FRL ~ WSC XI - FERRARI TRIUMPH IN THE CLOSEST LE MANS FINISH EVER!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 153 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
XI.jpg

Hall Of Fame - in progress

RULES, REGULATIONS, CAR LISTINGS, RACE SCHEDULE & TIMES IN ATTACHED PDF

Attachments

• WSC XI Handbook v2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Good run testing tonight. 3 spots in Prototype and multiple GT open. Back on GT6 this was probably the most respectful yet hard-fought series out there, anything other than a full grid at Laguna would be doing it a disservice.

I have 3 Sunday slots where I have the following Monday off allowing me to potentially race some events.

Street-King-07 / #10 / DeTomaso Pantera / Ferrari 365 GTB-4

Will only be able to race Suzuka, Nurburgring and Le Mans since they fall on good dates.

I have 3 Sunday slots where I have the following Monday off allowing me to potentially race some events.

Street-King-07 / #10 / DeTomaso Pantera / Ferrari 365 GTB-4

Will only be able to race Suzuka, Nurburgring and Le Mans since they fall on good dates.

Welcome aboard.

DownhillDinosaur / #23 / Lancia Stratos / Alpine A110

Number 62 if 23 is taken. Also I'm having a hard time finding the required 'GT' sticker, as well as the number font if we're using that and not the game's racing numbers. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

DownhillDinosaur / #23 / Lancia Stratos / Alpine A110

Number 62 if 23 is taken. Also I'm having a hard time finding the required 'GT' sticker, as well as the number font if we're using that and not the game's racing numbers. Mind pointing me in the right direction?
On @LancerEvo7 profile, TheOriginalJonT. I'll have them also uploaded on mine tonight.

I'll be attending, maybe I'll miss race or two, depending on my shifts, but I'll try to be there... still need to choose what car and No to use. But count me in :)

Edit:

Warlock__SRB / #33 / Toyota 2000GT / DeTomaso Pantera
(car No is not locked to the car, so either of those two, I'll change in liveries No)

8502898426982204432_23.jpg

8223674083249784368_23.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be attending, maybe I'll miss race or two, depending on my shifts, but I'll try to be there... still need to choose what car and No to use. But count me in :)

Edit:

Warlock__SRB / #21 or #33 / Toyota 2000GT / DeTomaso Pantera
(car No is not locked to the car, so either of those two, I'll change in liveries No)

8502898426982204432_23.jpg

8223674083249784368_23.jpg

Welcome back mate. Testing tonight from approx 7:30pm GMT at Sardinia and Brands GP.
unknown.png

DK
I'm going for the Toyota.
The 20+km/h straight line deficit is giving me second thoughts. There's just no way fuel economy is going to make up the gap, I was 4s off the pace around Brands and 7s off at Sardegna.

Also, Sardegna reverse at 7am is bad and you should feel bad.

DK
The 20+km/h straight line deficit is giving me second thoughts. There's just no way fuel economy is going to make up the gap, I was 4s off the pace around Brands and 7s off at Sardegna.
The Toyota isn't the slow car in terms of speed. Its fuel economy and speed get balanced out by its less than average handling. The entire GT class at La Sarthe is spread by 20 km/h with the Toyota being at the top of that speed bracket, so I do not believe you're that slow without something wrong with the set up of the car itself.

DK

Also, Sardegna reverse at 7am is bad and you should feel bad.
Give the Toyota another try. Have gone back and adjusted the spec on it after Furi explained how bad it was compared to the Corvette. Power now sits at 156%, no change to weight.

FRL_WSC_XI_CHEV_CAMARO_Z28.jpg

I hope this livery is all right it's a replica of Bob Jane's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 exactly as it was when it ran in the Australian Touring Car Championship

Might as well sign up for just the hell of it. Probably won't be able to make many races, but I'll be able to do at least 2.

GTP_GTRacer22 / #22 / Chevrolet Corvette C3 / Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

TONIGHT, TONIGHT... THUNDER @ LAGUNA SECA!

Our final pre-season test before we kick off in a weeks time at Laguna Seca. Whether you're still unsure what car to pick or how many races you can run, or planning a full-on title assault - tonight is a valuable opportunity for track-time with a (hopefully) near full grid of drivers!

Firstly - the WSC XI HANDBOOK has been updated in OP with varying design adjustments, BoP increase for GT Toyota, addition of race times, a change of name for the Nurburgring event, and a couple other tweaks.

Second - entry list at moment.
unknown.png

@Niop @rex1825 in particular need car choice confirmations at some-point. Remember maximum 2 full-time entries per each car.

Tonight's format:

7pm GMT - Room opens.
8pm GMT - 2 lap session. Single lap photoshoot and we'll do a practise rolling start.
Rest of evening - Room continues.

I do ask however, would you like the room at same time of day as next weeks race session or does it not matter as much to you?

Hopefully see you tonight!
~Furi

Same time of day as the race would be preferable. I'll be using tonight to get some practice in with passing GT cars.

Back