Funny/Strange News Stories

Buffalo Police Department, Minnesota
9 hrs ·
NEWS RELEASE REGARDING CRASH ON 03/21/2018****
At approximately 2:00 PM on 03/21/2018 the Buffalo Police Department responded to report of a motor vehicle crashing into a building in the 10 block of 1st Ave S. Investigation into the incident revealed that a 17 year old female from Monticello, MN, was in the process of taking her road test at the driver's license exam station located there when she inadvertently put the vehicle in drive instead of reverse. This led to the vehicle lurching forward when she accelerated, causing the vehicle to move forward and over the curb, striking the building housing the exam station office. The impact caused significant damage to the vehicle and building. The license examiner, a 60 year old female from Buffalo, MN, was transported by ambulance to the Buffalo Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The 17 year old driver was not injured and no one in the building was injured. No charges are pending.

opelgt1969
Investigation into the incident revealed that a 17 year old female from Monticello, MN, was in the process of taking her road test at the driver's license exam station located there when she inadvertently put the vehicle in drive instead of reverse. This led to the vehicle lurching forward when she accelerated, causing the vehicle to move forward and over the curb, striking the building housing the exam station office.

I guess that's a fail then?...

Buffalo Police Department, Minnesota
9 hrs ·
NEWS RELEASE REGARDING CRASH ON 03/21/2018****
At approximately 2:00 PM on 03/21/2018 the Buffalo Police Department responded to report of a motor vehicle crashing into a building in the 10 block of 1st Ave S. Investigation into the incident revealed that a 17 year old female from Monticello, MN, was in the process of taking her road test at the driver's license exam station located there when she inadvertently put the vehicle in drive instead of reverse. This led to the vehicle lurching forward when she accelerated, causing the vehicle to move forward and over the curb, striking the building housing the exam station office. The impact caused significant damage to the vehicle and building. The license examiner, a 60 year old female from Buffalo, MN, was transported by ambulance to the Buffalo Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The 17 year old driver was not injured and no one in the building was injured. No charges are pending.

Someone had better call Jim...

British passports to be made in France after Brexit :lol:

For some unfathomable reason, certain portions of the UK population feel really strongly over what colour the outer cover of their passports is. The venn diagram showing 'those who feel strongly about having a 'blue' passport cover' and 'those who voted for brexit' has a very sizeable overlap i imagine. The uproar that this news will create is hilarious.
According to the Financial Times the passports are going to be manufactured by Gemalto at their facilities in Fareham and Heywood. The irony is delicious though. The Daily Mail have gone to town on their headline.

DY7_Skh_RX0_AINO6s.jpg

The UK (because the passport isn't just for Britain itself) has always been able to choose the colour of its passports (EU or no EU) so it's hard to tell why this has become an issue during Brexit.
That's correct, which makes the following statement made in the commons appear to be a flat out lie.
Hansard
The Prime Minister
I am sure that my hon. Friend is aware that the competition will be open and fair. I cannot comment on individual bids, but I am sure that he will make his voice heard. It is right that from autumn 2019 we will issue new blue and gold passports, which have always been the UK’s colours of choice for our passports. It is absolutely right that after we leave the European Union, we return to deciding the colour of passports that we want, not that the European Union wants.
Emphasis mine.

What the heck? Our officer killed a robber, thereby we charge all the other robbers with murder. It's terrible that they were being thugs but that is so completely backwards.

One for all and all for one.

Shame that this accomplice law doesn't work the other way around.

One for all and all for one.

Shame that this accomplice law doesn't work the other way around.

Way beyond "funny", definitely "strange"... they didn't kill anyone. I'm not saying the police response was disproportionate (at face value it wasn't) but I'm not sure how it can be right that the robbers were charged with the death.

Way beyond "funny", definitely "strange"... they didn't kill anyone. I'm not saying the police response was disproportionate (at face value it wasn't) but I'm not sure how it can be right that the robbers were charged with the death.
There's a case that's just been posted in the Guns thread in which the getaway driver sitting outside in her vehicle was charged with three counts of first degree murder after the homeowner killed her three accomplices, so this doesn't seem to be peculiar to Alabama law. I wonder whether other countries have similar accomplice laws.

Last edited:
Certainly in other states too.

Reading that article, am I the only one who thinks this is close to barbarian due to the plea deal system it even feels like right to a fair trial isn't provided as they kind of bribe you into pleading guilty?

The guy who was charged with murder of his wife? :embarrassed: mindbogling it really makes me mad, he has to live with that for the rest of his life and on top of that they try to make his live even worse? :@

If you support this it looks to me like justice is not important, they just want a scapegoat so the victims have someone to be mad at... If yoy disagree with thay pleade do explain your perspective as I don't get it :P

Louisiana state senate approves law banning sex with animals by 25 votes to 10.

Really? 10 senators, all Republicans, don't want to ban sex with animals... :lol:
It's because they did the thing - that I still don't understand about US law - where they added a rider to the bill that excluded anal sex between humans from the definition of "unnatural carnal copulation" from Louisiana Code 14:89 dealing with "crimes against nature":
“The unnatural carnal copulation by a human being with another of the same sex or opposite sex, except that anal sexual intercourse between two human beings shall not be deemed as a crime against nature when done under any of the circumstances described in R.S. 14:41, 42, 42.1 or 43.”
Bible Belt Republicans aren't down with the butt sex, because that's a bit gay.

Back