Gran Turismo 1 Videos

267 mph is fast... My personal record is 264. And yes, it seems that 270 is possible:

About the "Sough Challenge" above: a used Honda CR-X EF-8 Si-R could be a good alternative to Civic/FTO (at least in PAL version, not sure it's included in the NTSC-U used dealership). Sometimes you can buy it for 5110 Cr, and for around 22000 Cr more, it's totally able to win LightWeight and FF cup :)

Recently found out that 250 Mph (400 km/h) is possible with a non-RM Dodge RT/10 (and drafting and the adequate opponents line-up :) )

The Lantis Incident

Whatever 'Yota Supra R-Douche or CerbeFart!! Smoke ya all with my no-torque Castrol-Nismo-MugenSpeed Lantis Type-R!!! :mad:
(except @ High Speed Ring)

0:00 Trial Mountain
4:26 Special Stage Route 5
8:43 High Speed Ring
11:47 Grand Valley East II
15:09 Special Stage Route 11

Later: US vs Jp is winnable also (little bit harder)

Last edited:
Random tidbit. The lantis bodykit in GT1 and 2 is of the Mazdaspeed A-spec. With the JTCC livery of course. Ufufu~
D2ecgK_WwAE3MKD.jpg

Great document! :)
I remember as a 12 y.o. "living-room-rebel" in the early nineties, I used to say "bah, Japanese cars..." until the day one red Mazda 323 (Lantis) arrived in the neighborhood; then telling myself: "hum, this one is cool, even cooler than usual European ones..."
Few months after the "Red Lantis Incident" I received as a gift a book dedicated to GT cars, including the first generation of NSX, with all technical details, phantom views of the chassis and engine, a V-Tech explanation and so on. Well after that and some other articles about RX-7, JTCC Skylines etc... I used to say "bah, European cars..." :D

Sub, would you please try for us a GT World Cup with an [R]Lantis? I can't do it (eternal 2nd at the end even with a low opponents grid), but I'm pretty sure you can :)
Settings used for Nations Series above (if needed :embarrassed: ):

Springs: 4.3 | 2.6
Height: 115 | 115
Dampers: 4 | 4
Camber: 3° | 1°
Stab: 5 | 5
Brakes: 11 | 13

Gears:
1st: 4.4 | 2nd: 2.6 | 3rd: 1.7 | 4th: 1.3 | 5th: 1 | Final: 3.5 (but I wonder if the SuperClose tranny isn't better :boggled: )

Aero:
0.40 | 0.35

Last edited:
Yeah I ran on PAL because of that difference. If it's doable on PAL, it is on JP/USA. And I did it~ Though it took 2 tries. Video is rendering right now, i'll post it when it's uploaded ^^
As for the Megaspeed... I have a fun video incoming where i beat it with a stock R33 V-spec on JP haha

EDIT: Finally up~

I have the car a wash at the ed but forgot to include it in the video oh well.
I had this interesting glitch on the first run where when i passed the finish line on Trial Mountain, Ash's song started playing rather then jingle lol

Last edited:
Well, congratulations overall. :bowdown:
And also for the smart gearing :) Well done, it allows you to stay in high-rpm power-band in the hairpins (with 2nd gear), same for high-speed bends (3rd gear). Just perfect 👍 . Also thanks, we now have something to opposite to all the Lantis haters around the world, or more locally to those talking in the "worst car in GT1" thread :gtpflag:

Much much less challenging (except maybe the first race?): the Megaspeed Cup with a non-RM Corvette '96 :)

Sorry, me again!
This maybe could have its place here but I didn't dare, the thread is quite old... Well if it must be changed, it will be.

I was quietly trying to beat the GT Cup with a Galant VR-G (who said "sado-masochism" ?? - who said Submaniac or Sough could do that? ;) ) when it happened: the AI Supra melting with the NSX (right after a flight for the NSX)
No, it's not a new way to create hybrids - don't want to be blamed for this, it's pure coincidence :)

Funny to imagine the cars staying glued together... And crossing the finish line... Which of the hitboxes would have made it?

lmao! wow yeah it happens from time to time. x)
As for beating anything with a VR-G... well i've been challenged so i'll see what i can do

I'm sure you can :) . Dirty driving accepted. Furthermore, my poor skills and me managed several times a 2nd position @ every 3 first races; and the last one (Trial Mountain) is a piece of cake, you know that A.I. is quite bad on this track ;)

Today's small challenge: win the Megaspeed Cup with a non-RM MR2 from Toyota.

and a short bonus:

For those who say that the NSX is hard to control, my advice is try to tame an MR2! :crazy:

Hey!
Megaspeed (again) beaten by a non-RM Cerbera. Not crazy? But 1st at HSR II, against the R33 :) (I'm a lil' bit proud this time)

After 4000 game days, it's a long time everything's done, it's time to have fun. Have you tried "The Clubman Cup Experience"?
Found out this "A License" series is quite fun, super-easy as soon as you get 250 hp & semi-racing tires*, but if you keep your car "Stock", it's a little bit like a shortened Normal Car Cup, I'd say :)
Obviously, it's a total overkill with any TVR or Dodge Viper... For me, it starts to be challenging with a Corvette.

Special dedication for Submaniac (what about the Galant VR-P.O.S. challenge, Sir? ;) ), a split-screen vid' of the great Prize Car Subaru Impreza '96 against a red wagon one:

And a playlist on Youtube with:
- stock Corvette'96
- stock Impreza'96 Sedan WRX STi Version III (Prize Car)
- stock TRD 3000GT (Prize Car)
- stock Nismo GT-R LM (Prize Car)
- stock NSX Type S Zero
- stock Supra RZ (Prize Car)
- stock R32 Skyline'91 GT-R (Prize Car)
- stock Aston Martin DB7 (Prize Car)
- stock Dodge Concept Car (Copperhead) (B License Prize Car)
- stock Toyota Supra 70 TurboR (JZA70)

*Yes, an Aston Martin DB7 can win the series, with only semi-racing H/H tires :boggled: :D
Edit 05/25/2020: a stock Aston Martin DB7 Coupé can win it, finally.

Last edited:
And that's a Chaser in my garage~
Galant VRG challenge 100% beat. All 4 wins. Vs NSX, Griffith 500, Impreza Ver III, Lancer Evo IV, Supra RZ.
I saved the replays and will edit the video whenever i can. Galant VRG is so slowwwww

EDIT: since i didn't have too much trouble with the race modded Galant VRG, I tried it again, with a non-RMed VRG. Won 3/4 races, only narrowly missing that one race because i hit the NSX in front of me, losing me speed. I got lucky with the exact same grid haha

Last edited:
Wow, I'm starting to be jealous ;)
Congratulations in advance!
Would be nice to see also the Non-RM Galant, please... If you kept the replays.
One additional proof that all is about driving, in GT 1. World Cup with a Lantis, GT Cup with a VR-G. Next one: GT Worlds with a DB7? Worst: a DB7 Volante?

Waiting for your lines and braking spots, a new handful of Megaspeed Cup with non-RMed cars:
Nissan Fairlady Z (love this one, the engine sound is great, also the car 'except the weight...)

Mazda RX-7 A-Spec: superb thing, almost same power to weight than the A.I. NSX Type S, but the 0 downforce bug (bug? or voluntary tidbit to let the player find out than the RZ is the best RX-7?) makes it a lil'bit challenging (for me). Also the suspension setup to minimize bouncing is strange...

Supra MA70 (not the JZA70 Turbo R usually in the opponents list). Against the RZ one. Almost got nailed @HSR II

Mazda RX-7 A-Spec: superb thing, almost same power to weight than the A.I. NSX Type S, but the 0 downforce bug (bug? or voluntary tidbit to let the player find out than the RZ is the best RX-7?) makes it a lil'bit challenging (for me).

Definitely a bug - the downforce value is basically completely unset, so it's been forgotten about and missed when setting up the car physics. Easy enough to fix though.

:bowdown:
I think I'm starting to understand your gearing, for low cars. You voluntary set the 5th for a shift-up around 200km/h (125mph), and never use it until there's a long straight, if possible with a drafting possibility... This way, you still have a bit of acceleration in the slopes or high-speed bends. Is that it?

Maybe? Honestly i just go by the looks. For a car with low gears and low acceleration, I try to keep the acceleration as high as I can, so I mostly look at the graph for where the gears will start after a shift, and how fast in theory it can go. A car like this, I know I won't use 1st gear beyond the initial launch, so I purposefully make it pretty long, but then i can use that initial speed for a close ratio 2-3-4 and a 5th that's here for when I can use it in a straight yeah. It's mostly unconscious because i go just as much for the sound of the revs than the practicality haha

Well, congratulations anyway, you're a killer at Gran Turismo :)

Much less impressive (what's totally impressive is how bad is the steering of the car :crazy: ), the GT Cup versus the least powerful FR car in the game, the Eunos Roadster '89 Normal:

No NSX, no Viper GTS in the grid, so it's quite a duel with the lonely TVR Griffith...
First time I got this by the way. I was certain that the NSX was a "mandatory" opponent (like in MegaSpeed Cup)...

The Pit Lane Incident.

The A.I. visibly doesn't remember that there's a pit lane at Test Course. It got stuck with the Lancer for more than 10 minutes in here (no such things on the other tracks equipped with pit lanes :) )

Olol you managed to get a car in there heh. The pitlane doesn't have a built path so cars just can't use it at all, hence why it got stuck trying to get to the road the whole time

Right :)
Yeah, I needed a bit more than a week with different rides, and the Lancer EVO III is quite good at sliding. The A.I. faces some trouble to put it back on the track...
I like this car, with its "FF" layout bug. You can even win the Megaspeed Cup with a non-RM one (but it must be yellow :) )

:3 Demio-chan isn't as bad as people make her out to be. (Demio LX G on SSR11 II enduro, PAL)

Copy pasta from description:
"Polyphony Digital nerfed a lot of weights, mostly on already lightweight cars when going through the different releases of GT1.
In the case of all 3 non-special Demio, PD only nerfed the weight of the race modifications on PAL... which makes stage 3 weight lighter than RM!
The LX G package also has this "quirk" in which its stage 3 Turbo actually gives it more low end torque rather than not.
This makes it the best non-race modded Demio in the game. Its power to weight ratio is better than a lot of cars like Civic SiR, MX5s and the Concept Car, fully tuned with RM!
A true overlooked car lol
Okay, jokes aside, it's pretty weak still. It can manage this enduro and that's about it in terms of high end races. Which is already impressive in itself. "

Masterpiece!
What was your average lap time? around1.56 or 1.57 ?
I had never noticed that the Supra had a 3 pit stops strategy (bad choice!)
The cornering speed of the Demio LX is incredible. 200 km/h (125mph) in the Chicane of Doom... !!!

I didn't really calculate my average but i's around 1.56 yeah. Perfect laps are low 1.55. Fastest lap was 1.54.787

EDIT: I believe i've mentioned how my way of holding the steering carved grooves on my controller right? Well this is how it looks today haha
Spoilered because it's a huge image
unknown.png

Last edited:
Back