Funny/Strange News Stories

That driver didn't bring home the bacon. If he's not lucky, his job's likely to be for the chop. Especially if any drivers whose cars may have been damaged by flying pigs are of a mind to sooey sue the haulage company.
You're quite the ham.

Bolton woman (it's a place, not an accessory) can't leave house over Covid fears.

That took me a couple of seconds to process. :D

[EDIT] Someone pointed out that hairstyle-wise they look like they've stepped off a Gerry Anderson production.

Ufo-490071.jpg

Last edited:

I wish they'd carried on filming their miserable faces after they fished them out of the water but there are probably laws against doing that.

Last edited:
@TexRex I quite like Ken's name in the screenshot of his tweet to Matt Gaetz. I'm not sure if he changed it after the tweet for the screenshot or beforehand and Matt just didn't see it or whoever looks after his social media. :D

I thought HIPAA only applied to health professionals and not members of the public?
I'm given to understand it does, but HIPPA applies to anyone at any time as deemed necessary by the aggrieved, particularly as it relates to private businesses requiring masks or expecting employees/patrons to be vaccinated.

I'm given to understand it does, but HIPPA applies to anyone at any time as deemed necessary by the aggrieved, particularly as it relates to private businesses requiring masks or expecting employees/patrons to be vaccinated.
Just FYI, HIPAA has two 'A's, not two 'P's.

I'm not an expert on HIPAA but from my understanding, the privacy rules apply to 'covered entities,' which include health care providers, health plans, and other related services. Not to random citizens filming something.

I'm also not sure what health information would be revealed by such a video.

There may be laws protecting their privacy but I don't think HIPAA is it.

Just FYI, HIPAA has two 'A's, not two 'P's.

I'm not an expert on HIPAA but from my understanding, the privacy rules apply to 'covered entities,' which include health care providers, health plans, and other related services. Not to random citizens filming something.

I'm also not sure what health information would be revealed by such a video.

There may be laws protecting their privacy but I don't think HIPAA is it.
It was an attempt at humor. It was based on individuals unfamiliar with the law invoking it incorrectly, often right down to the number of Ps and As.

:)

Back