Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, just started playing again since I have access to a PS2 for a few days... What a ****ing grind. Just started and picked the S14 and Osaka.

Terrible idea. It's basically a top speed battle and engine- hell any upgrade is expensive. Especially when your making 700cp a race.

+edit Started a new game at Osaka with the FTO... The course is even smaller. Tokyo seems like it would have been the best choice after all.

Win combos help A LOT with a hurt wallet, especially if you end up beating a lot of team leaders later in the combo. Tire wear actually exists though, so generally any attempts at a win past 20 or so will be risky.

Sticking with just one car helps a lot in the long run, but you need to pick the right cars if you're not willing to do the mileage trick (or, if you're unlucky like me, your disc is so scratched that it's impossible to do). Engine swaps are earned at like 1242 miles or something dumb, and even with me getting badly stuck on some Stage 1 bosses, I only had around 700-800 miles on my starter FC-generation Mazda RX-7.

You're right that SB01/TXR3 is very much a power battle, which is why engine swaps are so freaking powerful, especially in mid-to-lategame when even lowly mooks are packing GT-Rs and Supras.

Win combos help A LOT with a hurt wallet, especially if you end up beating a lot of team leaders later in the combo. Tire wear actually exists though, so generally any attempts at a win past 20 or so will be risky.

Sticking with just one car helps a lot in the long run, but you need to pick the right cars if you're not willing to do the mileage trick (or, if you're unlucky like me, your disc is so scratched that it's impossible to do). Engine swaps are earned at like 1242 miles or something dumb, and even with me getting badly stuck on some Stage 1 bosses, I only had around 700-800 miles on my starter FC-generation Mazda RX-7.

You're right that SB01/TXR3 is very much a power battle, which is why engine swaps are so freaking powerful, especially in mid-to-lategame when even lowly mooks are packing GT-Rs and Supras.
Thanks for the advice, but in the end I remembered something I loved and miss about the PS2: GameShark :)

Max money mofos. I have 3 days of 3 or 4 hrs left of PS2, no time to grind for money.

Tire wear actually exists though, so generally any attempts at a win past 20 or so will be risky.
Doesn't going into the PITs gives you fresh tyres without resetting the combo?
I saw one person do the main story in just a Toyota Chaser. When I replayed my session of TXR3, I also started off in a Chaser, but as the cars progressed, I found myself in a Subaru Impreza STi GC8. Pretty good car... actually, I think it's one of the OP cars in the game; either way, I did the engine swap glitch (on a school night I believe and my PS2 is fragile as hell, so I was risking progress to make progress) and boy did it make things easier.
And a Ford GT, which isn't as fast as you think it is.

Doesn't going into the PITs gives you fresh tyres without resetting the combo?

Wrong, your combo is kept but so is your tire wear. I've noticed my car still handle like absolute poop even though I've pitted several times on the Nagoya Kanjou while racking 15+ win combos. It's really risky to run more than 20 battles in a single in-game night for this reason, once tire wear catches on, I'm basically hoping I have enough horsepower to carry my car on the walls.

This is starting to remind me of how EA was building up to NFS 2015 where they were making posts about the older and more popular NFS games like NFS Underground and Carbon. The more I think about this, the more I think we're getting closer to a teaser for the next TXR game. Also is there really any TXR / Shutokuo Battle game called Shutokuo 01 Final Battle? I forgot. Also this tweet sounds like they're almost ready to announce the next TXR game.

I'm not very sure of that...
From what I gleaned from Google translate (when will we get a translator that can create something that resembles coherency?), it seems that there was some sort of time trial competition, as a promotion set up by this place.
CJs01w2VAAAZz6_.jpg

They seem to be hosting some sort of "metropolitan battle 4," involving this and some sort of mascot games.

Although the use of zero-1 does bode well for the future, I don't think this means we're near an announcement.

But, with the terrible translation killing any sort of implications that may be in the text I can't say for certain that it isn't either.

I saw one person do the main story in just a Toyota Chaser. When I replayed my session of TXR3, I also started off in a Chaser, but as the cars progressed, I found myself in a Subaru Impreza STi GC8. Pretty good car... actually, I think it's one of the OP cars in the game; either way, I did the engine swap glitch (on a school night I believe and my PS2 is fragile as hell, so I was risking progress to make progress) and boy did it make things easier.

And a Ford GT, which isn't as fast as you think it is.

The GC was a beast in that game. I used it to go far on one of my saves. I later used it on a rain car. The Chaser was also a monster. I usually wind up picking it in new saves since I can basically go through the entire game with it. It's fun since I basically cleared one of the entry stages with an essentially stock Chaser. Ironically, my go-to car in TXR3 was the MR2. That car could produce over right around 700hp with the engine swap and max supporting performance mods. It would easily do 200+ without trying.

The GT, C5 Vette, and Pantera needed to have gear work to be competitive. They could be okay, but I always ignored them since I used other stuff. It's a hell of a lot easier to just get a GT-R or Supra (or most of the expensive Japanese cars in the game for that matter) since they pull harder with the turbos. I thought the Viper sucked because I never could figure out how to gear the thing to make it useful.

I loved the Chaser as well, it was a real surprise on the first playthrough to find that Chaser could be as amazing as it is.
Of all the true starter cars, the Chaser is pretty much the only one that is a monster and is useful through the whole game IMO. The FC could have a chance in some cases, but I knew that the Chaser and Mark would go the distance.
Also, I once started a game in Osaka and bought the R32 when I unlocked it. I wound up beating No Loser with it stock. Another really interesting car in the late game was (of all things) The Firebird. That car needed a little work and all performance mods to be good, but it was an outright monster in some instances.

Yeah, they used AE86s. I wouldn't worry about their car choice from the mobile game since, well judging from the pics I saved, the other drivers used different cars as well.

Another example is Pursuit Tailgunner. Doesn't appear to be the FC3S he normally drives does it? :lol:

sbm1.jpg
Why does it not surprise me that he looks like a Russian?

Edited:
Also, by chance you got Melancholy Angel too from the game?

Edited:

Welcome to GTP :cheers:

While I'm not that guy, I've never seen Angel unfortunately, but of course, I never scoured any JPN wiki's for the game, if they even existed, all I found are the images he posted really.

Edited:
Nah, couldn't find her.

The only other rival pic I could find that I haven't posted yet was Platinum Prince from ITC (former leader of R.R.). Even though his symbol isn't in this pic, there was another one with it but I wasn't fast enough to save it. So I'm pretty certain this is Platinum Prince.

sbm9.jpg

The rest I saved here. No indication to who the other rivals are of course.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/tildawnracer/media/sbm18.jpg.html

I just went back to Genki's twitter page and I saw one tweet where they were actually talking about Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
View attachment 418476
English translation:
"Once we are playing to try, if we have the sound to read the Giger Giger PS2 from the neighbor of the booth ... # Shutokou 01 final battle # own 遊空 between jiqoo.jp/news/archives/... pic.twitter.com / WcURYQ4kMZ"
View attachment 418477

This is starting to remind me of how EA was building up to NFS 2015 where they were making posts about the older and more popular NFS games like NFS Underground and Carbon. The more I think about this, the more I think we're getting closer to a teaser for the next TXR game. Also is there really any TXR / Shutokuo Battle game called Shutokuo 01 Final Battle? I forgot. Also this tweet sounds like they're almost ready to announce the next TXR game.
Is it time for the hype train?

wmmt5_10.gif

Do you have to beat all of the wanderers before you can face ??? in Import Tuner Challenge?
Very late response but yes you need to beat all wanderers *as well as all the other rivals in the game*. Although I've never played ITC because I don't own a Xbox 360, It's always been like this since TXR on Dreamcast.

Sorry for the double post guys.

I have some news gentlemen.

First of all, Genki seems to be giving away a car in a raffle. This in itself wouldn't be noteworthy but....

CLTlXmFUcAEhFT2.jpg

CLTmJ1IUsAE7E4w.jpg

The racing division of Genki has been defunct since around 2008. Draw your own conclusions there....

Furthermore, this article was posted.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/054/G005495/20150724104/ Google translate is ineffective, but it seems that Genki is serious about a revival, and may have already begun development!

Last edited:

First of all, Genki seems to be giving away a car in a raffle. This in itself wouldn't be noteworthy but....

CLTlXmFUcAEhFT2.jpg

CLTmJ1IUsAE7E4w.jpg

The racing division of Genki has been defunct since around 2008. Draw your own conclusions there....

http://www.4gamer.net/games/054/G005495/20150724104/ Google translate is ineffective, but it seems that Genki either is about to begin work or already has on TXR4!

Very interesting indeed. :D

CLTlXmFUcAEhFT2.jpg

CLTmJ1IUsAE7E4w.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/054/G005495/20150724104/ Google translate is ineffective, but it seems that Genki is serious about a revival, and may have already begun development!
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!! :D No just kidding but it's no doubt that since GRP has been revived, we are most likely going to get a new TXR title. Just hope that happens. :bowdown:

I just hope it crosses the sea.
Oh yeah, I believe earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Genki aren't sure if they are willing to bring the game overseas. Drift 2 didn't came to the US until 2 years later after the release of the game in Japan which is pretty stupid in my opinion. But I agree, this is something we all need to worry about with the next TXR game. If the game doesn't get released outside of Japan, well that would suck big time.

Hopefully they will do what Bandai has been doing with lots of their anime games and at least drop it off in the PS Store.

CLTlXmFUcAEhFT2.jpg

CLTmJ1IUsAE7E4w.jpg

wWXTxy2.gif

choo choo

Sorry for the double post but I was wondering if the bosses in ITC has bios like in TXR0 and TXR3.

I would love it if someone could get me Melancholy Angel's bio from ITC.

Sorry for the double post but I was wondering if the bosses in ITC has bios like in TXR0 and TXR3.

I would love it if someone could get me Melancholy Angel's bio from ITC.
They did, I can check when I get home, but that might not be for another 5 hrs.

"Once known as one of the 13 Lion Hearts. Her car smells of flowers and she always looks sad. If she likes a guy she'll let him ride with her, but her personality changes when it comes to battle, which drives many men away. She's a rear drive supremacist and scorns other cars. She tuned her vehicle for short battles and her races are always over in a flash."

Really disappointed ITC only has 18 cars and 5 brands compared to TXR3.

"Once known as one of the 13 Lion Hearts. Her car smells of flowers and she always looks sad. If she likes a guy she'll let him ride with her, but her personality changes when it comes to battle, which drives many men away. She's a rear drive supremacist and scorns other cars. She tuned her vehicle for short battles and her races are always over in a flash."

13 Lion Hearts? Seriously? How the heck does Devils translate to Lion Hearts?

Oh well, at least it's better than 13 Orge Military Officers. That's a huge mouthful.

18? Just 18? That's just saddening.

18? Just 18? That's just saddening.
There's also like 10 custom ones... But I don't really count those haha.

Also you can race against the Datsun but can't buy one unless you beat the Devil Z I think and you can only buy the Rolling Guys custom AE86, can't buy and mod a stock one.

I was also dissapointed in the map size too. All we get is just the C1 loop, Shibuya and a few extension of the C1? What happened to Yokohane and the entire Wangan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back