Funny/Strange News Stories

How did they get the photo? Presumably the maintenance man either took the photo or replaced the box to demonstrate.

[whoops: the tweeter gets really annoyed when you start asking questions like that judging by the comments]

I guess they could've ordered some groceries from amazon if they got hungry so that the delivery man would come back ho ho.

This sentence cracked me up...

BBC News
"I was starting to grow concerned, so I called the fire brigade and once they had composed themselves, they set to work removing her from the window."

Echoes of the apocryphal tale of the man whose wife cleaned the toilet bowl with paraffin who lights a fag and chucks it in the bowl before sitting down, then the ambulancemen are laughing so hard they drop his stretcher down the stairs.

Glad this story had a happy ending anyway. Like a gentleman Mr Smith is preserving his date's anonymity but if they get married then everyone'll know she's the phantom poo-flinger. :lol:

DK
Needs more Pidgin.

Me am try!!!

MoggPidgin.JPG

More outrage than harm, but that reminded me of a very awkward moment of that sort.
Every year, there's in France a huge week-end long and cross TV channels donation live program. This is in favor of people suffering myopathie, and the public on the live show is largely made of people in wheelchairs. Then come a young child band, and the singer desperately asking the public to stand up... "Tout le monde debout ! Levez-vous ! ... Levez-vous"

If true (and Sun "exclusives" have a shaky reputation at best) this has to be a Darwin Awards story in the making.

---

[Despite the censored language the story I posted here concerning Douglas Bader appears to have been too rude for GTPlanet so has been excised in its entirety by a moderator. Sorry.]

*[EDIT] A little research indeed reveals this story to be more faker than Fokker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Boardman#Controversies

Last edited:
Actually that's an old joke; I'd first heard it long before the eighties. I suspect it was already making the rounds in the early forties.

....Not sure if this news qualifies for a spot here, but nevertheless, I found it rather incredulous, so here it is.

"Philippine lawmakers set aside a budget of 15 quid for its Human Rights commission." BBC.

Someone posted a meme of Duterte over yonder at "Political Cartoon thread" about the letter H in his name standing for Human Rights. His name doesn't have a H in it. Well, there you go.

Latest Posts

Back