Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Can somebody tell me how to unlock the Goodwood events 5-1 onwards?
I have Golded all of the events up to 4-3 and it hasnt unlocked for me thus far?

I thought it would be automatic , in the sense that as soon as you complete the trio of events in the series, you back out of the event, receive the invite from Lord March. I havent had this despite quitting the game and reloading , i have completed the lunar missions too. I have my A-spec complete up to License A .

Is this a glitch or is my game broken?

I am dying to try the X2011 on Goodwood !

Can somebody tell me how to unlock the Goodwood events 5-1 onwards?
I have Golded all of the events up to 4-3 and it hasnt unlocked for me thus far?

I thought it would be automatic , in the sense that as soon as you complete the trio of events in the series, you back out of the event, receive the invite from Lord March. I havent had this despite quitting the game and reloading , i have completed the lunar missions too. I have my A-spec complete up to License A .

Is this a glitch or is my game broken?

I am dying to try the X2011 on Goodwood !

As far as I know you get the invitation once you reach a certain total amount of stars, but I could be wrong. Get back to the rest of the career mode and get some more stars and I am pretty sure you will get invited back for the rest.

So, am I that untalented? :dunce:
The best I've managed was silver (barely) with a G27 with all aids off :nervous:

You have to trust the downforce of the car :) It can go extremely fast around many of the corners. EXTREMELY FAST. Figure out which corners need braking and how much.
Just try to flick it around corners without (or with very little) braking and see what happens :) You will end up in the dirt quite a bit, but you will at some point get a hang of it.
Good luck!

Wasn't it easier to get gold on these X1 events with a wheel??? If you had difficulties getting gold with the DS3 I would understand.

And thank you for your help!

Last edited:
I can not believe the sound the bloody thing makes! A raspy, loud cross between an angry bumble bee and a F1 car. Colour me impressed!

I got gold after probably 5 goes on my T500RS. It's definitely all about keeping it on the black rather than trying to go fast.

I'm definitely not a casual gamer and I had an awful time using the ds3 with this challenge. The car is basiscally as wide as the road so no room for error. It took me almost a half hour which is what I completed all the vettel challenges in. Very brutal pd, I'm impressed.

Just did 30.960 with DS3. Wasn't that hard to be honest.

To beat the gold 32.000 (for Europe) you just need to "cruise" round the track. I wasn't even speeding that much. Could done about 28 seconds on full pace.

Managed 28 sec. after 3 tries. (With a DS3 :sly:)

But still, the X1 is not the same as used we to, it got more understeer...

... So yeah ...

OK so there was actually another bump/challenge in the game besides this. Wasn't difficult either but took a few tries to adjust. The Aventador S license test. Massive understeer followed by 4WD slide really needs you to change you drive. I eventually golded by 2 seconds.

I start in 3rd gear, seems fastest and easiest way to get good start. I used also no aids apart from SRF which is forced on.

Here is my video of my fastest lap (23.905) at this event with multiple views in glorious 480p:

You are the first person that's faster than me in the first part. You're making me want to give it another try -.-

The time itself was very easy to beat. The problem was finishing one run...
Yup.

I did it on like the third or fourth attempt. To gold, you really only need to make it to the line. The first corner is flat, brake for second, brake hard and early for third, fourth corner (chicane near big brick wall) is almost flat but brake for safety, fifth corner almost flat, brake for safety... And you're done.

DS3 users: blah blah blah, good luck, nothing I just said will help you to control that car.

Quite easy for GT5 players that had the X2010/x2011, it took me like 2-5min to gold the event.
people struggling need to understand the car first, you can't brake too much or turn too much, but you can make a mistake, the time given is really long actually, i managed to do this in 25 seconds the other day.

I just got gold after 30 minutes of training (DS3);
In Gt5 I had difficulty to get bronze in monza, I was not able to get anything else
Just the right difficulty for me for a good mix of challenge and fun; definitely possible if you achieved bronze in vettel challenge
Ps: I exceptionally raised ABS, TC and sensitivity, and switched from manual to auto for this one

I just got gold after 30 minutes of training (DS3);
In Gt5 I had difficulty to get bronze in monza, I was not able to get anything else
Just the right difficulty for me for a good mix of challenge and fun; definitely possible if you achieved bronze in vettel challenge
Ps: I exceptionally raised ABS, TC and sensitivity, and switched from manual to auto for this one

Never thought that it got more understeer than GT5?

It's quite obvious. :rolleyes:

You are the first person that's faster than me in the first part. You're making me want to give it another try -.-
What is your second split time out of interest? 11.X?

I may gave this another go one day, I think it is possible to do potentially under 23.5 time if I maybe change degrees of rotation on steering wheel from 900 degrees to something a lot lower. So much potential with SRF and this car.

What is your second split time out of interest? 11.X?

I may gave this another go one day, I think it is possible to do potentially under 23.5 time if I maybe change degrees of rotation on steering wheel from 900 degrees to something a lot lower. So much potential with SRF and this car.
I forgot to save my gold replay, I only had one replay that I recorded of a ****** attempt. I put a wheel on the grass exiting turn 2, lifted and got 13.2. I remember my gold attempt having two arrows in length or more on the map behind my car, so it must be either low 12s or high 11s.

You're right, SRF makes it easy to brake late, catch the slide and accelerate very early without any wheelspin. I think the best thing would be using a DS3 in the first 3 turns then a wheel through the barriers. Give it a try and post a video :D

My fist time to the finish was gold. But I tried like 20x with DS3 and maybe 8x with wheel before making it to the finish. I was trying way too hard though, and golded it by a decent margin.

27.8 with wheel on 2nd go. Miss judged the hay bails first go. Pretty easy compared to vettel challenge. Wouldn't dream of doing it with ds3, and possible to go faster......if i had more faith instead of lifting.

29.8 after about 10 attempts. (keep calm, try 4th gear everywhere except for the slowdown left, take your time to decelerate, and the rest is gravy) downshift from/to LOW rpm's. keep it tame.

The reward car (Citroen GT) understeers on corner entry, but is a carver on exit. how do we tune cars to behave on corner exit as such? it's as if they are power limited and don't spin wheels when pedal is mashed. Every other car I take to track, wants to lose rubber on apex exit.

I forgot to save my gold replay, I only had one replay that I recorded of a ****** attempt. I put a wheel on the grass exiting turn 2, lifted and got 13.2. I remember my gold attempt having two arrows in length or more on the map behind my car, so it must be either low 12s or high 11s.

You're right, SRF makes it easy to brake late, catch the slide and accelerate very early without any wheelspin. I think the best thing would be using a DS3 in the first 3 turns then a wheel through the barriers. Give it a try and post a video :D
The one in replay I uploaded was probably a 11.3XX, my best is a low 11.2XX . I think Tidgney video posted earlier in thread was a 11.5XX, can't remember other ones.

Wheel doesn't seem that bad, just 900 degrees of rotation on this course makes it a bit too hard to get everything out of the car I think, lowering degrees of rotation I think will help to be able to gain a bit on a few corners a bit more easily.

I don't really play with DS3, I can only imagine how frustrating experience it will be with this car on this track. If you can go lower than 11.2XX for second split, then that is really impressive.

Finally completed a few laps! Had to change to auto, 35.5 ! new world record(my world) ! All about trusting the car in the turns....which I cant yet......you slow down>>> you oversteer and crash - ds3

The new Aero Dynamic model makes the RB a very good challenge to drive. Downforce builds with speed, so the faster you're going, the more stable a car is going to be through a turn and the more speed you can carry. Of course... the faster you go the harder it is to drive.

So it's a balancing act, you can't slow down too much or the car will have a hard time turning which will force you to slow down even more. The trick is to go as fast as you feel comfortable going, remembering that the faster you go, the higher the RB's limits go.

Could only get bronze up to just now then decided to switch to automatic gears just to see the difference… and what a difference it makes!!!

The game can change gears a lot quicker than me lol worse part is that i now sit at 31.086 :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Struggling to do a clean run at the minute so instead of getting raged gona leave it a few days and come back to it. I'm sure i'll gold it sooner or later.

Using DS3 by the way!

I'm on Goodwood 4's right now. man am I definitely not looking forward to driving this thing.

I struggle with some of the other high powered cars on this narrow and stupid little track so the X2011 will be the end of me haha

After close to 100 tries finally golded this. Got bronze the other day came back and finally made a clean run. I think I am the only one here using a hks controller.

29.8 after about 10 attempts. (keep calm, try 4th gear everywhere except for the slowdown left, take your time to decelerate, and the rest is gravy) downshift from/to LOW rpm's. keep it tame.

The reward car (Citroen GT) understeers on corner entry, but is a carver on exit. how do we tune cars to behave on corner exit as such? it's as if they are power limited and don't spin wheels when pedal is mashed. Every other car I take to track, wants to lose rubber on apex exit.
Like the X cars it's "imaginary" so it probably a magic diff. Could explain the understeer during turn-in.

--

It's "imaginary" until it goes full production.
The one in replay I uploaded was probably a 11.3XX, my best is a low 11.2XX . I think Tidgney video posted earlier in thread was a 11.5XX, can't remember other ones.

Wheel doesn't seem that bad, just 900 degrees of rotation on this course makes it a bit too hard to get everything out of the car I think, lowering degrees of rotation I think will help to be able to gain a bit on a few corners a bit more easily.

I don't really play with DS3, I can only imagine how frustrating experience it will be with this car on this track. If you can go lower than 11.2XX for second split, then that is really impressive.
Second split, you mean the second sector? The first sector, right before the heavy braking, I'm sure I can manage/beat 11.2. Maybe even after the exit of that heavy braking point. Through and after the barriers though, I don't think I can. The reason I slowed down is because I kept touching the barriers on either. My best and last run at full speed actually ended on the left side barrier right before the finish line. I'd turned hard to avoid lifting in the last left kink, but couldn't straighen the car fast enough.

Second split, you mean the second sector? The first sector, right before the heavy braking, I'm sure I can manage/beat 11.2. Maybe even after the exit of that heavy braking point. Through and after the barriers though, I don't think I can. The reason I slowed down is because I kept touching the barriers on either. My best and last run at full speed actually ended on the left side barrier right before the finish line. I'd turned hard to avoid lifting in the last left kink, but couldn't straighen the car fast enough.
It is second split time as it adds both first and second sectors together. Like I said before I will be really impressed if you can equal or beat 11.2 . Only way I think is to carry a lot of speed in turn 1 but even then turn 2 becomes harder to do. Exit of heavy braking point is where I left a lot of time on that lap, I remember looking half way through lap and seeing my ghost car on map not being behind as much as it normally is, maybe lost 1.5 tenths than speed I usually do it. I suppose it is a reasonably fast lap without much lawn mowing though :lol:.

It is second split time as it adds both first and second sectors together. Like I said before I will be really impressed if you can equal or beat 11.2 . Only way I think is to carry a lot of speed in turn 1 but even then turn 2 becomes harder to do. Exit of heavy braking point is where I left a lot of time on that lap, I remember looking half way through lap and seeing my ghost car on map not being behind as much as it normally is, maybe lost 1.5 tenths than speed I usually do it. I suppose it is a reasonably fast lap without much lawn mowing though :lol:.
Your lap is still impressive. I never get near my TB. If I do great in the first sectors I then get too careful, if I don't do so great in the first sectors I pull crazy times at the end. I'll give 11.2 a try when I get a chance :)

5-3 is ridiculous with DS3. And PD can 🤬 themselves for doing such a thing. Goodwood and X2010...
Lord March, did you know that?

I know it is too sensitive I have all gold except the Audi 5-2 and this X10 one I couldn't even get silver and I'm not gonna try because I slip off too easily with that thing.

It's hard but I think I could get it done eventually.

Back