FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,929 views
So if I put my Motec data from R2 at Rome together my ultimate lap (all best sectors together) would be a 1:06.1 :eek:
 
Schedule might be pushed back a week.. Family dinner apparently..
 
Anyone up for some testing today?
 
FRL V8 SUPERCARS RACE PREVIEW:

ROUND #3/4: RED BULL 300K @ RED BULL RING


@Yeratel84 @CAMikaze @cnd01 @The Stig Farmer @R0ssingt0n @raceorama123432 @R1600Turbo @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @SkengD @motoracer50 @Ninners @Andil @FlyingFox @chrisjohnson93 @Mini Stiggy

Happy new year all, saturday we restart our engines and head to Austria for Rounds 3/4! Welcoming @raceorama123432 to FAS replacing @SkengD , who has other commitments until the close season.



BMW M-POWER TRACK GUIDE:


TURN #1 (CASTROL EDGE):

Turn #1 is a high speed uphill approach, braking is quite simple, but taking the apex can be tricky with the high kerbs. The outer run-off area is not smooth, but exceptionally bumpy and low grip. It's perhaps the one corner where using run-off will actually slow you up.

a75bXpS.jpg



TURN #2 (REMUS):

A tough one this. The car really builds up speed and soon after coming through a high speed kink you slam on the brakes. The kerbing is even higher and the apex is extremely tight. A precise foot for throttle management and steady hand on the wheel for car control is important here.

V8o5usM.jpg



TURN #3 (SCHLOSSGOLD)

Toughest braking area on the track, as soon as you enter the braking zone the road drops away. As a result it is easy to get a false sense of security into thinking you braking later than you can, and you just carry on downwards off track rather than navigating the tightening right.

yxk8iSV.jpg


TURN #4 (AUDI ULTRA) / TURN #5 (LAUDA)

After a flat out kink, comes two very similar mid speed left handers, both with bumpy areas of kerbing on exit. Smoothness and control is key here to stringing a good lap together.

1nwhuv7.jpg


TURN #6.

A nameless S out of Lauda, in races cars will be running over the kerbs which have an unpredictable habit of spitting cars out into the massive gravel trap on the left side.

RWZiJof.jpg



TURN #7 (RINDT) / PIT ENTRY:

A bizarre pit entry. So you are concentrating on the racing line and braking for a tricky downhill right when a car pulls to the side and enters the pits, only to merge on the racing line! The pit line carries on after and is straight in the middle of the racing line. Might make for some close calls...

nUW6Pa1.jpg



TURN #8:

The final turn is awkward with camber, and again tightening on exit with masses of bumpy gripless run off and the wall coming out to the track. Note the aforementioned pit lane and its extreme move drivers right side from the turn before.

z8UYIC7.jpg



RE-START POINT:

3eBLM0S.jpg


Race restart point single file is green as well from start of the larger pit wall (just as the armco finishes, far right of shot here). From that point, leader may accelerate and racing may commence with immediate effect.
 
FRL V8 SUPERCARS RACE PREVIEW:

ROUND #3/4: RED BULL 300K @ RED BULL RING


@Yeratel84 @CAMikaze @cnd01 @The Stig Farmer @R0ssingt0n @raceorama123432 @R1600Turbo @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @SkengD @motoracer50 @Ninners @Andil @FlyingFox @chrisjohnson93 @Mini Stiggy

Happy new year all, saturday we restart our engines and head to Austria for Rounds 3/4! Welcoming @raceorama123432 to FAS replacing @SkengD , who has other commitments until the close season.



BMW M-POWER TRACK GUIDE:

TURN #7 (RINDT) / PIT ENTRY:

A bizarre pit entry. So you are concentrating on the racing line and braking for a tricky downhill right when a car pulls to the side and enters the pits, only to merge on the racing line! The pit line carries on after and is straight in the middle of the racing line. Might make for some close calls...

nUW6Pa1.jpg



TURN #8:

The final turn is awkward with camber, and again tightening on exit with masses of bumpy gripless run off and the wall coming out to the track. Note the aforementioned pit lane and its extreme move drivers right side from the turn before.

z8UYIC7.jpg

To try and avoid any unnecessary hassle, we should follow the F1 ruling for last year's race, where in case you're going to pit, you have to commit and stay to the right of the white line before T7. That way, any cars following you are immediately aware and able to avoid rear-ending you when you brake harder than usual for said turn...
 
To try and avoid any unnecessary hassle, we should follow the F1 ruling for last year's race, where in case you're going to pit, you have to commit and stay to the right of the white line before T7. That way, any cars following you are immediately aware and able to avoid rear-ending you when you brake harder than usual for said turn...

I would think that would be common sense myself as well, hopefully others see it that way 👍
 
I would think that would be common sense myself as well, hopefully others see it that way 👍

I'm not talking about common sense alone. If you enforce the need to stay to the inside of the white line when pitting (hence avoiding any sudden late dive into pits), we'll hopefully avoid having to depend on mics to warn others of pitting intentions... and to make sure you can always penalize those who don't follow this
 
I'm not talking about common sense alone. If you enforce the need to stay to the inside of the white line when pitting (hence avoiding any sudden late dive into pits), we'll hopefully avoid having to depend on mics to warn others of pitting intentions... and to make sure you can always penalize those who don't follow this
Why don't we just get CORE to sanction the series while we're at it?
 
I'm not talking about common sense alone. If you enforce the need to stay to the inside of the white line when pitting (hence avoiding any sudden late dive into pits), we'll hopefully avoid having to depend on mics to warn others of pitting intentions... and to make sure you can always penalize those who don't follow this
Why don't we just get CORE to sanction the series while we're at it?

I don't believe anybody is as thick as to not know how to make a pit entry.
 
Why don't we just get CORE to sanction the series while we're at it?

I don't believe anybody is as thick as to not know how to make a pit entry.

Jeez, am I making myself that hard to understand? :irked:

What I mean is not allowing the same pit entry manouvre that was used in the early 2000s in F1, where you just dove into the pits immediately after T7 (which forced you to go through said corner slower than usual)...
By forcing us to stay to the right of the white line means we're off the racing line prior to T7, showing our intention to pit before reaching the corner and allowing following cars to go around the outside through T7...
 
Jeez, am I making myself that hard to understand? :irked:

What I mean is not allowing the same pit entry manouvre that was used in the early 2000s in F1, where you just dove into the pits immediately after T7 (which forced you to go through said corner slower than usual)...

You get reset if you do that anyway.

No need to extra regulate things, it is pure common sense.
 
I understand what you're saying but I think that would cause issues too. You'd have to go slower on the inside of T7 and I feel like that'd create a bottleneck in a group of cars. If you dive in there's really only an issue if someone's on your inside exiting the turn.
 
I understand what you're saying but I think that would cause issues too. You'd have to go slower on the inside of T7 and I feel like that'd create a bottleneck in a group of cars. If you dive in there's really only an issue if someone's on your inside exiting the turn.

My point exactly. What if someone goes for the overtake not knowing you're going to pit?
 
My point exactly. What if someone goes for the overtake not knowing you're going to pit?
Then hopefully the pitting driver will see the other car and go around another lap.
 
I will be running in Skeng's place for FAS this weekend but using a HMV style paint scheme (black and pink) thanks to my most recent purchase there :D
 
High 1'30s are what I'm running in the Lexus as of right now, it's just got a basic tune on it. How does that fare amongst you V8 aliens?

Also, @motoracer50 may not want to race anymore. I'll ask him about it later.
 
High 1'30s are what I'm running in the Lexus as of right now, it's just got a basic tune on it. How does that fare amongst you V8 aliens?

Also, @motoracer50 may not want to race anymore. I'll ask him about it later.
Sounds right on.
 
High 1'30s are what I'm running in the Lexus as of right now, it's just got a basic tune on it. How does that fare amongst you V8 aliens?

Also, @motoracer50 may not want to race anymore. I'll ask him about it later.
That's my pace in the Lexus on the 200th tune I've tried.

Scratch that, make it mid to low 1:31's. :indiff:
 
Last edited:
That's my pace in the Lexus on the 200th tune I've tried.

Scratch that, make it mid to low 1:31's. :indiff:
Going to be closer than Rome I think.
 
The car is great so long as I don't over drive it. Hopefully this time I can avoid being in nearly every incident.
 
The car is great so long as I don't over drive it. Hopefully this time I can avoid being in nearly every incident.
More room, should see good green flag runs.
 
Back