FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,929 views
3rd, 3rd, 3rd and 3rd.

Getting bored of finishing 3rd :P
 
Checking replays, majority restarts were within rules but a couple jumped bad. Penalties to come.
 
My lap 11 start was a major jump, but I maintain that the incident was not my fault and also should've been a caution.
 
Was so happy I finally found some speed and nothing to show for it.

So ticked that I don't even feel like running my own series tomorrow morning. Just so done with anything right now.
 
Also Race 2 was probably the first time all season where I felt comfortable in the Merc. Mole was a bit too fast but the positive is that instead of being 0.5 off the pace pre season I was only 0.1 off his lap time at RBR.
 
Was so happy I finally found some speed and nothing to show for it.

So ticked that I don't even feel like running my own series tomorrow morning. Just so done with anything right now.
No way! Race 1 was a great lap time battle. I thought at the pit stop I had it easy (6.5s gap), but once it was down to 2.5s in the closing laps I was getting worried :scared: - I think if you had gotten clear of the group earlier in the race, you'd have won that, I couldn't push any more yet you were taking .5 out of me by the end.
 
Happy with 7th in the race that completed the car had too much understeer to be i held @Ninners and @Yeratel84 up after the restart as I struggled to get to grips with the car.
 
No way! Race 1 was a great lap time battle. I thought at the pit stop I had it easy (6.5s gap), but once it was down to 2.5s in the closing laps I was getting worried :scared: - I think if you had gotten clear of the group earlier in the race, you'd have won that, I couldn't push any more yet you were taking .5 out of me by the end.
Race 2's result basically erases anything good that happened with Race 1. In any case, if a couple of lapped cars had moved out of the way at the end of Race 1, I think it would have been much closer.
 
Pretty fun again today. Sorry to the guys in the first round for me hitting the G27's clutch instead of the brake :dopey:

Round 2 had some freaky restarts. I think I jumped 1 of them, but I slowed it back down only to be zoomed by from behind then caught up in a massive wreck. The problem with A1 is that turns 1 and 2 leave no room for error with the trampoline runoffs. There was nowhere for anyone to go causing the bottleneck crashes. I knew this would happen. I got taken out at least twice in round 2 in the melee. Unless Furi wants to punish literally 3/4 the field, I don't really see much point in making an example out of anyone
 
There was one.
 
@cnd01 Furi will DQ all those who played a part but only those who finished ahead of him :p.
 
3 drivers getting pts penalties it seems.
 
I'm curious as to how it's narrowed down to 3. I can name 6 including myself who would get one if I were making the rules
 
I was down in the low 30s and mid-high 29s in the last few laps.

On the restart thingy I think I may have done it once, but only because I following Lancer.
 
I did two consecutive 30.1s in round 1, but I never had clear track and fresh tires in round 2 to get a good lap. 30.4 was my pb I think
 
I was mid-high 30's from mid race onwards. Maybe I should run without a HUD more often :lol:
 
Penalties / actions:

@Furinkazen - warning for causing an avoidable crash and a jump start.
@LancerEvo7 - warning for causing an avoidable crash and a jump start.
@cnd01 - 30 second penalty (R2) for causing an avoidable crash and multiple jump starts.

@cnd01 drops to 4th in Race 2 behind @Ninners and @Yeratel84 as a result.
 
I was mid-high 30's from mid race onwards. Maybe I should run without a HUD more often :lol:
Hahaha! I remember Panoz saying that he was able to get 30 laps on a tank, so I knew I had enough room to make it. I was going to stay out especially if Nin pitted, but If he was staying out an pulling away, I would have come in for tires
 
Are there drop scores in this?
 
Checked the OP and don't see any mention of drop scores.
Yeah that's what I noticed but there better be or what's the point in racing really :p

Edit: Also while I'm whinging, looked at the schedule and the last race is scheduled for 14th Feb. Please can that race be moved? Obvious reasons. (@LancerEvo7's taking me for dinner)
 
Last edited:
Edit: Also while I'm whinging, looked at the schedule and the last race is scheduled for 14th Feb. Please can that race be moved? Obvious reasons. (@LancerEvo7's taking me for dinner)
But you're missing Fuji. Fuji sucks.
 
Back