FUN CHRISTMAS Shifter Karts - 21st, 23rd, 28th, 30th Dec 20:30-21:30 GMT - ALL Welcome !!!Finished 

Sick_Cylinder
Christmas Poster 1.jpg

Join us over the Festive Season for Christmas Shifter Kart Fun

20:30 - 21:30 GMT, 10 minute races

Streets of Willow - 21st and 23rd December

Streets of London - 28th and 30th December

No need to be a club member - Open to all!

Get there early - first come first served!

No need to own a Shifter Kart - the room will supply one - they are loaners!

Try your best to drive clean and fair, but above all have FUN !!!

If you like racing with us join "Sick's Race Room" (Club 1000875) and join one or both of the following great series which start January 4th and 6th 2017:

Last edited:
If you want to join the "Sick's Race Room" regulars for some Christmas Shifter Kart Fun, form an orderly queue here - please leave your name below !!!

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder - tomorrow we have 10 minute fun races for Christmas Shifter Karts - note you don't need a club invite for this event - its public. You also don't need a kart as they are provided by the game as loaners.

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder - tonight we have 10 minute fun races for Christmas Shifter Karts - note you don't need a club invite for this event - its public. You also don't need a kart as they are provided by the game as loaners.
Aren't 10 Minute fun races tommorrow? Is because today is day 20th and tommorrow it is December 21st.

Just a quick reminder - tonight (Wednesday) we have 10 minute fun races for Christmas Shifter Karts - note you don't need a club invite for this event - its public. You also don't need a kart as they are provided by the game as loaners.

Great racing everyone, if only we could smell the two stroke:D

When I look at how detailed the karts are I swear that I can smell the two stroke :D

Fun races tonight! A very different experience, the lack of suspension made it difficult when you hit the bumps or the curbs! It was a fun challenge to keep that in mind while searching for the optimal lines.

For the last race the bottom part of my HUD glitched away, so I couldn't see the speed or which gear I was in. The RPM was displayed in the "cockpit" but it was tricky to read while keeping an eye on the road so for most of the time I had to go by the engine sound and try to identify the redline. Was a bit late on some shifts because of that, but it wasn't too bad.

Here's some info about Walter Kaaden MZ and there go faster secrets.
He turned the humble 2 stoke into, race winning machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Kaaden

Ernst Degner was the, MZ top rider, who brought the MZ secrets, when he defected to the West, from East Germany.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2012/december/de1712-the-ernst-degner-story/

John (and everyone) If you haven't read the brilliant book by Mat Oxley - "Stealing Speed" - you should do as soon as possible! He tells the story of two stroke genius Walter Kaaden and his star rider Ernst Degner and how the latter defected from East Germany taking the secrets to Suzuki and bringing them world title glory. It's gripping stuff - Degner's wife and children were gassed with anaesthetic so that they could be smuggled across the border hidden in a secret compartment in the boot of an American car. Degner started his defection by retiring from a race with a "seized engine" so that he could escape his "bodyguards" who followed him everywhere and were waiting in the pits. He was then smuggled out of the circuit to be reunited with his family and a new life. I got the book for Christmas when it was just a few pounds, but at the moment it is out of print and fetching silly money.

9781844259755.jpg

Christmas Shifter Kart Results

Don't forget to join us tonight (Friday) from 20:30-21:30 GMT for Christmas Shifter Karts from "Streets of Willow" - a series of short 10 minute races.

Results:

Pimiki 1, 2, 2, 2
Eran 2, 3, 1, 1
Lex Lathor 3, 1, 3, 3
Sick Cylinder 4, 4, 4, 4
John Wells 5, 5, 5, 5
Maximusmonster 6, 6. 6. 6

It was lovely to see Lex Lathor out on track again after a long absence from GT6!

Christmas Shifter Kart Results

Don't forget to join us on Wednesday from 20:30-21:30 GMT for Christmas Shifter Karts from "Streets of London" - a series of short 10 minute races.

Results:

Jammy 1, 1, 2
Pimiki 2, 2, 1
Lex Lathor -, 3, 3
Drkdglr -, 4, -
Zolon 3, 5, 5
Sutsagrd 5, 6, 7
Sick Cylinder 4, 7, 4
Harsk -, 8, -
Maximusmonster 7, 9, 8
Tarnheld 6, 10, 6
Maxx Pain -, -, 9

The man of the meeting was Jammy with two wins and a second place from the three races!

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Join us for more festive karting fun on the 28th and 30th December when we swap from the sun baked "Streets of Willow" to the chilly "Streets of London" - All Welcome !!!

Back