Funny/Strange News Stories

Balloon Man and the girl who cries cotton tears.

balloon-man-640x367.jpg

Credit: Cuarto Poder

cotton-tears.jpg

Credit: Nayi Duniya

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/09/a-real-balloon-man-and-the-girl-who-cries-cotton-tears/

...I would've put that dog down the moment it saw you as a midnight snack. Some people, I just can't quite "get" what they are thinking.

Yes, I'm not a pet owner. Never have been, nor will I ever be.

....Oiii, a double post?! How shameless.

Even if you're not a fan of Boxing, you gotta feel somethin' at this bit of news.

Billy Joe Saunder's son punches opponent Willie Monroe Jr at Weigh-In, BBC.

Watch the video. What an ambitious little tyke he is.

Sorry for the double post but this breaking news just came in on my Facebook timeline:

Fortunately Debbie got in touch with the deceased bully in the spirit world who reassured Terri that her alcoholism was to blame and not the Ex-Lax. I know you were all wondering...

Last edited:
Paddy Power offers 66/1 odds on 44-year old, ex-Villa player Ugo Ehiogu taking over as manager of arch-rivals Birmingham City.

Only Ehiogu died in April...

Last edited:
...:odd:

Colorado police hunt "Mad Pooper" jogger, BBC.

A snippet from the article:
Lt Howard Black told the BBC the suspect could be charged under a city ordinance banning public urination or defecation.

"I haven't come across anything like this in 35 years with the police department," he added

A Nigel-less 2016. Shame, ish. BBC.

Thank you Mr. Anderson. I think most of us did get it though the odd mind seems to have over-thought the possibilities presented at face value; your post settled the reality.

A jest (noun: a thing said or done for amusement) works just as well in that sentence, especially as @Grayfox was introducing pictures of a foot partially eaten by a dog as a humourous item. I accept on a second reading that @daan is very likely right but there you go.

A jest (noun: a thing said or done for amusement) works just as well in that sentence, especially as @Grayfox was introducing pictures of a foot partially eaten by a dog as a humourous item. I accept on a second reading that @daan is very likely right but there you go.

...I just typed my name into the provided "How Popular Is Your Name" thingymajigy, and the result concerns me a wee bit - there were 3 girls born in the UK named James. 3. What the.....:boggled:

The gist of the joke in it was in the disposition of the preposition, eh? :dopey:

...Oh boy. BBC just hit me with these weird and funny news articles. I shall be a generous human being and share them with you all.

1. Saudi textbook features an image of Yoda & King Faisal, BBC.

2. Bumbling rozzers tweet "80-year ban" for a dangerous driver, BBC.

Back