Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made stupid random squiggly lines all over the place because that was way easier to do than trying to eyeball a good set of stripes with the TXR3 editor.

Thumbs up if this should be new Speed King

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 86
I actually liked it. :lol: It's better than nothing at least. (I'm looking at you GT6 :sly:)

The only things I accomplished were maybe stripes and decent full body camouflage. Bad enough I think the game would be fine without it. :P

play Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero.. Great game! Would definitely buy the new one if they made it. I only buy 1 or two games a year at most. So that is saying a lot.. Could you imagine the great Online battles? I'm waiting for it now..

play Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero.. Great game! Would definitely buy the new one if they made it. I only buy 1 or two games a year at most. So that is saying a lot.. Could you imagine the great Online battles? I'm waiting for it now..
The only thing that would be more epic than that would be online team battles. That would be fun seeing anywhere from 4-8 (hypothetical guess) players duking it out on the highway to help a team win.

TXR0 to me seems like the only TXR in the series where all 13 Devils and 12 zodiacs were active. I want genki to bring them all back and give White Charisma the rightful spot as #1 in the new TXR. Every Time I read the bio of speed king all I see is him being the number one racer, as if genki forgot that devil z and white charisma were both clearly faster, it's annoying. White charisma was the fastest in most TXR's excluding ???. I don't even know how WC became so slow in ITC. My rx7 could pull on him in that game.
I wish Genki released some sort of official story for their Shutokou series outlining the events that occurred and the positions each team/racer held per game because it's quite confusing.

I remember giving the TXR timeline much thought after completing them all. And the way I see it (if I can remember correctly) is that White Charisma along with Purple Meteor were originally the fastest known racers in TXR2 considering you faced either of them before Unknown. The Devils and Zodiac bosses were all present here but the teams weren't formed yet. However, the only one missing from the game was Jintei.

With TXR0, Jintei made his debut as an upstart who quickly beat Tokyo's top racers; it was either his TXR0, TXR3, or ITC profile that mentioned this if I recall. It was then the bosses from TXR2 split into two teams: some formed under the OG, White Charisma, and the rest sided with the new racer, Jintei.

I believe in TXR0 White Charisma was the fastest, but perhaps before TXR3 they maybe had a battle and Jintei dethroned him. This could explain White Charisma's absence in TXR3 and why some of the Zodiacs (Pluto, Midnight Rose) sided with the Devils in TXRD2. By ITC we know Jintei was indeed considered the fastest for some time.

Unknown I've always felt was just an urban legend that only the player raced, which is why he's always excluded from the story. So what do you think of my proposed TXR storyline? :lol:

I was crushed The Tokyo Xtreme Racer series went down. I still to this day, play TXR0 and TXR3. The cars and setup from those times were already pretty good, I imagine how it would look on PS4. I just imagine all the original 13 Devils using modernized versions of their cars from TXR0.

Like Imagine Dreamy Ghost with a GT500 body kit on the new NSX
Screenshot_2015-08-10-19-08-46.png

Or Iron Heart/Steel Heart in the FT-1
Screenshot_2015-08-10-19-13-00.png

Kinda makes me giddy thinking about it. I highly doubt it'll be setup like that, (especially using a VGT) but one can dream right? I'm just happy Genki is considering reviving and continuing a legendary racing game series.

I wish Genki released some sort of official story for their Shutokou series outlining the events that occurred and the positions each team/racer held per game because it's quite confusing.

I remember giving the TXR timeline much thought after completing them all. And the way I see it (if I can remember correctly) is that White Charisma along with Purple Meteor were originally the fastest known racers in TXR2 considering you faced either of them before Unknown. The Devils and Zodiac bosses were all present here but the teams weren't formed yet. However, the only one missing from the game was Jintei.

With TXR0, Jintei made his debut as an upstart who quickly beat Tokyo's top racers; it was either his TXR0, TXR3, or ITC profile that mentioned this if I recall. It was then the bosses from TXR2 split into two teams: some formed under the OG, White Charisma, and the rest sided with the new racer, Jintei.

I believe in TXR0 White Charisma was the fastest, but perhaps before TXR3 they maybe had a battle and Jintei dethroned him. This could explain White Charisma's absence in TXR3 and why some of the Zodiacs (Pluto, Midnight Rose) sided with the Devils in TXRD2. By ITC we know Jintei was indeed considered the fastest for some time.

Unknown I've always felt was just an urban legend that only the player raced, which is why he's always excluded from the story. So what do you think of my proposed TXR storyline? :lol:

That's almost exactly how I saw it, except I theorized that 12 zodiacs disbanded in TXR3 after Jintei beat White Charisma. But then Gods Estuary in TXR3 shows up in that game only and becomes Japan's fastest boss, I predict that's why the 13 Devils split up. Then after the TXRD scene, Jintei decided to stay with a Subaru while White charisma reappeared with his reputation still intact in ITC.

But that's just the past. I'm focused on the newcomers who already seem powerful enough to to dethrone Jintei once and for all (hence: Snakes eyes the leader of phantom 9). with Genki deciding on bringing Osaka and Nagoya back I'm curious on how they'll have snakes eyes, "J", and gods estuary play in the new TXR. All three of them have shown to have cars that accelerate faster than Jintei.

Snake eyes lost to Jintei once and he said he was going to have a rematch with him. If that becomes part of the main story then the game will be a little more intense.

But then there's Death Driver. He may not seem like much but Before he had an accident he was one of the top 4 drivers in Japan, maybe he should play a role. But the three main antagonists should be Jintei, White charisma, and Snakes eyes since he's obviously faster than WC now.

You mention J but not The Rook? Can't quite remember, despite playing through the game every now and then, that J wasn't all that fast. He can be a pain, but those Supras man...

You mention J but not The Rook? Can't quite remember, despite playing through the game every now and then, that J wasn't all that fast. He can be a pain, but those Supras man...
What made the 3 Dragons suck the most was the fact that they were faced in succession. J could be tough if not faced in the Kanjou loop (he sucked in the loop and is easy fodder there), but the Dragons were pretty good all around. I was able to hang with and outrun them with an I4 Turbo Swapped MR2, but I usually lost because I ran out of SP midway through.

I didn't mention the 3 Dragons because they were already in ITC and had not other leads to their role other than being the fastest in Nagoya and basically having the same goal as everyone else, being the best.

What made the 3 Dragons suck the most was the fact that they were faced in succession. J could be tough if not faced in the Kanjou loop (he sucked in the loop and is easy fodder there), but the Dragons were pretty good all around. I was able to hang with and outrun them with an I4 Turbo Swapped MR2, but I usually lost because I ran out of SP midway through.

This is true, the one after the other made a number of races very interesting! I used to abuse the toll booths, not any dirty driving but some strategic moves that gave me the upper hand.

I didn't mention the 3 Dragons because they were already in ITC and had not other leads to their role other than being the fastest in Nagoya and basically having the same goal as everyone else, being the best.

Oh I see. I will have to say that I've never played ITC. I know little to nothing about it, so little it took me a long time to figure out what ITC was when mentioned earlier. :lol:

Other than them being very fast by themselves, they were hard because they had to be beaten all in a row. That's when I discovered putting and l6 in a Subaru Sri wrx. It's accel and grip is a lot better than anyone thought.

Oh I see. I will have to say that I've never played ITC. I know little to nothing about it, so little it took me a long time to figure out what ITC was when mentioned earlier. :lol:

Ah. Well it's was the last TXR (Shutokou Batte X or TXR4) before genki shutdown. It's the easiest of the TXR's and only has 20 customizable cars because of budget cuts. It's also the only TXR with online play. It's part of this ongoing racing scene.

Well I do know that stuff at least. Just never played it nor watched or read anything about it... because it's on Xbox and I don't have one and never planned to get one.

Actually, you had to face five opponents in succession if you made it through. There's one leader that drove a Viper that you had to beat before you can race J, then J himself, and then the 3 Dragons.
I had to beat them in in I6 turbo swapped GC8 Impreza with a low upgrade coolant... so I was running in the reds fairly quick.

From Purple Meteor's profile in Street Supremacy, it's said that he's a mentor to Jintei.

Also, you said the Devils were present in TXR2? If so, what name did Melancholy Angel went by in TXR2?

To be honest though, this drawing I found on the Internet seems like a better design for Jintei.

20130124222523a4f.jpg

That does look better. I based my design off the TXR0 version of Jintei. I personally think ITC design fits the Subaru more. Making this design in FH2 shouldn't be any more of a hassle than golden wisdom.

I think that the battle mechanics should be improved upon.
Having a lifebar that drains if you're behind or hitting something is a unique mechanics, but it has it's flaws.

The most obvious being most races lasting under a minute. Obviously IRL Shutokou racing last for more than just that.

It also doesn't make sense that your bar still drains when you're behind even though you're literally 5 inches behind your opponent. There should be some sort of space behind a racer where any racers in that space will not have their bar drop even though they're behind.

Or Genki could do what EA did in NFSU2. Instead of a lifebar, you and your opponent need to get away from each other at a certain distance and whoever outruns his or her opponent first wins the race.

I actually just got a 360 this week to play import tuner challenge. I think this is by far my most missed series. The drift games were ok for me but the highway battle games I loved. Played through zero and 3 at least a handful of times a piece. Really hoping they do a new one on PS4 with updates. Digital only seems like the way to go and potentially keep their production costs down.

Digital only seems like the way to go and potentially keep their production costs down.
Not all are keen on having to download a game when some prefer getting a physical copy for themselves (and save themselves the trouble of entering a debit/credit card information or buying set amount PSN cards at a store).

I am one of those that still prefer the physical copies (because I can still sell it and get some of the money spent back... some). But... downloadable games are possibly gonna have to do for this game.

I think that the battle mechanics should be improved upon.
It also doesn't make sense that your bar still drains when you're behind even though you're literally 5 inches behind your opponent. There should be some sort of space behind a racer where any racers in that space will not have their bar drop even though they're behind.

I agree, but TXR3/SB01 already does this; of course the cars have to be basically bumper-to-bumper for this to happen, but I've had battles prolonged due to a mook driver being surprisingly strong and staying on my rear until they crash into something. It works, but only if you're like me and try to beat all the regulars and bosses with only one car and without the "mileage glitch" and thus the rivals are much closer in strength than what most players would be up to.

That said, if you're stomping somebody, there's no need to drag the battle on further. I think the SP decrease rate should be less linear, so that if you're say 20 to 30 meters away, you would lose SP but it's like a 0.25%/sec trickle, but if you're like 200 meters away, barring Sanae Kochiya level BS miracles (and/or a choke of the century), you should basically be guaranteed to lose.

I have no problem with digital sales as long as they follow ITC sales and have the new TXR on Microsoft and PSN and continue to have online play (I believe they can afford that). At first when I saw ITC in a store 4 years ago I thought it was just a game for tuners and street racers. When I started playing I realized its highway based in Japan. Since I was only 13 then I didn't realized it was a TXR game until I raced a few bosses in the beginning. But I hope they can put in a spot for Xbox 1...

Last edited:
For those of you who have Forza horizon 2 on Xbox 1, join my new club 'ZERØ' if you want to see these cars recreated on the game. I might even do vinyl requests and give them to you if you join. Join and I will show the cars I've made so far: _Jintei, Speed King, King Speed(ITC), Jacknife, death driver, devil z, blackbird, and golden wisdom._ I will work on recreating snake eyes some time soon.

For those of you who have Forza horizon 2 on Xbox 1, join my new club 'ZERØ' if you want to see these cars recreated on the game. I might even do vinyl requests and give them to you if you join. Join and I will show the cars I've made so far: _Jintei, Speed King, King Speed(ITC), Jacknife, death driver, devil z, blackbird, and golden wisdom._ I will work on recreating snake eyes some time soon.

And my Gamertag is exactly the same as my username here. Just add and message me.

Haha nice! Speaking of FH2, a few months ago, I recreated the Devil Z with 700+hp and weighing just 1100+kg.

It's top speed is 330km/h, but I think I can bring that top speed up by changing the gear ratios.

It's also really unstable too, unless you're on the freeway, it's almost impossible to turn this thing once you're over the 250km/h mark.

Do you have any screenshots of your work?

Haha nice! Speaking of FH2, a few months ago, I recreated the Devil Z with 700+hp and weighing just 1100+kg.

It's top speed is 330km/h, but I think I can bring that top speed up by changing the gear ratios.

It's also really unstable too, unless you're on the freeway, it's almost impossible to turn this thing once you're over the 250km/h mark.

Do you have any screenshots of your work?

I will take screenshots when I get time to play today. I feel King Speed(ITC) was my most successful make. I just wish I could free hand weld the aero parts these cars used, especially white charisma from TXR0 and ITC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back