Gran Turismo 1 Videos

evanzo7 goes for the Demio A-spec. Wow, you're destroying those others at Deep Forest in those turns. :cheers: The competition catches up down those straights (my favorite kind of racing) but again you know how to handle them in the turns. What tires are you using? UH oh. Lost at Grand Valley East. ZERO credits for 4th place? Wow, this game's harsher than I remember. ... Nice job winning Route 11.

Why do none of you drivers qualify, by the way?

Never mind. Grayfox qualifies. I used to always qualify back when I played this game!

The final video may not seem like a challenge but anyone who watched my full stream will know the pain I went through to get these final videos where I do win in the end! :lol:
Racing Soft tyres, it's what was suggested to me in this thread, should be one of the first upgrades I am told.

As for qualifying it's just a time thing, I'm a bit lazy & can't be bothered. Doesn't make too much difference personally, plus I don't mind forcing my way through from the back of the field.

Time to tackle some licenses again. This time we aim to complete the IA Class of licenses. Not had much luck with licenses in the past so just Bronze will do & we'll aim for better at a later date!

Might be a while until I can record & stream again, bought a new elgato & sold my old one, now my new one doesn't work. Waiting on something from the company so I can fix it or get sent a new one.

[...]Mouc -- why does nobody like you when you drive a Soarer? Maybe you are talking about the other drivers. Yeah, they are all giving you a hard time!
No reason... Maybe I was just listening to the old Blues standard as I were writing this down...
[...]Damn. I'm wanting to play some GT now, heh ha
That's damn good news :) (don't forget to record the races ;) )
Overall I notice your driving has improved over these past few weeks. In the first vids you posted you'd be making grass-cuts and stuff (I've done it too, it's hard in this game since its steering is so sensitive). But now you're making racing lines much more clean.
Thanks a lot, you're the best audience ever :bowdown:
Great pics from Mister Sub', as usual!
I've just noticed that this racing livery (above on a Civic Ferio) is the exact one of the Integra Type R in Gran Turismo :)

By the way, how to talk politely about the Integra... I'm a huge Honda fan, but in GT, this car is so...
- understeering (if your line and speed aren't absolutely perfect when you enter a corner)
- lacking torque (yes there's some torque but starting @8000rpm. What's the point if you need 15minutes to go there? - 326hp N.A. 2.0 liters engines are 2 times better than this 361hp 1.8L V-tec :( )
- overrated in the description text in the garage...
- and finally quite disappointing, to me.

But, against the lonely GTO, it still can win the GT World Cup :)
(I'm sure it's possible against the Impreza, but I couldn't manage that :mad: )
GTO fence-air-Primera-petrified: 16:10

Last edited:
And yet any speedrunner (and me) will tell you that it's tied with the FTO GPX/GPR as the best FF car in GT1 x)
It feels slow because the power output is very linear, as for handling, i find it's one of the best in the game imo, but i guess it doesn't fit your driving style.

And yeah, that livery was also on a Mirage Asti RX in Super Taikyu during those years.

I sure believe that, and yes I'm also sure the prob' comes from me ;)
I did notice that the Integra can go super-fast in the corners, but the entry speed must be perfect, also the mass transfer must be finished. And maybe other details, and that's a bit hard for me :)

From Honda, it seems to me that both used Preludes are easier to drive fast. They're more forgiving, a bit lighter, and the power is more "usable", I find.
And clearly FTOs (even the lowest, '94 GR) are absolutely excellent cars.

The Preludes are indeed very nice to drive. The torque is a bit more pronounced, probably is why they feel more powerful heh

Maybe you could win for us a Tuned Cup with the Integra? Please? :)
I can do it with the FTO (with dirty driving obviously) but strictly impossible for me in the Honda :mad:

"Relax, enjoy your flight with Subaru Airlines, we can go through cliffs and any other obstacles if needed."

Give me a day to catch up to y'all. :eek: Otherwise I won't have time to watch

By the way I found THE memory card, the one with the Vipers (seen earlier in this thread's videos) and I was hoping it still had its GT info. But it does not. :mad: Which pissed me off a little bit. That would have been the card with all the Gold licenses on it. But nope, I must have erased that card's data at some point.

evanzo -- it's amazing you can get those licenses done while talking the whole time to us! :cheers:

mouc -- I don't know about the first GT, but in later games the Integra is one of my favorite front-drives. In real life it features a TorSen styled limited-slip, which gives its front-end incredible traction, even out of tight corners. I've driven a couple of these myself and can confirm. Yes there is understeer and yes they have poor torque below 6,000 rpms, but you shouldn't be spending much time below 6,000 in a Honda anyway, right? ;)

Congratulations on defeating that piggy GTO once again! The Primera getting twisted sideways in Route 5's triple chicane had me laughing!

Last edited:
[...]but you shouldn't be spending much time below 6,000 in a Honda anyway, right? ;)
Excellent :D
Thanks also for your kind words ;)

I keep going with my "326hp against the World Cup" series. Today's episode: the Lantis, versus "dummy" opponents, the "toughest" being the Lancer Evo IV .
I'm not fast generally speaking, but even less with this car. The torque is not fantastic and placed very high in the rev band, so you must shift manually, so I sometimes forget to choose "MT", so I mess the race up (at least High Speed Ring and SSR5 here :mad: )

If you want a clean version (and faster and with a black Lantis and against serious opponents), check the great one of Submaniac here: click

High Speed Ring: uh oh, Mouc's in trouble. :( I agree about the AT MT thing. I wish this game would just let us choose MT or AT in its settings (later games allow this) so we don't push the wrong button before a race. :mad:

Trial Mountain: The Evo gets skooled! :cheers: I notice at this track our opponents brake too heavily into the first turn, which makes this a good place for us to pass them. Either in Turn 1, or in one of the switchback turns which follow. This true in later games, too.

Grand Valley: Nice job getting by the Evo. You drive this track like pro. Also that side-by-side action against the Primera had me smiling.

Yeah, what happened at Route 5? :meh: Weird. You killed at Deep Forest though. Look at that Evo fall far behind. Same for Route 11.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some racing done this weekend, we'll see.

Last edited:
👍
Hey, I messed SSR5 up because of this automatic transmission bad choice, I guess. Also you can see I'm not a "pro" ;)
Submaniac did lap that Grand Valley thing in a Lantis in less than 1min 39sec if I'm not wrong.
The Lantis is very good in high speed corners, if you've just managed to get that speed! :lol:

My beloved 300 ZX normally aspirated (314hp, but what a great torque distribution) against the mean Nismo GT-R LM :mad:

As a DB7 enthusiast in real life and in GT1, I'm glad to document a victory in the World Cup with one of these famous Aston Martin cars :)

Okay, it's not a great triumph, it was against the GTO only and I had to use unfair driving sometimes but still. I'm also one of those that find that Polyphony guys have been a bit harsh with Aston Martin, so it's kind of solace that it's finally possible to "beat the game" with a DB7 :)

Edit a few days later

The DB7 Volante also can take the GTO, even if it's the absolute heaviest car in the game :)

Stupidly forgot to save SSR11 replay, where the Aston arrived 2nd, 0.042 sec behind the GTO. But I was first in the last chicane, then better acceleration and top speed of the GTO nailed the Volante definitely :mad:

Last edited:
As a kid reading Road & Track in the '80s, I was also fascinated by Aston Martins. Never really got around to racing them in these games, much.

High Speed Ring: wow, the DB7's getting murdered in those banked turns! Maybe due to its weight. It does stretch its lead down the straights. 2nd place, here.

Trial Mountain: Mouc's driving is tops here. I predict that GTO shall die an unpleasant death this time. HMm, maybe not tops. Wow, you clobbered that GTO into the tunnel. :lol: OH well.

Grand Valley: I suspect it's due to the DB7 being a heavier car than normal. If I remember correctly, they weigh over 4,000 pounds by default. Even with a race kit that thing's probably packing on the pounds. All the other cars you've used (Honda Accord, for instance) come nowhere near this weight.

Route 5: Yikes, you're getting desperate! Sliding all over the track and into walls! Patience, young grasshopper! :) (Not saying I can do any better, btw. We'll see how I do when I get this far into the game). But at least you won. A win is a win. :cheers:

Deep Forest: Nice pass on that GTO here, and even coming off of one of the toughest downhill tracks in the entire game. :cheers:

I do have a few videos, as I've been playing GT here and there, but nothing really worthy of putting in this thread yet.

Last edited:
Your summary's nice, as usual ;) 👍 Thanks!
Yes, both runs weren't the cleanest ever, but with my poor skills I even did not try to stay clean, the car is so hard to launch... The Volante weighs 2976 pounds, in both PAL and NTSC-U versions :) . It's also the heaviest car in the game, [R]-modified or not.
There's a great page available, for all these weights, power and stuffs in GT1: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197468-gran-turismo/faqs/3920
Otherwise, if the DB7s weren't so heavy, it could be very good cars. The super light Submaniac's hybrid one can totally destroy the Tuned Cup.

I once drove a DB7 with this straight six and the compressor, dark blue. This engine, in real life, is impressive. The sound, the torque. Great stuff :)

Almost a short video: "Japanese 4WD battle", with 2 R32 Skyline (black GTS4, red GT-R '91), the 22B Impreza Rally & the "Puma" GTO :)

Thanks for the GT gamefaqs page. I'll put a link to that page on my website because that's good to have at all times. 👍

Wait if this is a 4WD battle, why is there a Corvette and TVR present? OH I get it. There's a battle between 4WD cars. Ha ha that red GTR totally loses it several times. :lol: Slams right into two walls in a row.

No slide across the finish line What?? :lol: Kidding. The Subaru was too close at the end of Grand Valley. Don't want to risk 2nd place, that's happened to me several times over the years.

Last edited:
Wait if this is a 4WD battle, why is there a Corvette and TVR present?
Corvette & Concept Car, no TVR ;) - I just can't wait for the day we'll be able to choose all the opponents we have to face in all the different series, in an re-programmed version of GT1... Until this glorious day, I take the chance to race against 3 others 4WD cars in the US vs Japan Series when it just happens :)

These days I raced a few events with the extra-powerful but hard to handle fully-tuned Toyota Mark II Tourer V. Had much fun doing this, as driving get very close :)

- Close race versus the Sister Supra RZ @Test Course
- Very short win against the GTO in Megaspeed Cup
- and finally Tuned Car Cup:

15:35 : bad move @CSR5 II
19:00 to 21:00 : Mark II vs RX-7 battle @Autumn Ring II
25:45 to 28:40 (A.I. crash) : Mark II vs NSX battle @SSR11

To win this, I've been forced to put the Super-Close gearbox (6-speeds hopefully) to approximately manage the crazy power of the engine in high RPM. With the 5-speeds one, I was spinning out all day long :mad:

Great :) 👍
I love the charm of these old TVs. My first idea about making videos of GT1 was to use a tripod or something to film my CRT TV, but I haven't space enough, brightness is always a prob' and the framerate, too.

Also your vid' reminds me this one, where the Green & Good Ol' Vette beats the overpowered R33 GT-R @HSR II, using drafting and quite unfair driving :embarrassed: :P

I was holding the camera in my hand for that one, but I definitely have a way to place the camera so that it doesn't move while recording. If only I could avoid those flickering black lines, it would be much better.

I finished the cup 2nd, first place at Test Course would grant me the trophy. It's definitely possible to win the cup with a ZR-1, though you have less room for mistakes. I tried using a Legacy once, and boy, that was embarrassing. :scared:

"If only I could avoid those flickering black lines"
If you can match the recording framerate with the TV framerate then you could have a perfect image in theory. But you'd need a pretty decent cmaera to have that kind of control i think...

Here is another contribution from my body and soul. Spot race with a stock Civic Ferio. I was quite surprised to see '67 Chevy making an appearance, I thought it can't be seen outside Arcade mode. Catch-up is plain obvious, otherwise this race wouldn't be possible.

@submaniac93 I did a little research on this and now I think I understand why this occurs, but with my IT knowledge it would take a while to find the right camera setup. It doesn't have much options to begin with. :lol:

:P

GT1 spot races have fixed classes of opponents, that's why you got a C2 Corvette against you, as well as all A class cars. Some tracks pit you vs C class, some vs B class, and some vs A class opponents.

As a DB7 enthusiast in real life and in GT1, I'm glad to document a victory in the World Cup with one of these famous Aston Martin cars :)

Okay, it's not a great triumph, it was against the GTO only and I had to use unfair driving sometimes but still. I'm also one of those that find that Polyphony guys have been a bit harsh with Aston Martin, so it's kind of solace that it's finally possible to "beat the game" with a DB7 :)

Edit a few days later

The DB7 Volante also can take the GTO, even if it's the absolute heaviest car in the game :)

Stupidly forgot to save SSR11 replay, where the Aston arrived 2nd, 0.042 sec behind the GTO. But I was first in the last chicane, then better acceleration and top speed of the GTO nailed the Volante definitely :mad:

Absolutely adore the DB7, looking forward to being able to get my hands on it again!

This episode we tackle the 4wd Challenge & it was my Twitch chat who helped me decide what car to buy for the event!

I tried using a Legacy once, and boy, that was embarrassing. :scared:
Ha thank you Matej! I worked hard to achieve this, as the Legacy (fortunately in red) is quite heavy, not crazily powerful, and with a peaky power-band! But now it's done, the '93 Legacy winning the Megaspeed cup :)

As usual, not very clean driving, lots of drafting... But two very close finishes @Test Course & High Speed Ring II, hope Sir Parnelli will appreciate ;)
And now I know why Subaru made the Impreza (because it's a better car, performance wise ;) ).

[...]It's definitely possible to win the cup with a ZR-1, though you have less room for mistakes.
For sure: and that was the green one, also :)

I remember using a wagon Legacy and couldn't even rev it all the way to the red line before race started, that's how bad the power-band was, at least on my version of the game. Great job nonetheless! 👍

I never really played GT1, as I grew up with GT2 and then the later games.
I recently re-played GT1 and did all races, during which I realized that Dragon's Trail from GT Sport is not the first chicane of death in GT :lol:

I noticed this the first time I drove DTS :lol: SSR11 was my favourite track back in the day.

I think the DTS chicane is a lot harder though, because the you have to hit the kerbs in the second part juuuust right so you can cut close to the walls, but not get thrown off to the other side. With SSR11 once you learn the line it's easy to do it lap after lap.

Matej -- nice to see you have joined us here. :cheers: Wow, 367 km/h at the Test Track. I can't recall ever seeing that Corvette in a Spot Race as well. I think GT does rubberband the AI a bit in these races, but you also made some skillful moves, especially as you leave and enter turns at Trial Mountain. Is that your voice saying "America first?"

Evanzo -- excellent wins at Grand Valley and Route 5 II. Again, it's amazing you can race & talk & make the video at the same time. Again and again I cringe when you almost slam walls, brake too late and go deep into redline down those long straights! :ouch:

, during which I realized that Dragon's Trail from GT Sport is not the first chicane of death in GT :lol:

Oh hell no. The early games have several chicanes and hairpins of death. :eek:

Mouc -- Yes, the Impreza is a rather terrible choice for Mega Speed stuff, mostly because it's not an aerodynamic, slipstreamy car, unless it's drafting something else. Eesh... 3rd place at High Speed Ring, that's not very Mouc-like! .. But wow, very close win at the Test Track. The win at HSR II is even more impressive. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back