire (RPM)
3rd: Ninners (THAR)

Independents / Andil (Andil)
Scholarship / Andil (Andil)
FL / ???

R3:
1st: JoeOfTheFire (RPM)
2nd: HSV (Elf/WD-40 TCR)
3rd: Ninners (THAR)

Independents: HSV (Elf/WD-40 TCR)
Scholarship: Andil (Andil)
FL: ???

OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP:
1st: JoeOfTheFire (RPM) 51
2nd: Ninners (THAR) 50
3rd: HSV (Elf/WD-40 TCR) 49

SCHOLARSHIP CHAMPIONSHIP:
1st: Andil (Andil) 60
2nd: Jammy (DJ Motorsports) 51
3rd Dano (DJ Motorsports) 45

INDEPENDENTS CHAMPIONSHIP:
(TBC)

TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP:
1st: RPM 71
2nd THAR 64
3rd DJ Motorsports 38.

I just checked fastest laps. I assume FLs need to be 'clean' to count? i.e. at least 2 wheels on track/kerbing at any time? Just looking at fast laps from the timing screen isn't good enough.

Anyway I found:

Round 1:
Fastest (but not clean) - Carboyxjr: 53.025
Fastest (clean) - GTP_Snowcrash: 53.075

Round 2:
Fastest (clean) - Joe: 53.016

Round 3:
Fastest (but not clean) - Carboyxjr: 52.963
Fastest (clean) - Nin: 53.140

Someone else feel free to double check it, wouldn't be 100% sure the above is correct.

Good racing tonight 👍 - just lacked a little bit of pace, don't know why, 53.3 was about my ultimate pace even in a tow, which when looking at the lap times above says a lot.

Really happy with my Race 2 though, lined up passes time and time again, just kept finding clear space for me to drive into over and over. Couldn't quite replicate it in Race 3 sadly :D

Please don't use horns in races though? Kinda spoils it. Lost a position on last lap of the final race because of the distraction.
Joe got a 53.065 in Race 1, just going to check if his lap was clean.

Cheers for help lads. 👍

Sorry about the Horn moments, I hurt my right hand/wrist yesterday so I was resting it on the straights and had been having a headache throughout the day, since horn is mapped to O on my wheel I must have rested on it, but only rarely when it actually engaged.

Doing some photos.

Last edited:
My R2 was ruined on L5 at Druids when Adam rammed me, and caused me to lose 5 places. :mad:

As for the end of R1, I was fed up of using my wheel. I had neither consistency nor pace.

There was lagging and Snow and you were side by side pushing each other and I was one that get bump out of track :(

Also don't know what happened with Jammy going off on the straight, I was right behind him but not touching him from where I was was. How odd.

GT6 just froze on me while doing photos, I was on my 5th one, but I did save all of them. Probably lost the last pic which was on the pit straight.

I had some stupid moments back there but nothing too serious, just a careless near-spin in Race 1. D:

Once we get to tracks that require less skill than this one, I should do better. :D

GT6 is very disappointing in terms of online and glitches, so many simple things don't work, the replay's freezing, freezing while taking photos. PD, just why?!

Also once I get to the replay I just need another 3 pictures.

GT6 is very disappointing in terms of online and glitches, so many simple things don't work, the replay's freezing, freezing while taking photos. PD, just why?!

Also once I get to the replay I just need another 3 pictures.

I tried to look at a replay from tonight and my PS3 crashed again. GT6 is a bit of a let down for me. Promises much but delivers little.

Here they are.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_1.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_2.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_3.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_4.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_5.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_6.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_7.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_8.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_9.jpg
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_10.jpg