Funny/Strange News Stories

Okay, that sounds pretty good. I'm also a big proponent of offal consumption. I'll admit I'm not particularly fond of peas on a plate, though I do absolutely love peas.

Last edited:
Okay, that sounds pretty good. I'm also a big proponent of offal consumption. I'll admit I'm not particularly fond of peas on a plate, though I do absolutely love peas.
Blood sausage is pretty big over here as a breakfast food (even though it's basically just a giant scab) along with the steak and kidney pie I mentioned in the Britain thread. Not quite viscera-related but when I was a kid in Staffordshire I used to be pretty fond of something called brawn until I found out what was in it.

Blood sausage is pretty big over here as a breakfast food (even though it's basically just a giant scab) along with the steak and kidney pie I mentioned in the Britain thread. Not quite viscera-related but when I was a kid in Staffordshire I used to be pretty fond of something called brawn until I found out what was in it.
I've had both blood sausage and steak and kidney pie, both of which I had on a trip over there. There was nothing particularly off-putting about them, but I didn't really enjoy them. Korean blood sausage is awesome, though.

I haven't had brawn, or what was explicitly called brawn, but I've had and enjoy head cheese.

I've also had haggis, and it was actually the presence of oats in that preparation that made it unappealing to me rather than the organs and encasement.

I don't know what a Black Country Faggot is, but it's wrapped in bacon so, therefore, must be good.

The name of English dishes always makes me laugh though since a handful of them do not translate to American English very well. I had to explain to my wife what Spotted Dick Pudding was when I ordered it at a restaurant. The look she gave me was priceless. Growing up with a British/Canadian grandma and a Scottish grandpa, I was always pretty accustomed to that stuff.

And the irony of it all is that Metallica is one of the original reasons why the DMCA is wielded like a massive sledgehammer now.
That music industry vs. Napster sketch on SNL with Conan O'Brien as Richard Fairbrass of Right Said Fred was ****ing hilarious.

Last edited:
As an ex-teacher I know that staff-room rants about particular parents are par for the course*, but I couldn't imagine streaming those criticisms online. Oops... entire board of a Californian school resigns.

* An essential part of stress management, actually, particularly with those who are waiting at your classroom door every morning. **** off the lot of you.

Last year a gender reveal explosion caused a fire in Southern California. This year, someone finally died from a faulty gender reveal device:

As an ex-teacher I know that staff-room rants about particular parents are par for the course*
* An essential part of stress management, actually, particularly with those who are waiting at your classroom door every morning. **** off the lot of you.

I can totally understand - you should hear what customer support teams say when the phones are off...

This pretty much reads like people are now straight up making bombs.

It's our right to defend ourselves against pastel colors which might interfere with pink and/or light blue onsies. Can you imagine a world with green, yellow, or even earth-tone choices? Soon people will want an entire spectrum of color and this opens the door to the infrared and ultraviolet, so we need to defend ourselves with explosive gender reveals to prevent future one-way trips to the customer service desk! You should too unless you want your Queen telling you to just rationally tell folks before the baby shower with something archaic such as a Facebook post or a telephone conversation.

Anyhow, this getting stupidly out of hand and probably won't subside because some people are just out of whack with their need for attention.

Last edited:
Oi, 'Enry, No!

fb.jpg

At least it looks breezy up there. I'm kind of blaming the Instagram "I gotta take cool pictures no matter what" craze on this one.

Back