GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
@PApunk924

Porsche 919 Hybrid

:D
Is that a Countach hybrid I am unaware of? Because if it isn’t ...
D000C9C3-C06D-481A-B2C4-F89FB266BDA5.jpeg

@PApunk924 I saw a tire tracker earlier in the thread, but don't see it on the Gr3 Hub. I am probably just missing it.

Since I did not use RS at Alsace, and I joined with 5 races left, does that mean I still have 5 sets left, or do we not accrue one set for this WC race and I have 4? I assume 4, since everyone starts with 8 for the full season and there are 8 races not including the 2 WC. The tire rules didn't except WC races in 3.4.

3.4- When new drivers join they will be allotted one (1) set of Racing Softs (RS) tires for each race remaining in the current season.

Thanks.

@PApunk924 I saw a tire tracker earlier in the thread, but don't see it on the Gr3 Hub. I am probably just missing it.

Since I did not use RS at Alsace, and I joined with 5 races left, does that mean I still have 5 sets left, or do we not accrue one set for this WC race and I have 4? I assume 4, since everyone starts with 8 for the full season and there are 8 races not including the 2 WC. The tire rules didn't except WC races in 3.4.

3.4- When new drivers join they will be allotted one (1) set of Racing Softs (RS) tires for each race remaining in the current season.

Thanks.

The WC races and the rain race at Red Bull do not count towards your tire allotment. If you did not use any RS at Alsace that you would leave you with 5 sets of RS for the last 3 races of the season.

Thanks.

I'll buy a couple sets off you... Do you accept milage points?

Thanks for the clarification.

Well I think it is that you have 4 sets remaining, since you joined for All Zahss week, but what do I know. (Alsace, Nurb GP, Bathurst, and Spa. The wildcard round at the Chicane of Engine Damage does not count, and you can run RS all day there).

Well I think it is that you have 4 sets remaining, since you joined for All Zahss week, but what do I know. (Alsace, Nurb GP, Bathurst, and Spa. The wildcard round at the Chicane of Engine Damage does not count, and you can run RS all day there).

That's why I asked. It's not 1 for 1 though, as you get 8 sets of RS for 7 races where you can use them. 10 races - 2 WC and 1 rain race is 7 races to use 8 sets of RS.

Essentially if you start the season from the beginning you get 1 set per race plus a bonus.

Not to be a stickler but the rule regarding new drivers doesn't say remaining races not including WC or rain. You could theoretically get 9 sets by joining at the second race, except that the rules stipulate no more than 8 sets of RS unless additional races beyond the original 10 are added.

In the end it won't matter that much, I joined too late to gain meaningful championship points, and am slow enough that unlimited RS for me wouldn't be a big threat.

I just don't want to leave RS unused if I have them.

That's why I asked. It's not 1 for 1 though, as you get 8 sets of RS for 7 races where you can use them. 10 races - 2 WC and 1 rain race is 7 races to use 8 sets of RS.

Essentially if you start the season from the beginning you get 1 set per race plus a bonus.

Not to be a stickler but the rule regarding new drivers doesn't say remaining races not including WC or rain. You could theoretically get 9 sets by joining at the second race, except that the rules stipulate no more than 8 sets of RS unless additional races beyond the original 10 are added.

In the end it won't matter that much, I joined too late to gain meaningful championship points, and am slow enough that unlimited RS for me wouldn't be a big threat.

I just don't want to leave RS unused if I have them.

Very astute observation, fixed it to make it more clear :cheers::cheers:

upload_2021-4-12_12-47-20.png

Here's and idea, just use the GT Sport rules that came with the game. Use the BOP it has. If a car is to good than remove it as a car choice. If we all are on the same tires than WE are all given the same ability. Make this league simple and attractive to all. Rooms will be full. No more BOP management. IMO.

Last edited:
Its the first season where we have had the new tire rules, ballast, wildcards and a rain race all in the same schedule so I appreciate you all being understanding as we try to make the rules seem appropriate and fun for everyone :cheers::cheers:

No worries of course. If this were SCCA, NASA or F1 I'd lodge a protest. :cheers: If it were any of those though they'd have attorneys making the rules and tons of fine print. Racing regs are like tax code, finding the loopholes and operating in the grey area is how race teams gain advantage.

Since it is a GT Sport league, I think the spirit of the law is most important, and I enjoy competing on an equal footing.

I quite like the idea of managing your RS allotment through the season, and that being there from the start nets you a bonus set of RS.

That us why I chose not to use RS at Alsace, so that I had an "extra" set for one of the remaining races. I didn't expect to get an allotment for the WC.

@Xradkins
Good in theory but bad in practice... Every league I've joined with GT BoP you get half way into a season and PD bones you with a nerf. The attraction to this league, at least for me, was not having PD involved. Side note: the ballast doesn't seem to make much difference either lol but just my .02

Last edited:
@Xradkins
Good in theory but bad in practice... Every league I've joined with GT BoP you get half way into a season and PD bones you with a nerf. The attraction to this league, at least for me, was not having PD involved. Side note: the ballast doesn't seem to make much difference either lol but just my .02
And rooms aren't full.

Also, we have data accrued over many seasons. The change in tire and ballast rules spiked our attendance. Before the rules the rooms were getting smaller and less participation. "Simple" isn't always simple.

Well said :cheers::cheers:

and @Double_Apex we will increase the ballast penalties for next season as per your suggestion :sly::sly: lol kidding, but we may bounce that idea around.

Back