Going back to controller

• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 302 comments
So, you are right AND wrong. :)
Yes, anyone who has played on pc in something like rfactor2 knows the difference from console to pc. It is absolutely two seperate caregories re driving physics ffb graphics frame rate etc. The console is the console. The driving on GTS is imo great for what it is.
Gts requires fundamentally good inputs to be fast.
So imo you’re right obviously correct driving something on decent pc in a title like that vs GTS.
It’s two seperate universes.
Now, where you are imo wrong is about GTS simulating RACING.
Imo it does a fantastic job of that.
Man vs man FAIR racing. Sure the driving dynamics are really incomparable but PVP online GTS is great at simulating racing it has every IMPORTANT aspect.
It has all the emotions of human v human competition and looks pretty good.
Obviously it’s not pc, and will never be, but it captures the ESSENCE of racing which is competition very well. It SIMULATES racing.
PC is fabulous. GTS is fabulous.
I personally love going online in GTS and competing against players from all over the world with times within hundredths of mine literally whenever I feel like it. So, it IS.a great simulator in those terms.
It’s fabulous that it’s so accessible. Anyone with talent and desire can race against the best with a PS and DS4. That’s AWESOME.
What literally makes no sense here is this guy talking about needing to use wheel on gts.
His comments have been nonsense from the get go. Imo it’s a troll.
But, there’s always the possibility that it’s not.
I think the only positive I can add is if a person really loves pure driving they owe it to themselves to give pc a go. I wish I had done so sooner.
Quality wise no contest fugetaboutit.

There’s something about GTS though. It has a magic. The melding of the various aspects available the aspects of racing and tech and all, imo it’s damn near perfect for the hardware excepting pen system problems. Even with those it’s got the magic.
The vibe. I’m just fearful they are going to change it for the next title and destroy the magic. I’m in no hurry for ps5, may not buy it, but love GTS.
Jmo

Cheers
There is nothing magic about any console racing game. Especially GT Sport. You said it yourself,the penalty system is a joke and online is pretty much a bunch of idiots smashing into each other. What is magical about that?

There is nothing magic about any console racing game. Especially GT Sport. You said it yourself,the penalty system is a joke and online is pretty much a bunch of idiots smashing into each other. What is magical about that?

No I didn’t, and it’s not.
The magic is there. When I’m racing against a Brazilian a Canadian an American an Argentinian and more all together all with that flag showing it’s quite epic.
Sometimes you do get that great competition with players very evenly matched dueling it out in tough but fair fashion.
I think too the short sprints are a huge positive that also add to the magic. You got rivalries/revenge/dirty/clean and you can paint up your own car however you like.
Maybe your limited experience in game resulted in you forming these opinions you have. You gotta get outta D D rank to experience what’s available online.
In real racing you got dirty drivers rivalries between teams cars with advantage over others, penalties, disputed penalties etc.
Gts has all that drama, and that’s the magic.
Obviously pc is better in every technical sense ffb physics driving graphics etc which is why I credit GTS so much and call it magic- F U N.

No I didn’t, and it’s not.
The magic is there. When I’m racing against a Brazilian a Canadian an American an Argentinian and more all together all with that flag showing it’s quite epic.
Sometimes you do get that great competition with players very evenly matched dueling it out in tough but fair fashion.
I think too the short sprints are a huge positive that also add to the magic. You got rivalries/revenge/dirty/clean and you can paint up your own car however you like.
Maybe your limited experience in game resulted in you forming these opinions you have. You gotta get outta D D rank to experience what’s available online.
In real racing you got dirty drivers rivalries between teams cars with advantage over others, penalties, disputed penalties etc.
Gts has all that drama, and that’s the magic.
Obviously pc is better in every technical sense ffb physics driving graphics etc which is why I credit GTS so much and call it magic- F U N.
Right a Brazilian,an Argentine and there goes the internet. Please. We are not talking about "real racing" get your head around that. My limited experience? You're kidding right? Dude I've been playing "Video games" since they were invented. You actually typed this?
" You got rivalries/revenge/dirty/clean and you can paint up your own car however you like."
That is real racing? Again this is the whole problem with console "racers". No etiquette, no talent and no skill. Sounds like fun to me.

That is real racing? Again this is the whole problem with console "racers". No etiquette, no talent and no skill.

Yes it is real racing. Racing against rivals from different countries representing your own and being able to paint your car to annoy your rivals is great stuff.
You’re also incorrect as to console players having no skills and etiquette. That’s certainly obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Again maybe you haven’t gotten above a C rank in GTS so what “experience” do you have aside from making inflammatory postings and in general acting like a horses rear?
I was playing Atari when you weren’t even a gleam in your dads eye lmao.
C5612CA4-FC8C-4A81-9A15-C8D57A73815C.jpeg
FDC2517B-A4B5-4FBD-865F-9CD1323CA139.jpeg

Last edited:
Right a Brazilian,an Argentine and there goes the internet. Please. We are not talking about "real racing" get your head around that. My limited experience? You're kidding right? Dude I've been playing "Video games" since they were invented. You actually typed this?
" You got rivalries/revenge/dirty/clean and you can paint up your own car however you like."
That is real racing? Again this is the whole problem with console "racers". No etiquette, no talent and no skill. Sounds like fun to me.

I’ll race you anytime with my no skill there “bud”, hell, I’ll set up a lobby tonight and stream the whole thing for all to see. Put your money where your mouth is bud.

And you have the nerve to say “no skill”!!! :lol:
A5E5D1FB-C371-4B96-9353-42508E578009.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll race you anytime with my no skill there “bud”, hell, I’ll set up a lobby tonight and stream the whole thing for all to see. Put your money where your mouth is bud.

And you have the nerve to say “no skill”!!! :lol:
View attachment 1003083
Jesus bud you're making us Canadians look silly bud eh! Go grab a beer and some bud,bud.Sure come over to AC,ACC,Project Cars 2 and get your game up. :D I don't play GTS because it's terrible. Dude 4 guys in that video actually raced clean:bowdown:. 3 quit and the rest were so far back it was laughable. Awesome. Come to one of our lobbies with 12 guys that have raced together for 10 years. Full damage,full penalties and see how well you do. :cheers:

Last edited:
Jesus bud you're making us Canadians look silly bud eh! Go grab a beer and some bud,bud.Sure come over to AC,ACC,Project Cars 2 and get your game up. :D I don't play GTS because it's terrible. Dude 4 guys in that video actually raced clean:bowdown:. 3 quit and the rest were so far back it was laughable. Awesome. Come to one of our lobbies with 12 guys that have raced together for 10 years. Full damage,full penalties and see how well you do. :cheers:

Naw, you’re the one making Canadians sound like stuck up douche bags, get off your high horse bud. I’ll race you in any game, but of course you only want to race in a game you are comfy with(instead of the one who’s forum your actually on right now lol), that’s ok though Nancy, I’ll play your game ;). No other people in the race, one on one, I’m not gonna let your buddies help you out or give you draft. Saturday night, ACC, at Spa, GT3. Let’s see if you can back that big mouth up! :lol:

Last edited:
Yes it is real racing. Racing against rivals from different countries representing your own and being able to paint your car to annoy your rivals is great stuff.
You’re also incorrect as to console players having no skills and etiquette. That’s certainly obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Again maybe you haven’t gotten above a C rank in GTS so what “experience” do you have aside from making inflammatory postings and in general acting like a horses rear?
I was playing Atari when you weren’t even a gleam in your dads eye lmao.
View attachment 1003078 View attachment 1003079
Hmm let me do the math. I was born on this day in 1962. Yes it's my birthday today. That would make me 59 today. I hardly think I was a gleem in my father's eye when he bought me a console when I was 10. Correct I sold the game after trying it. My son has it,my brother has it. I've played it. I have had every GT game since they made them. This is not Polyphony's best game.

Naw, you’re the one making Canadians sound like stuck up douche bags, get off your high horse bud. I’ll race you in any game, but of course you only want to race in a game you are comfy with(instead of the one who’s forum your actually on right now lol), that’s ok though Nancy, I’ll play your game ;). No other people in the race, one on one, I’m not gonna let your buddies help you out or give you draft. Saturday night, ACC, at Spa, GT3. Let’s see if you can back that big mouth up! :lol:
Ha,ha. Nancy that's cute son. Well now that you're all puffed up like a blowfish,what game did you say? Would that be with or without setups? Would you like some AI to help you out? In the rain,nightime,track? Practice up.
I don't need friends to help me out bud. What part of I sold GTS didn't you understand? I'm sure I could spend $10 and get it again. But damn I hate wasting money.

Last edited:
Ha,ha. Nancy that's cute son. Well now that you're all puffed up like a blowfish,what game did you say? Would that be with or without setups? Would you like some AI to help you out? In the rain,nightime,track? Practice up.
I don't need friends to help me out bud.

ACC, Spa, GT3, one on one, dry track. We’ll go with setups because I don’t trust you not to cheat. You’re gonna have to slum it on the console though, I don’t do fancy PC games. Do I need to send someone over there to help you into your rig old man? ;)

Last edited:
Ever consider that no matter what platform, PC, PS, etc.... most of the players are so drunk they wouldn't be let on a track in real life? So what are you arguing about?

As much as I'd like to see the showdown. Cut it out hosers. This ain't a Canadian Tire parking lot. . :lol:

What part of I sold GTS didn't you understand? I'm sure I could spend $10 and get it again. But damn I hate wasting money.

Probably the same reason I had to explain the combo to you twice, or are you just getting forgetful in your old age? I know remembering things from 5 minutes ago can be tough at that age though, so I’ll let that one slide. :lol:

ACC, Spa, GT3, one on one, dry track. We’ll go with setups because I don’t trust you not to cheat. You’re gonna have to slum it on the console though, I don’t do fancy PC games. Do I need to send someone over there to help you into your rig old man? ;)
Kid,I run 10 km's a day everyday with my dog. I highly doubt you get outside unless your going to McDonald's.:lol: You want setups. OK if you insist.

Last edited:
Kid,I run 10 km's a day everyday with my dog. I highly doubt you get outside unless your going to McDonald's. You want setups. OK if you insist.
You may want to update your tough talk for the Covid era.

I may go to McDonalds today. Or Nandos. Probably Nandos now. I'd feel bad if I only went out for McDonalds now. :(

Careful, @Pigems, I think I know this guy.
View attachment 1003096

I don’t care if he wants to race shopping carts in the Walmart parking lot, I’ll smoke him either way. :D

Also, ACC doesn’t even allow private lobbies, so I’m not sure how he plans on setting this race up anyways. If only we had a game were lobbies were super easy to set up?

Last edited:
Hmm let me do the math. I was born on this day in 1962. Yes it's my birthday today. That would make me 59 today. I hardly think I was a gleem in my father's eye when he bought me a console when I was 10. Correct I sold the game after trying it. My son has it,my brother has it. I've played it. I have had every GT game since they made them. This is not Polyphony's best game.
Happy Birthday.

I don’t care if he wants to race shopping carts in the Walmart parking lot, I’ll smoke him either way. :D

Also, ACC doesn’t even allow private lobbies, so I’m not sure how he plans on setting this race up anyways. If only we had a game were lobbies were super easy to set up?
I'll race ya if you submerge both hands in a bucket of ice water for 15 minutes to make it even.:nervous:

Back