FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,937 views
I was at your pathetic "IT'S A FIX" fit in Race #2.

I passed you on track, and in the end it didn't make any difference, so to me it died right there... but sometimes people don't know when to stop... :rolleyes:
 
I passed you on track, and in the end it didn't make any difference, so to me it died right there... but sometimes people don't know when to stop... :rolleyes:

Exactly could apply to you x10000. Anyhow @R1600Turbo as I said in PM, relax about things. I'll handle the nitty gritty.
 
I passed you on track, and in the end it didn't make any difference, so to me it died right there... but sometimes people don't know when to stop... :rolleyes:

I was passed by 3 cars under caution at Rome. I mentioned it once but did not go on and on about it.
 
I was passed by 3 cars under caution at Rome. I mentioned it once but did not go on and on about it.

Also I will add I only threw that yellow Yera mentions when I noticed Chuck recovering. The actual racing was good, packs of cars fighting and very pleased. Just shame about the stop start first third of R2.

Still Motegi next...
 
Has there ever been an FRL series with multiple cars where nobody has complained about cars being OP?

In Indycars and now this series yellow flag cautions seem to just cause trouble
 
Has there ever been an FRL series with multiple cars where nobody has complained about cars being OP?

In Indycars and now this series yellow flag cautions seem to just cause trouble

Only caused trouble because of 4 at start with people mucking up restarts (myself included).

Note that all cars are dead on even, probably best BoP we've had in a series in ages. Best drivers are rising to the top and in all honesty this has had best racing i've been part of for the past six months 👍
 
I'll just but-in with my opinion on FCY's and say it promotes risky overtakes and poor driving. I've noticed in the few races I've done with Safety Cars that there's hardly a green flag run because we were all too busy stepping on each other trying to be nosy on the restarts. I'm not trying to start a debate, it's @Furinkazen's series and we can either deal with it or don't race at all.

Look forward to some "spy shots" later this week if things go well. ;)
 
I think the reason there were so many cautions last night because the first turn was a hairpin, thus providing dive bomb central
 
Yup some braked really late for no reason... They probably forgot this was a restart and the tyres were not up to full temp yet.
 
Just the nature of the track I think, needs full co-operation from drivers heading into T1 or T2 when side by side. Should be better at Motegi.

Was scared in middle of R2 about another SC, had built up a 15sec lead and was dreading the chat box to appear.. thankfully it never did.

PS - @Furinkazen, drop scores..?
 
The T1 is nearly impossible to pass at cleanly. I gave way to several people because some don't seem to have patience. I had a great battle with Fox and Panoz because I spent several laps trying to pass them, opposed to just throwing it up the inside when I got there
 
The T1 is nearly impossible to pass at cleanly. I gave way to several people because some don't seem to have patience. I had a great battle with Fox and Panoz because I spent several laps trying to pass them, opposed to just throwing it up the inside when I got there

Yes I had some great battles with Rob and Kammi but you're right some drivers just threw it up the inside and hoped for the best.
 
The T1 is nearly impossible to pass at cleanly. I gave way to several people because some don't seem to have patience. I had a great battle with Fox and Panoz because I spent several laps trying to pass them, opposed to just throwing it up the inside when I got there

Exactly this^

"ToCA style" moves are an instant sign of an immature, low quality driver. They especially don't work when heavy damage is on. The reason you see these moves more in ToCA is because there is fewer laps so people are more desperate to overtake. But in this series and WSC if you give another car damage you can effectively ruin their race. No fun :grumpy:.
 
I enjoyed the battles in the pack in Race 2. Something I had been missing for quite a while 👍
 
I'll just but-in with my opinion on FCY's and say it promotes risky overtakes and poor driving. I've noticed in the few races I've done with Safety Cars that there's hardly a green flag run because we were all too busy stepping on each other trying to be nosy on the restarts. I'm not trying to start a debate, it's @Furinkazen's series and we can either deal with it or don't race at all.

Look forward to some "spy shots" later this week if things go well. ;)

Whitetail, at Rome, which we expected to be crash fest central we had I think... 8 cautions laps out of 88 laps of racing. Yesterday was an anomaly due to carelessness.

Lets get this straight. Restarts - don't try to "jump" the leader, when he goes, you go. If you went before the leader it was pretty clearly a jump.

@Siggers divebombs aren't tolerable, ToCA included.


The reason I do this is for fun. I get more satisfaction from having a good battle and finishing 8th than divebombing and finishing 6th

Yeah, a yellow saved me after two lots of damage and a drive through, and I scraped a top 8 out of the thing, was fun with you and @chrisjohnson93 👍

I enjoyed the battles in the pack in Race 2. Something I had been missing for quite a while 👍

Glad to know you remember your overtaking ;)

Also to Mr Negative, you know who you are. It's getting annoying feeding on it in the background.
 
I'll just but-in with my opinion on FCY's and say it promotes risky overtakes and poor driving. I've noticed in the few races I've done with Safety Cars that there's hardly a green flag run because we were all too busy stepping on each other trying to be nosy on the restarts.
Race 1 was fine, we had just 1 caution I believe at the very first lap, but Race 2 we had a start incident then we had 2 laps of racing before another was brought out and we just had a caution coming out every time we started racing until around lap 14 ish where we finally got a run going to the flag.
 
@Siggers divebombs aren't tolerable, ToCA included.
Well then lets actually come to agreements on stewarding in S13. 👍

Race 1 was fine, we had just 1 caution I believe at the very first lap, but Race 2 we had a start incident then we had 2 laps of racing before another was brought out and we just had a caution coming out every time we started racing until around lap 14 ish where we finally got a run going to the flag.

In race 2 my first lap at full racing speed was on lap 14. :lol:

And we only got that run going because another crash that should've been called wasn't.
 
Race one was awesome, was high-ish in the pack, even led a lap. Race two was horrible. Got screwed over by Furi's "setting an example" among other things.
 
I remember there was 1 restart where I got a hit up the back for some reason when racing R1600. What happened there?
 
All I remember from the restarts was that maybe from my "silly" swerving (as some people called it in the past :p), meant I had the tyres warm enough to be able to exit T1 with enough grip to actually make good runs to T2 (obviously I mean those restarts where I managed to avoid getting damage). That and the fact I always remembered to take into account you can't start braking in your normal point with so many cars in front of you...
 
Three restarts in a row and I messed up my exit of T2 and held people up, it was awful
 
Only caused trouble because of 4 at start with people mucking up restarts (myself included).

Note that all cars are dead on even, probably best BoP we've had in a series in ages. Best drivers are rising to the top and in all honesty this has had best racing i've been part of for the past six months 👍
I'd say it's the best for any FRL series I've taken part in. That's why I'm really putting somewhat of an effort in even though I know I'm missing enough rounds to have zero shot at the title
 
I'd say it's the best for any FRL series I've taken part in. That's why I'm really putting somewhat of an effort in even though I know I'm missing enough rounds to have zero shot at the title

Due to amount of people missing rounds, 1 of the double header races can be dropped :) @Andil
 
Back