Gran Turismo 1 Videos

Hello again,

New WTF video, with the A.I. doing funny things. Funny or sad?

Timeline:
0:38 to 2:43 : A.I. NSX stuck for 2 laps in the chicane of doom at Special Stage Route 11 II, during "Tuned Car Cup" event,
1:13 to 1:29 : Other cars running above (right window),
1:45 to 2:05 : running in the background (left window),
0:15 : flying A.I. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. III GSR

The Nissan SilEighty versus Megaspeed Cup. Quite easy with a Race-Modified car, but a little bit challenging with a non-RM one. I wonder if one couldn't beat the R33 at High Speed Ring II (with a sub 50sec 2nd lap), but I didn't manage this...

Hi,

New silly vid' about pit lanes & the A.I. (who said I've got a prob with it? Well it's true!)
Even if Special Stage Route 11 has an official pit lane, it's a struggle for the opponent you've put in there to get out ;)

I have decided to play through the entire Gran Turismo 1 game.
This was the game growing up that got me into Racing Games, so holds a high place in my heart.
I hope you enjoy the series & be sure to let me know what you think of it & share your best Gran Turismo memories in the comments! ;)

Hey,

I'll be there to follow this for sure! Also I personally hope we'll see some challenging things, like the Normal Cup WITHOUT a Viper, same for Megaspeed or Tuned Cup without the eternal 900hpish GTO ... ;)
Well done for the B-Class tests, good luck with the A & iA !

Hey,

I'll be there to follow this for sure! Also I personally hope we'll see some challenging things, like the Normal Cup WITHOUT a Viper, same for Megaspeed or Tuned Cup without the eternal 900hpish GTO ... ;)
Well done for the B-Class tests, good luck with the A & iA !

Cheers Mouc!

I'll attempt everything without or with as little tuning as possible, make it challnging!
Although I fear for this series already, we are spoilt with great physics these days, so going back to this is difficult! :lol:

Nice ;)
Hope I don't spoil anything, but the Clubman Cup is fun with full stock 276hp cars (example here, but maybe you've seen that in the thread already) , GT Cup is doable with a full stock Viper (GTS or RT/10), maybe with a Nismo 400R, but I didn't manage to win with it. Also some great men win the Tuned Cup with an Eclipse...
Or the Normal Car with a VR-4 !!!
I just love GT 1 physics. For sure many things are overreacted, but every car can be really finely tuned to fit your driving style and the tracks you run on :)

Hello again,

I still have my psychological prob' with the pit lanes in GT1, as you can see.
Copy-paste from Youtube description: since last time I was wondering what would happen if an opponent were pushed in the pits whereas it's not its programmed change-tires lap (12th & 24th lap for a Lantis, during All Night 1).

Bonus: almost melting Lantis & DB7 @ 1:24
The DB7 is an hybrid from Sir Submaniac, by the way (695hp - 1242kg - 6-speed adjustable gearbox) ;)

Part 2 of my GT play through is here! My Twitch chat helps me buy my first car & with that we go & compete in the Sunday Cup!

Well done, nice vid' :)
The RX-7 FC is a good ride, you can go quite far in the game with it and win everything you can enter (except maybe the Normal Car Cup).

Well done, nice vid' :)
The RX-7 FC is a good ride, you can go quite far in the game with it and win everything you can enter (except maybe the Normal Car Cup).

I was playing today & struggled, stupidly spent my CR between the RX7 & Demio rather than on just one of them. So now neither is good enough for the next set of races.
Struggled with the general gameplay & car control! Need to fine tune something to make me play a little better.

Hey,

For me, options parts to get as soon as you can are the slicks tires, the straight muffler & air filter, and the weight reduction stages. Just after that, racing brakes, tuned rom and maybe turbo stage 1 (or racing suspensions).
And you have the Sunday Cup to win some easy money (I think everyone here has sold at least a dozen of Demio A-Spec in its very first "Gran Turismo" playthrough... :D )
The RX-7 will win every high end races once fully & correctly tuned, and the A-Spec can dominate the FF and Lightweight challenges (and even the Clubman Cup & GT Cup, but with kind of heavy tuning)

RX-7 win sunday cup without upgrades, and sell demio more times as sunday cup more times to farm money, and then with money got upgrade old RX-7 turbo stage 2, weight reducton stage 1-2, intercooler, don't need tyres or sospension, and maybe only add brakes and is enough to dominate on Clubman Cup (more than enough), and then re-do clubman cup sell the camaro, but leave the other one you win when you did clubman cup first time because you will need it for other championship, but you can sell one of the 2, and with all money you get if you have more than 85,000 you can buy the Viper GTS or RT/10 and dominate on Normal Car Championship with it. You will get so much money that you can tune Demio A-spec (if one is left unselled of the many you sold depending of how many time you won sunday championship) and tune the demio a-spec heavily and you can win FF challenge without too much problems as the lightweight cake K cup too... and then the rest is pretty intuitive :)
Can tune rx7 even more or re-do normal car championship with stock viper for farm money and with it buy new cars tune them and do FR, 4WD, US VS Japanese, Japanese VS ENG, ENG VS US events, megaspeed cup and Hard tuned car championship (I suggest a full tuned new RX-7 Aspec or Skylines or a GTO for it) and then do the endurance races with a racing model you won in previous championship depending which prize cars you got, a Cerbera LM, or RX-7 A spec LM, or a Dogde concept car LM, Chaser LM etc.

And so GT1 is done :)

Before attempting the A Class licenses I tried using the RX7 & Demio in a few different races but they are well off the pace.
So I decided to give the Licenses a bash & come back to the career races in a later video.

I will need to do some grinding to tune up the RX7 & Demio to compete in these races!
Cheers for the tips folk! :cheers:

[...] but [RX-7 & Demio] are well off the pace. [...] I will need to do some grinding to tune up the RX7 & Demio to compete in these races!
I can't agree with that! I just checked, the FR Challenge & Clubman cup are quite easy with soft slicks, racing muffler and the modded ROM. Then add the Turbo Stage 2 and the Weight Reduction Stage 1, and the GT Cup is clearly doable :)

Hi,

I recently discovered (I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I know :| ) that sometimes for a GT World Cup, you have no serious opponents, but cars like a Lantis, Exiv, Primera, Evo IV GSR or Celica GT-Four (which is more an SS II with a Castrol livery, by the way: even the entry list says: "FF" for a drive-train, and the power is 326hp)
So I decided to win the series with an Accord Wagon, and the question is: what does mean the "XJR" sign on the bonnet? Makes me think of a Jaguar reference, but not to a Honda related thing...
Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea :)

The Celica GT-Four is actually entirely Exiv 200GT underneath. For some reason it's got a body swap. On the Japanese version, it's correctly programmed, and it's a pretty mean opponent.
As for the XJR logo, i have no idea. The Yamaha XJR's logo has a similar typography, but i doubt that's it. It's a real logo too...
IN18001RA-4.jpg

Last edited:
I can't agree with that! I just checked, the FR Challenge & Clubman cup are quite easy with soft slicks, racing muffler and the modded ROM. Then add the Turbo Stage 2 and the Weight Reduction Stage 1, and the GT Cup is clearly doable :)

I've been away for a little while so will be coming back to this shortly! Seems like tyres are a big thing moving forward.

Good job with the final race. You caught the leader before the very last hairpin, and did a power slide across the finish just like I do sometimes.

Hi,

I recently discovered that sometimes for a GT World Cup, you have no serious opponents, but cars like a Lantis, Exiv, Primera, Evo IV GSR or Celica GT-Four (which is more an SS II with a Castrol livery, by the way: even the entry list says: "FF" f

I seem to remember this too! :lol:

Good job with the final race. You caught the leader before the very last hairpin, and did a power slide across the finish just like I do sometimes.
Let's be honest, you're not playing GT properly if you don't slide across the finish line! :cool:

Hey Sir Parnelli Bone, quite a long time!
Have you checked the longest flight ever in Gran Turismo I posted recently? ;)

Although, this is a little more impressive! :lol:

Very nice, see there is finally PROOF of UFOs in the first Gran Turismo!

You have inspired me to get my Hodgepodge hooked up and post a new video. (Three hours later....)

The framerate is a little choppy. Keep in mind I really had to struggle to get this to work at all. I don't know what I did 'right' back when I made videos a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back