Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
I did it this morning. I got Silver on the first try then hit the barrier once, ran off track once then switched to automatic so I could focus more on driving rather than shifting, hit the barrier once then got Gold on the next run.

I actually had more trouble with the R18 and the most trouble with the Aston One

The X2010 is a completely different car compared in GT5. Grip and/or downforce is way down. So is braking - in GT5 you need to brake way after turn-in, no longer in GT6.

As a result I found the car to be easier to drive now, more 'normal' and less alien.

I look forward to this person to try this in GT6. I suspect it will be more than 3:29. :) Notice from 0:45 to 1:30 he never touched the brakes!

I did it! After one hour and rage quitting the game. I have finally done it with a DS3!

Manual gearbox
Racing Line: On (I usually turn it off)
Traction Control: 1
Sensitivity: 7

I hope I don't have to do it again for a long time!

ka2JIRW.jpg

28:445 :D

Just 5th , 4th , 3rd , 4th , 5th 6th ,etc all the way :P

It was the first time I completed it , the others I always was crashing on the first corner xD

I was having great trouble with this event as well.
Eventually managed gold.
I use a DS3. I had Mild ASM, Traction on 1 and driving line on.
Got a 32 second run in and then used the ghost to get gold. Took a good hour before I got gold.
Keep going it is possible

What helped me is understanding just how fast you can actually go in that thing. It's insane! I was struggling then watched a YouTube vid of someone doing it in a crazy time, realised how fast it can actually go around corners and then did it in 3 attempts.

If you are not averse to using aids then this is a lot easier with ASM on mild and possibly even turning the steering sensitivity down. Just remember the lower you have TC the faster it is, and with SRF and ASM it is pretty difficult to get the back out. I only just golded it but am not interested in carrying on to lower my time.

Took me a couple of hours to get gold using ds3! Usually use manual gears but had to give in to auto. A few choice words helped me along the way.

I golded it at my first lap...ok, at my first complete lap after 20 tries, i mean. :lol:
There's no room for mistakes on a tiny road like that with an x1, so you have to learn how to do every single turn with just one movement, basically, expecially the long left turn. After that one you can basically go full speed, just leave the gas if you're not sure. 2nd gear on the first two turns, you need to be careful when you brake for the left turn, it's earlier than what it seems but you lose a lot of time if it's too early.

Back