Funny/Strange News Stories

Amazon changes app logo due to unfortunate likeness.

_117346142_hitler.jpg

Change or not, I do not really understand why the blue part needed to be included.

Maybe, but it is not even close to that color of blue. The brown with smile logo would just as easily get the point across.
It's a smile? I thought it was meant to be an arrow pointing from "a" to "z" but I guess there's no accounting for pareidolia.

Amazon logo.png

Last edited:
Since I do not use the amazon app, and i first heard about this in the news
They showed both icons side by side and when I saw the icon I did not think HITLER straight away.

Only after reading the article did I kinda see Hitler and I use the word kinda very loosely.

Since I do not use the amazon app, and i first heard about this in the news
They showed both icons side by side and when I saw the icon I did not think HITLER straight away.

Only after reading the article did I kinda see Hitler and I use the word kinda very loosely.

I think the Hitler interpretation is quite a stretch; I never would have seen it on my own either.

I think it's an example of how far people will go out of their way to be offended.

I think it's an example of how far people will go out of their way to be offended.

I'm not sure people are as 'offended' as you think, but how are people supposed to see it? We're all used to seeing the mouth talking so it was presumably always meant to be a moustache. And why wouldn't companies avoid using something perceived as Hitlerian in a continent that he ripped apart?

I hope the departing money man managed to secure alternative employment and isn't on his uppers.

Last edited:
Back