Gran Turismo 1 Videos

That is true about the camber. I'd often go really high ... 5 to 7 degrees, as long as the car was not front-drive. I should post a Viper video next, you'll be able to see a lot of camber on that baby.

I think I used an SVX here because they're so 'safe' to drive, know what I mean? They're like military tanks with their traction.

Your turn. ::lol:

Last edited:
My turn? Last one before the Holy Turkey.
So it's a total over-murder-kill of the death of the GV 300 Endurace. With the most aggressive bodykit of the game, the one of the '97 NSX "race-modified" (I think).
Timeline is in the Youtube description

Talking about camber, "safe to drive" and so on, and relatively to many posts/threads here on GT Planet where many people complain about the fact that the NSX is hard to drive, I'd like to post my settings for that car; with them, I personally find that it's not only easy to drive, but also very, very good. Maybe the car with the best cornering speed of the game.

Spring Rate 3.4 | 4.1
Ride Height 103 | 103
Damper 5 | 5
Camber 1° | 2.5°
Stabilizer 4 | 5
Brake 10 | 4

1st 3.1
2nd 2.0
3rd 1.450
4th 1.150
5th 0.950
6th 0.800
Final 4.35

Aero 0.40 0.72

My turn? Last one before the Holy Turkey.
So it's a total over-murder-kill of the death of the GV 300 Endurace. With the most aggressive bodykit of the game, the one of the '97 NSX "race-modified" (I think).
Timeline is in the Youtube description

Talking about camber, "safe to drive" and so on, and relatively to many posts/threads here on GT Planet where many people complain about the fact that the NSX is hard to drive, I'd like to post my settings for that car; with them, I personally find that it's not only easy to drive, but also very, very good. Maybe the car with the best cornering speed of the game.

Spring Rate 3.4 | 4.1
Ride Height 103 | 103
Damper 5 | 5
Camber 1° | 2.5°
Stabilizer 4 | 5
Brake 10 | 4

1st 3.1
2nd 2.0
3rd 1.450
4th 1.150
5th 0.950
6th 0.800
Final 4.35

Aero 0.40 0.72

I think the NSX has two RMs in GT1. There's one model available for every NSX up until the 1997 model year that's based on the NSX LM GT2 Racing Model, while the other that you used is for the new model NSX's from the dealership and is visually a representation of the very first factory-backed Honda NSX's that raced in the Japan Garnd Touring Car Championship.

Also, I think I need to look into making video content of my own, because I have had a hankering to play both this game and Gran Turismo 2 again and really use lesser-known or oddball cars for the series that use Racing Modifications and Specail Racing Models.

That's right, the older NSXs' have this kind of Racing Modification, and are quite identical in the shapes to the Special Model from the Honda dealership.

Much less aggressive... But they're good racers, for me as good as the "new" ones, despite less power.
:)

It's my belief that the 3.0 NSX RMs are based on the 1995 PIAA NSX GT2, though with the right design, but not widebody.
honda-nsx-gt2-n85-24-heures-du-mans-1995.jpg

As for the 3.2L NSXes, they're the 1997 JGTC Kit based on the test car
61902.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, I have an endurance to watch today as I eat some lunch.

Yes I am one who found the NSX too difficult to drive, but maybe this is because my skills back in 2003-4 (when I played the original GT) are not what they are today. Thanks for posting those settings. I am noticing your choice of camber and brake settings are interesting.

Submaniac -- yes, you should post some more original GT content. :cheers: I have plenty of GT2 videos too, but I want to post most of the original stuff first. And here is today's video from me.

Notice I launch in second gear instead of first. :eek: Otherwise, this is not my best work, in fact I lost this race to an NSX. :mad: At this point, I was good at GT tracks, but not so much at the reversed versions. But this race is an example of some front camber on my red Viper, from back in the day. Not as much as I used on that Subaru, but you can see more than 2.0 up front for sure.

Last edited:
You're welcome, any feedback will be appreciated ;)
I think the prob with NSXs' in GT1 is that there's "too much steering" ! In the stock form, it's OK, but as soon as you get some additional power and/or grip, it gives you problems, handling wise.
That's why in the [R] mode, I create some understeering by decreasing the downforce at the front, while in the heavy-tuned form, I try to stabilize the rear wheels (2.5° camber) and reduce the grip at the front (0°) .
Same for the springs: the steering capacity is so big on these cars that I find it's not a problem to put very low figures for springs, and this helps to avoid bouncing.
Same for stabilizers (if you decrease by one or two both front & rear, the car is bouncing a bit less, I find)
For the brakes, I think NSXs' are amongst the few cars in GT1 for which you just don't need brakes at the rear, because it creates something unstable just before a corner, and that's not so good ;)

Nice fight with the GTS, @ Grand Valley II!
This track is hard and the AI is good, in the Tuned Cup. And GTS & RT/10 are absolute killers in the game, but as the [R] mode is quite easy to control (thanks to downforces), as for the hard-tuned form it's not obvious... :boggled:

I've just tried big figures for camber at front, on some of my cars, well... It doesn't fit my driving style! The steering response is increased for sure, but a bit too much for me. My "lines" get very bad (they're just bad, for now :D )
Also braking isn't as powerful as it was with small values. But it was nice to try :)

Grayfox I think I remember your name from years ago. :) That's pretty impressive, doing the entire game with prizes. That's some dedication. TMM would be proud, wherever he is.

I think the prob with NSXs' in GT1 is that there's "too much steering" ! In the stock form, it's OK, but as soon as you get some additional power and/or grip, it gives you problems, handling wise.
That's why in the [R] mode, I create some understeering by decreasing the downforce at the front, while in the heavy-tuned form, I try to stabilize the rear wheels (2.5° camber) and reduce the grip at the front (0°) .
Same for the springs: the steering capacity is so big on these cars that I find it's not a problem to put very low figures for springs, and this helps to avoid bouncing.
Same for stabilizers (if you decrease by one or two both front & rear, the car is bouncing a bit less, I find)
For the brakes, I think NSXs' are amongst the few cars in GT1 for which you just don't need brakes at the rear, because it creates something unstable just before a corner, and that's not so good ;)

Yes, the NSX in the first GT is like a wild horse, barely able to control. In the next game, and every other GT afterwards, it was still tricky to drive, but nowhere near as bad as in the first GT.

In fact in this first game, a lot of those settings really made a difference. Like, when I drove that purple Dodge Concept around the Test Track up above, that damn thing would bounce all over the place until finally it would go into a full spin right on the track's huge banked curves! :mad: I had no idea what was wrong. Finally I read some post (here at GTP, probably) which said to set all its springs low, and dampers no higher than 2. That fixed the problem.

In comparison, settings don't make such huge differences in any of the later games. It's not as easy to 'ruin' a car's handling through tuning, unless you're using a lot of power, and trying to set up something light, like an actual GTP racer.

Last edited:
It's good to see the old GT1 forum get some life again, and seeing PB back after so many years. Even now I still haven't surpassed your post count :lol:

Also, I think I need to look into making video content of my own, because I have had a hankering to play both this game and Gran Turismo 2 again and really use lesser-known or oddball cars for the series that use Racing Modifications and Specail Racing Models.

I found this site that lists all the GT1 RMs. I'd love to see a similar site cataloging GT2 RMs.
https://gtracemods.weebly.com/gran-turismo.html

Back when I was a kid, the NSX is my favourite in arcade mode. But when I went to buy the NSX-R GT LM in simulation mode, it just totally ruined my view of it. Totally undrivable. At Grand Valley T1 especially with its magnetic gravel trap, I would beach it everytime :lol: It's not until much much later, once I learned to gold all licenses, and switched to using analog sticks that I finally "tamed" the NSX LM (with stock settings too!).

I blame this phase of GT for my liking of extreme oversteer setups in all subsequent racing sims. In GT2 my favourite cars were Speed 12 and Ford GT90, that's all you need to know :lol:

Grayfox I think I remember your name from years ago. :) That's pretty impressive, doing the entire game with prizes. That's some dedication. TMM would be proud, wherever he is.

Was looking at the prize list and my mind just started to connect the dots.

Get this car>it can be used in these events>win this car
Car won from X> can be used in these events.

It all nearly failed when it came to the lightweight cup as the AE86 won from the Hard Tuned Cup being a special color could not be used in the lightweight cup, which was my original plan.
Luckily the Type R could be used which was won from the FF cup where I used the POS Demio A-Spec(who knew it had a purpose)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good to see you, LeGeNd-1. Funny thing is, I hit 10,000 posts in 2010 I think and so the few hundred posts after 10k are what I posted during the 2010s. Translation: I was very active here in the 2000s, to the point of obsession, but not so much during the last decade.

I also enjoyed the GT90, I remember learning to tame that wild beast. :eek: Everyone was saying how much that Ford sux, and to me that just raised the thought "I wonder if I can make it work." :w00t:

Well since we're all talking about the NSX, here is an NSX race. a very sloppy NSX race. I won it somehow, despite going into a full spin at the hairpin area of Route 5.

Last edited:
Still talking about NSXs, I finally nailed this red one in the Normal Car Cup with a GT-R LM :mad:
As usual, a bit of cheating and at the end some dents in the cars, for sure !

Autumn Ring Mini II: You clobbered that NSX, good job. Yes there are a few grass cuts but they're minor. You could have won even if you drove cleanly. Perhaps it's just nerves, eh?

Grand Valley East II: Uh oh, the NSX and Supra both get a jump on your LM! :mad: Cool. Mouc grabs the lead down the main straight. Did you notice the NSX was drafting you down this straight? Sometimes in GT5 cars will follow our draft, even if we try to avoid this, moving left to right, right to left as they try to overtake us with drafts. Not sure if they do this in the first game as well. Mouc is the winner! :cheers:

Clubman Route 5 II: Wow, look how much the GT-R oversteers in this game. Maybe because it's on normal tires. Come on, kill that NSX! .. Yes, the NSX screws up coming out of the tunnel. Slams the wall. It's victory for the GT-R. :cheers:

I must get back to work. Good job.

Last edited:
Ha thank you Mr. Bone! :embarrassed:
This is absolutely excellent to read :) . I'm also very honored that you watch the whole thing :bowdown:

Before doing the Clubman Cup I had attempted the FF Challenge with the Demio but to no avail. My driving ability let me down. So in the meantime I thought I'd do the Clubman Cup to garner some more credits before attempting the FF Challenge once again!

Enjoyed reading through this thread since my last post.
I think once I finish this playthrough I'll come back again & challenge myself with THE Wagon and some other cars! ;)
I do love a good wagon!

Well done! Nice racing lines. You clearly dominated that one :)
Now you have a serious car to win the Normal Car Cup: the Camaro (provided you don't have the NSX in the line-up). And then money won't be a problem "no more" .

Nice, more videos. : ) This thread is turning into a party! :cheers: evanzo you sound like you're Scottish? Irish? I get those two confused. I'm always impressed that people can talk & drive & make videos at the same time.

It's neat seeing Autumn Ring again. I haven't seen the full track in years in this game. Mostly I play GT5 & some GT6 nowadays. It's amazing how much the track hasn't changed. It seems all the proportions (the length of straight areas, for instance) are the same in newer games.

I agree with Mouc, you put some good moves down here and there. :cheers: Except for the end of Trial Mountain. Ha

Last edited:
[...]This thread is turning into a party! :cheers: [...]
So here's the "no reason" part of the party :) .
Has everyone seen all the Pit Stops in GT 1 ? I'm not sure. So I prepared a video to document this capital point.

Thank you for your attention. Please don't take account of my psychological problem with the pit stops. Thank you.

Autumn Ring: 0:00
Autumn Ring Mini: 0:42
Clubman Stage Route 5: 1:08
Deepforest Racing Way: 1:37
Grand Valley (+East): 2:11
High Speed Ring: 2:46
Special Stage Route 5: 3:20
Special Stage Route 11: 4:05
Trial Mountain: 4:45

Hah, well i've seen every one in GT2 since ibhad to see what tracks AIs could pit in (not many surprisingly, pitlanes are very messed up in general.
The fun thing is that despite being blocked off, the pitlane still works on autumn ring mini on gt2, even though it's blocked off

[...]This thread is turning into a party! :cheers: [...]
And now Gentlemen & Gentlemen, the absurd part of the party:

Two Primeras fighting for the "Ultimate Challenge" cup, against the lonely A.I. driven GTO TwinTurbs.
A.I. Primera taking the GTO @ Special Stage Route 5 (thanks to a bit rude driving from my side): 12:30 to 16:30
Primeras fighting for the 2nd place: 21:30 to 23:30 (this car is damn good, amongst the 2.0L naturally aspirated opponents, on a perfectly flat track :mad: )

All the FF cars are exeptionally surprising on the japanese version as well. In the endurance races, they're just as scary as the big LMs

Nice, more videos. : ) This thread is turning into a party! :cheers: evanzo you sound like you're Scottish? Irish? I get those two confused. I'm always impressed that people can talk & drive & make videos at the same time.

Scottish but I'll let the Irish comment slide! ;) I get mistaken for Irish a bit.
As for the talking & driving, I crash a lot, so maybe I'm not the greatest at it! :lol:

Scottish but I'll let the Irish comment slide!

Sorry! I don't know those accents as well as I should. :blush:

Mouc: showing those AI how it's done, once again! :cheers: Well, everyone but the leading Mitsubishi. What's up with that GTO, anyway? Does it have way more power than the others? I can't remember.

Nice. You beat the GTO at Trial Mountain. :) Maybe it sucks with cornering, then, like a lot of Gran Turismo AI.

Grand Valley: Sweet battling with the GTO at this track. I'm a lover of side-by-side competition.

Route 5: What happened to the GTO? Now it's the blue Primera who leads, until Mouc takes its spot. Weird.

Deep Forest: Ha ha you're leading halfway thru Lap one! The GTO must handle like a pig during those downhill sweepers.

Route 11: Uh oh, Mouc's in trouble. GTO got a huge jump at this track, can the Primera do it? Nice! Mouc takes the lead! The pixelated crowd is going wild! :cheers: He rounds the final turn, he's onto the straight! The GTO's just behind, but cannot get it done! Woo hoo, Mouc wins the GT World Championship1!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you Parnelli, it's always cool to read your "races diaries" :)
[...]What's up with that GTO, anyway? Does it have way more power than the others?[..]
Clearly, the GTO has more power than any others in this specific line-up: Primera, Exiv, Lantis, Accord, Celica GT-Four all have around 326hp and 2.0L N.A. engines (2.2L for the Accord Sedan).
The GTO is quite powerful (640hp+ I think), but is one of the weakest "big boys" in the World Cup I think. It's very heavy, doesn't corners fast, and suffers from a big lag during re-acceleration phases. For some reasons...
I'd classify the opponents this way, from the weakest to the best:
12 - Lantis
11 - Accord Sedan
10 - Celica GT Four
9 - Exiv 200 GT
8 - Primera 2.0L Te
7 - Lancer Evo IV
6 or 5 - GTO TwinTurbo
5 or 6 - Nismo GT-R LM
4 - NSX LM
3 - Castrol Supra GT
2 - Impreza Rally Edition
1 - Skyline '91 GT-R

Here's a "World Cup for Dummies", I mean without any serious opponent, the highest being the Lancer EVO IV, which doesn't shine so much when it's A.I. driven; the big Accord Sedan winning the World Cup, despite a totally messed up SSR11:

The fun part is at Special Stage Route 5, where 3 weird things happen:
15:48 : "Pinball Wizard" : my Accord is pushed between a wall and the Lancer, there's a kind of melting of both cars, and the Accord is thrown away in forward direction, from 200 km/h to 250 km/h in 0,1 second :dopey:
16:18 : the Primera just petrifies the Lancer "in the air" (there's often very nice crashes at this very special spot of SSR5 course :dopey::dopey: )
16:36 : thank you Primera for double-bumping: I do crash the Accord in the middle of the straight after being bumped by the Nissan, but the Primera bumps my back again and I don't lose (which is different from "I win", to me ;) )

I've attempted this Championship 4 times previously on my twitch streams but I've finally got the Demio to be competent enough to complete the FF Challenge!

I'm going to need to comb through this thread again for car ideas & championships, this game is tougher than I ever remember! :lol:

I've attempted this Championship 4 times previously on my twitch streams but I've finally got the Demio to be competent enough to complete the FF Challenge!

I'm going to need to comb through this thread again for car ideas & championships, this game is tougher than I ever remember! :lol:

The Demio A Spec can compete in the lightweight quite easily.

I once climbed the wall on SSR11 II at the end of the straight in a GTO.
This was about 20 years go.

Was shocked when it happened as my car was not really set up to be wall riding or bouncy.

Should try and replicate it.

Back