Fun Stuff To Do

• Thread starter CowboyPaul
  • 8 comments
I have played GT1 and GT3 for both platforms. I know there are fun things to do in GT3, but what about GT1? Any ideas post 'em here.

"The highest cost of livin's dyin' that's one everybody pays"

well gt1 was the first to kick off the gran turismo saga so try to buy every car in gt1 ill eventually get there i have about 100 cars and over 100 million literally in my cars

Try the Normal Series with successivlely weaker cars. Get comfortable winning it with an NSX Type S Zero, and then progress to weaker cars--the strongest "Normal" (stock, unmodified) cars from each manufacturer, and then even weaker ones. [Note: the Normal Series is decidedly easier if the AI NSX does not show up; if a car beats the TRD only, that's different from beating the NSX ]

Try the Gran Turismo Cup (the alleged hard-tuned event in Gran Turismo League) with weak cars such as the Eunos Roadsters or the Demios or Civic del Sols.

Try the actual Hard-Tuned Series Special Event with an assortment of cars--try for ones which don't totally overpower the field. E.g. try an FC RX-7 or a non-turbo Supra. (e.g. SZ-R). I used to find the 180SX '94 Type X a good yardstick to help me remember how to drive that series, although now I think I need to find a slightly weaker yardstick...

Oh yes...

How could I forget...

Finish Simulation Mode in 100 game days.

If you take one day per license test, and enter each simulation event only once, you can get it done in 100 days (ending up on day 101). (This ignores the Spot Races which don't have a trophy on their display to indicate whether you have done them or not).

I have done this, with the added restriction of using only one particular manufacturer as much as is possible, for each of the six Japanese manufacturers except Subaru (i.e. all the manufacturers that offer starter cars).

(Hmm... Technically I don't think I've done it for Honda either, although the Civic 3dr '93 si is one of the most effective starter cars. Actually getting enough money for an appropriate NSX to win the Normal could be trickier than with other manufacturers--especially if you add the restriction of not selling prize cars).

The NSX is like a god damn beach ball. Go on the Test Course Banking. You'll see what im talking about.

Try modding some of heavy cars for massive amounts of power. The Toyota Chaser, Mark II; Mitsu Galant VR-4, Cosmo Type-E, etc. This is what I played around with a few weeks back, and it was fun tyrying to keep these heavy understeering-to-oversteering cars in line.

And the aracde races can be quite tricky. Stick to one make for your A-B-C class cars and see how well you do.

Heres an idea.
Max the GTO out, go to the Test Course.
As you come into the SECOND turn, e-brake it into the wall.
240+mph and a big WHACK causes a HIGH flying GTO.
See if you can land 4 spins. =D

Back