Gran Turismo 6 breaks the rules of physics

such reverse
very sudden
much physics
wow
191817.jpg

More seriously, I cannot even BEGIN to fathom what happened there. I've seen cars slide suddenly and impossibly because of lag, but never anything quite like that.

Looks like packet loss actually. This is exactly what happens in any online game when the game loses your input for a while. With a small amount the game will attempt to follow your likely position, but with a complete failure it will simply revert to your last known position.
Seems like the most logical explanation 👍
I don't think it has anything to do with the the line I took.

such reverse
very sudden
much physics
wow
191817.jpg

:lol:

as sad as it is, im at work, on my temp old flip phone with no video playback. Can someone explain what happened? From what ive read, the car suddenly appeared further back on the track?

as sad as it is, im at work, on my temp old flip phone with no video playback. Can someone explain what happened? From what ive read, the car suddenly appeared further back on the track?
Semi cut the corner and what seems like an invisible rubber wall with a very high elasticity 'pings' the car backwards like a pin ball machine.

I can't wait to try and recreate it on Saturday :P

Jerome

I've had a similar incident at that exact spot, was qualifying, on my hotlap, just clipped the curb but and it spin me like 900 degrees, no exaggeration, it spun me so fast i had to laugh, even though it messed up my lap and i started 2nd, still won the race so all was good ;)

Last edited:
The 3 of us who were a good bit behind, were all wondering how we caught up to you. The line you took was nothing different than we were all taking, 2 wheels on and 2 off.

I can't wait to try and recreate it on Saturday :P

Jerome

I just hope I am not behind you if it happens.

It's no a game glitch, it's just a connection error. It could happen to everyone in every game in "every-day-connection-environment", "one time" missing packet related error. Sorry about the race but nothing to report to PD.

It's either a connection problem, or the game somehow misread the direction information at the moment you clipped the grass.
I've had lag spikes that have shot my car sideways across the track, but never backwards.
:P
Once in GT5 prologue I had a car stop dead at Eiger when I dropped a wheel on the dirt, almost as if I'd hit a wall head on.

It's no a game glitch, it's just a connection error. It could happen to everyone in every game in "every-day-connection-environment", "one time" missing packet related error. Sorry about the race but nothing to report to PD.

What he said.

The server is predicting where your car (and everyone else's car) is going, and then making corrections to blend between your inputs and the prediction. That's why there is often "lag understeer". The OP may have seen their car travel along the track to that impact point, but the server didn't see any of it.

Semi cut the corner and what seems like an invisible rubber wall with a very high elasticity 'pings' the car backwards like a pin ball machine.
If you watch his speed carefully, he gets bounced back at a higher speed than he was actually going, something like 89 forward to 91 backward. :lol:

If you watch his speed carefully, he gets bounced back at a higher speed than he was actually going, something like 89 forward to 91 backward. :lol:
I thought it looked like he was going faster backwards. Hadnt looked closely at the speedo tho.

It's okay, you're not alone. I had that same thing happen to me in a "reccommended" GT86 about two weeks after the game came out. My end result was a lot more dramatic, but was caused by the same part of road. Weird. Nice to see I wasnt the only person to which this has happened.

Back