Going back to controller

• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 302 comments
Let’s go with the “silly” immersion the game makers trying to make us feel that we are in the game , with sight and sound. When we move around in the game they give us a controller we use our fingers to walk around with fake legs and fake hands to pick up things. When a racing games is a game you are using the same controller that any immersion game on the market is using to control a race car with your fingers.

GTS becomes a racing simulator is when a FFB wheel setup is the controller and better the wheel ( more you spend ) the more immersion . GTS is both a game and a racing simulator it can be separated it by the controller we choose and the money we spend at the time of use .
Bullcrap.

Last edited:
better the wheel ( more you spend ) the more immersion

xJZJmol.jpg

Immersion just isn't about $$$ spent.

Last edited:
have you tried using the wheel with chase cam? Maybe it's just that camera angle that you are accustomed to. I use a T300 and I've always used chase cam. It's not better or worse than other views, it's just my preference.
I have a T300 as well. It's a better wheel that the 150

I was going to go for full immersion because I feel it is the only way to become a GTS/GT7 Simulator Racer . . . . .

Ran into a small snag . . . . .

Wanted to buy a small car, gut it and install all of the wheel & pedal controls . . . . . once the wife found out I wanted to put it in the living room she gave me a whopping NO WAY IN HELL :mad:. I measured and think a Fiat Punto or Panda would have fit.

I looked up buying a proper helmet, a properly decorated firesuit and a HANs harness. . . . . once the wife found out she was more open to the idea as long as the cost was below $100 USD. Otherwise another longer NOOOOOOPE :irked:.

I guess I will continue to sit here on my couch on my rearend using my DS4 dreaming of true simulator immersion :D.

Gamer for now. Enjoy your racing! :cheers:

Fortunately you don't need a helmet, suit, gloves, head sock, Hans, shoes, and fire retardant underwear to drive a car. Know what you do need though? A wheel and pedals.

You could be right about the money spent , but those Fanatec Sim Drivers might tell it made a difference with immersion for them.

hhbW96Gl.jpg

Money isn't the only way to immersion, it's also a mentality. That seems to have missed in translation.

Case in point: Crusader Kings 2. Immerse the hell out of myself by thinking as the character would and playing accordingly, total outlay for the game was ~$300 between the base game and expansions before they went free-to-play and expansions became available as a subscription respectively. I do all of this at my kitchen table eating skyr and dollar-store frozen pizza.

Of course, I could go money=immersion and build me a pointy boi to sit in to get into the mindset just as well.
9cnUQCfl.jpg

Couple grand easy. Get appropriate High Middle Age attire and consume exclusively ale, wine, and food of dubious quality; more money. Do my posting while playing exclusively on quill and parchment in a dimly lit room.

TL;DR: Point missed entirely that money does not make immersion.

hhbW96Gl.jpg

Money isn't the only way to immersion, it's also a mentality. That seems to have missed in translation.

Case in point: Crusader Kings 2. Immerse the hell out of myself by thinking as the character would and playing accordingly, total outlay for the game was ~$300 between the base game and expansions before they went free-to-play and expansions became available as a subscription respectively. I do all of this at my kitchen table eating skyr and dollar-store frozen pizza.

Of course, I could go money=immersion and build me a pointy boi to sit in to get into the mindset just as well.
9cnUQCfl.jpg

Couple grand easy. Get appropriate High Middle Age attire and consume exclusively ale, wine, and food of dubious quality; more money. Do my posting while playing exclusively on quill and parchment in a dimly lit room.

TL;DR: Point missed entirely that money does not make immersion.
Sorry my gamer friend I do not care about gaming problems happy trails to you.

Sorry my gamer friend I do not care about gaming problems happy trails to you.

>don't care about gaming problems
>plays a game

nzkv6mM.jpg

Mate, it was a metaphor designed to explain that immersion in games doesn't just require money on peripherals, it also requires the right mindset.

TL;DR: Game no matter money spent, immersion comes from a combination of money and mindset.

That is real racing? Again this is the whole problem with console "racers". No etiquette, no talent and no skill. Sounds like fun to me.

look man. i'mma be the first one to say that i meme about GT Sport a lot, but you have no right to clump everyone into the same bag. while I had ps plus and could enjoy the game online, some of my best memories in sim racing came from racing people in this game, made friendships, freaked the 🤬 out a few times, had slumps and moments where i punched above my weight, and others where i had equal and exciting races from start to finish.

the fact that you need to talk **** about console racers, yet you don't even own the game yourself / never played it because in your words "it's bad" just gives a nice glimpse as to what kinda person you are. just really sad.

what do you consider "real racing"? borefests with barely any overtaking? races that last a minimum of 2 hours? put me in something like assetto corsa or rfactor and i'll get bored really damn quick, and that's just my preference. gt sport's sport mode has it's many flaws and yet you can't deny that it does stuff well. it puts you against similarly fast opponents which will (most of the time) give you a good and hard race for a few laps. race ends, you all say bye, and you all join the next queue to have another experience in a few minutes.

got punted off? well it sucks ass, yeah. but you just have to complete a few laps before you can go again. plus the guy may have gotten a penalty, or got punted off himself. who knows.

it's a different stroke for a different type of folk. and that's alright. a game shouldn't be taken seriously to this extent, but hey, whatever floats your boat. just feels really sad that your brain thinks that train of thought is acceptable, to be quite honest.

also the fact you challenged @Pigems like that unironically reminded me of the way people behaved back in the modern warfare 2 days. "1v1 me rust, sniper only, quickscope bro". kinda laughable.

Re immersion...
I’m pretty immersed in cockpit view on a nice sized tv.
When I get hit by someone trying to be sneaky it’s irritating. I think the more removed from immersion you are, the less you care about others.
I raced a LOT at Bathurst. My week there began horribly, but I battled through it and enjoyed some excellent racing, but then late Sunday it ended just as it began.
I call it going arcade. To me if it’s intentional and players want that I pretty much say ok if that’s what you want gloves off no more immersion just me moving pixels on a screen.
I will end all fun if that’s what it takes.
I’m sorry if any innocents got caught up in the ridiculous displays from earlier but when people start punting me they should just hope I’m not ever in a race with them again.
I will move their pixels off the track.
I couldn’t care less what controller they have they will regret contacting me in a dirty fashion.
Conversely the game is a joy to play with many of the great racers from the Americas.
Had some great back and forths this week!
Yes I was taken out many times and took out many players. There’s a whole race team after me now and I don’t care. I will take all of you out one by one until you learn to race fair.
The takedowns will continue until you stop driving like idiots.

Last edited:
>don't care about gaming problems
>plays a game

nzkv6mM.jpg

Mate, it was a metaphor designed to explain that immersion in games doesn't just require money on peripherals, it also requires the right mindset.

TL;DR: Game no matter money spent, immersion comes from a combination of money and mindset.
I Did not want to be dismissive but I am not a gamer I tried but it never happen. Could not master the DS4 or any game pad as a controller. The FFB wheel is why I am enjoying GTS and other racing titles on my PS4 console.

Last edited:
I Did not want to be dismissive but I am not a gamer I tried but it never happen. Could not master the DS4 or any game pad as a controller
Yet you still play a game, on a games console, using a gaming controller.

You may be more "immersed" (although judging by your stats and the value you place on expensive equipment, you're immersed in the career of Chanoch Nissany), but you're an immersed gamer.

Last edited:
Yet you still play a game, on a games console, using a gaming controller.

You may be more "immersed" (although judging by your stats and the value you place on expensive equipment, you're immersed in the career of Chanoch Nissany), but you're an immersed gamer.
You my friend you keep going to stats to judge my abilities. What dose that say about you! I did not built a gaming platform, I built a racing simulator to get the full enjoyment of online racing. I do not need a alphabet in front of my driver rating to do that.

Last edited:
You my friend
Nope.
you keep going to stats to judge my abilities.
Yes. That's how it works. Your stats are generated by your results, which is the indicator of your abilities.
What dose that say about you!
That I don't think someone of your capabilities should be talking down to other people about how they should play the same game you play. Pretty obvious.
I did not built a gaming platform, I built a racing simulator to get the full enjoyment of online racing
I've seen your racing simulator. It's a gaming controller attached to a metal frame, which you use to play a racing game on a games console. Guess what? So is mine.

I mean, if you enjoy it, good for you, but you don't get to redefine the world as you see fit. You're gaming.

I do not need a alphabet in front of my driver rating to do that.
:lol: Back we go to the "alphabet".

It's so weird that you constantly proselytise about how to play the game properly and yet whine about people who have driver ratings better than yours. Incidentally "D" is also a letter of the alphabet.

Last edited:
You my friend you keep going to stats to judge my abilities. What dose that say about you! I did not built a gaming platform, I built a racing simulator to get the full enjoyment of online racing. I do not need a alphabet in front of my driver rating to do that.

No, the but Alphabet rating tells us how well you simulate driving though. The answer, is worse than the gamers. ;)

Last edited:
Re immersion...
I’m pretty immersed in cockpit view on a nice sized tv.
When I get hit by someone trying to be sneaky it’s irritating. I think the more removed from immersion you are, the less you care about others.
I raced a LOT at Bathurst. My week there began horribly, but I battled through it and enjoyed some excellent racing, but then late Sunday it ended just as it began.
I call it going arcade. To me if it’s intentional and players want that I pretty much say ok if that’s what you want gloves off no more immersion just me moving pixels on a screen.
I will end all fun if that’s what it takes.
I’m sorry if any innocents got caught up in the ridiculous displays from earlier but when people start punting me they should just hope I’m not ever in a race with them again.
I will move their pixels off the track.
I couldn’t care less what controller they have they will regret contacting me in a dirty fashion.
Conversely the game is a joy to play with many of the great racers from the Americas.
Had some great back and forths this week!
Yes I was taken out many times and took out many players. There’s a whole race team after me now and I don’t care. I will take all of you out one by one until you learn to race fair.
The takedowns will continue until you stop driving like idiots.

You reap what you sow in racing. You should have learned that by now.

You reap what you sow in racing. You should have learned that by now.

This is why yielding to cheaters isn’t an option.
In race, if I am shoved off and the driver continues as if nothing is wrong this tells me either it was a purposeful takedown or they don’t care, either way they reap what they sow.
I could put up replay after replay of clean bumper to bumper swapping spots back and forth contact free just as I could put up video after video far worse than anything on GTS idiots of the week.

Last edited:
This is why yielding to cheaters isn’t an option.
In race, if I am shoved off and the driver continues as if nothing is wrong this tells me either it was a purposeful takedown or they don’t care, either way they reap what they sow.
I could put up replay after replay of clean bumper to bumper swapping spots back and forth contact free just as I could put up video after video far worse than anything on GTS idiots of the week.

This is why I’m switching to iRacing for a while, I’m tired of dealing with people who aren’t there to race. 👍

Nope.

Yes. That's how it works. Your stats are generated by your results, which is the indicator of your abilities.

That I don't think someone of your capabilities should be talking down to other people about how they should play the same game you play. Pretty obvious.

I've seen your racing simulator. It's a gaming controller attached to a metal frame, which you use to play a racing game on a games console. Guess what? So is mine.

I mean, if you enjoy it, good for you, but you don't get to redefine the world as you see fit. You're gaming.

:lol: Back we go to the "alphabet".

It's so weird that you constantly proselytise about how to play the game properly and yet whine about people who have driver ratings better than yours. Incidentally "D" is also a letter of the alphabet.
When I post a reply or use “Alphabet Driver” I am referring to better driver then D and me . The ABCs in some circles means the Alphabet. For some reason D didn’t make the cut for the ABCs .

Last edited:
Will do, still waiting on a few computer parts to make it work properly lol. I’ll be up and running by end of next week if all goes well, I’ll let you know how it goes. 👍

Awesome!
It’ll be great to hear what you think of it!

When I post a reply or use “Alphabet Driver” I am referring to better driver then D and me . The ABCs in some circles means the Alphabet. For some reason D didn’t make the cut for the ABCs for reason only you would know.

qvosv6z.png

mate. Mate. MATE..........How can we keep missing the point THAT much THAT often?

The term "alphabet", in the case you quoted, is being used to give measurements to the scale used to judge your skills in the VIDEO GAME Gran Turismo Sport. It is not being used in the context of "language equivalent of sub-atomic particles". This, by the way, is another metaphor.

The point that was being made here was:

Will do, still waiting on a few computer parts to make it work properly lol. I’ll be up and running by end of next week if all goes well, I’ll let you know how it goes. 👍
Shouldn't take you long to get out of rookie license. You've had plenty of practice with GT Sport of dealing with fields full of bad drivers.

The racing is great, even if the pricing model isn't.

qvosv6z.png

mate. Mate. MATE..........How can we keep missing the point THAT much THAT often?

The term "alphabet", in the case you quoted, is being used to give measurements to the scale used to judge your skills in the VIDEO GAME Gran Turismo Sport. It is not being used in the context of "language equivalent of sub-atomic particles". This, by the way, is another metaphor.

The point that was being made here was:
Just to bring you up to date Mate , “Alphabet Driver” label was made to make a point why some drivers turn to a alternate accounts to save their driver rating from the notorious bad driving of the D rated. Let me take you down to my level , ABCs , ABC’s is referring to the Alphabet in my Generation .

Back