Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
So far nobodies online experience has been ruined by any modded cars. Once hybrids gets wide spread on OFW that may change a bit, but so far PD is on track sniffing them out fast enough its not a problem anymore than some jerk driving the track backwards to ram people.

I think this is more so an argument carrying over from GT5. Inevitably the same thing is going to happen though. The Seasonals were already affected recently.

Keeping them offline hurts nobody, waist none of PDs time and lowers the need for PD to patch it.

Realistic mods IS a justifiable reason to mod cars, & so long as we are offline, no regular users are impacted and PD doesn't have to care.

Oh look another excuse. Fact of the matter is, not everyone keeps it offline. That's the problem. Again in no way does this make it okay, just because you're offline that doesn't mean another guy is too.

Quick match probably coming next week, won't it be something terrible for this new awaited feature? I mean it will be about matchmaking, and we will not be able to kick other hacked cars. I sincerely hope this does not get ever released.
PD will have to work to get rid off these broken save data, and people here will try their best to make it available again, as if they are fighting against PD, against what they paid for. If it belongs to offline, it's ok. But as we have seen in GT5, it will never be only kept to offline. So it better never get released imo.

The point is just because we mod doesn't make us a problem, its what we do with the cars that will determine that.

I'm probably one of the modders most known to be strongly against hybrids online. I see there will be posers doing dumb stuff and IMO the good do not justify the bad. So I don't go and avidly voice my opinion. So I see your point and I somewhat agree. I think the cheaters and hypercars need to be addressed while the guys not doing that stuff get left alone, but its not as simple as that. Unfortunately they all should be online banned good modded or bad modded. It sucks for the good modders more than anybody.

PD is on top of the modded cars online and any time a seasonal may be affected it can be expected to get fixed. PD has been proactive banning modders quickly, they did not do this in GT5. If you have a Hybrid Lobbie expect to get raided.

Many modders just want to cruize online with friends, race or drift with friends also in modded cars hurting nobody. It sucks most for these guys as these guys are the users most effected. They want to mark the rooms so its no secrete the rooms for modded cars and nobody is hurt.

The jerks in HyperCars, sleeper hybrids or seasonal cheaters ruin it for the good modders, regular users are no more affected than they are with a jerk driving the race going around the track backwards. Kick them and move on... PD is affected by how much time they have to spend banning people and fixing hacked cars appearing seasonal events.

As much as your online experience has so far been affected by modded cars is what you can expect its impact to continue to be. ONCE you have something to complain about, it can be dealt with then. No need to hate on the good modders because of what you think might happen.

Last edited:
Hacking/hybridding in itself is not what ruins peoples online experience. It is the irresponsible people that abuse this activity that leads to people's online experience being a not so pleasant one. Lets put the blame where it should be and stop saying that hybridding in general is to blame....its not. Furthermore, I think that saying that it ruins online experiences is a bit of a weak argument. You can use the room restrictions to deal with most of it and if someone does manage to get in, just kick them. It is no different than having to kick anyone else who doesn't follow your room rules otherwise. (driving the opposite way on the track, divebombing, ect.) Besides, its not even that bad at this point so there is really nothing to complain about. The only thing that hybridding/hacking does really ruin is the Seasonal TT's but PD could easily deal with that part by simply providing us with the car to use. That would also solve the problem of people complaining about the over use of certain cars (Suzuki, 2J, ect.) in the TT's. I'm sorry, but to say that hacking/hybridding ruins online is just a little overboard. Its just an inconvenience that can be dealt with easily enough.

Hacking/hybridding in itself is not what ruins peoples online experience. It is the irresponsible people that abuse this activity that leads to people's online experience being a not so pleasant one. Lets put the blame where it should be and stop saying that hybridding in general is to blame....its not. Furthermore, I think that saying that it ruins online experiences is a bit of a weak argument. You can use the room restrictions to deal with most of it and if someone does manage to get in, just kick them. It is no different than having to kick anyone else who doesn't follow your room rules otherwise. (driving the opposite way on the track, divebombing, ect.) Besides, its not even that bad at this point so there is really nothing to complain about. The only thing that hybridding/hacking does really ruin is the Seasonal TT's but PD could easily deal with that part by simply providing us with the car to use. That would also solve the problem of people complaining about the over use of certain cars (Suzuki, 2J, ect.) in the TT's. I'm sorry, but to say that hacking/hybridding ruins online is just a little overboard. Its just an inconvenience that can be dealt with easily enough.
Im my post I was talking about quick match / matchmaking soon coming. In this case we can not kick anyone, and I already see everyone rather going to quick match instead of lobbies after matchmaking is released. Online is the whole problem, offline we really don't mind what they do with the game once they bought it. It does not hurt anyone offline and seasonal TT are also another issue related to online part of the game.

Im my post I was talking about quick match / matchmaking soon coming. In this case we can not kick anyone, and I already see everyone rather going to quick match instead of lobbies after matchmaking is released. Online is the whole problem, offline we really don't mind what they do with the game once they bought it. It does not hurt anyone offline and seasonal TT are also another issue related to online part of the game.

Do you have any proof of that? Source?

The problem is your speculating too much. Much of your worries depend on how QM will work. QM might just be a great way for hacked cars to jump in a race the hacked car is going to be competitive with the other cars. Not that I am saying it will be it just could be. Just because a car is hacked doesn't make it better than any other car, and the hacked cars have PP ratings like any other car. It takes thousands of through PP with stupid high HP and retarded low vehicle weight to get PP to start reversing, these guys are big shinny lightbulbs no fooling anybody, I dont think it ever has even been an issue, as to get PP to start dropping most often the cars not all that good for anything. If your thinking we can just turn PP up or down like a dial or slider we can't.

So who cars if the car is hacked if its PP HP tq kg are all realistic and viably competative with the other cars on the grid? It shouldn't make a difference, just make a good race.

Its too bad the jerks in hyper X1's are all anybody focus on and the serious minority in the hybrid scene.

Last edited:
I have to agree, and It irks me a bit how some don't care and just go online to let's face it, show off.

And that's the reason why we have the same debate now. Once again. Like with GT5. People are just way too polarized about the topic when it comes to discuss hybriding at all. It's either black or white.
Nothing like gray in between - it's only a matter about friend or foe, 0 or 1. Pure digitalism in it.
The people that don't care about hybrdiding won't answer anywhere. All you will find is, people that will defend their own opinion. And they will take any means necessary to accomplish that.

A thing I have learned back in the GT5 days was, this kind of discussion is futile right from the start. It will lead to nowhere..

And that's the reason why we have the same debate now. Once again. Like with GT5. People are just way too polarized about the topic when it comes to discuss hybriding at all. It's either black or white.
Nothing like gray in between - it's only a matter about friend or foe, 0 or 1. Pure digitalism in it.
The people that don't care about hybrdiding won't answer anywhere. All you will find is, people that will defend their own opinion. And they will take any means necessary to accomplish that.

A thing I have learned back in the GT5 days was, this kind of discussion is futile right from the start. It will lead to nowhere..[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Btw, I know who you are and just have to say thanks for your work. I have learned a lot from you and the few other real hackers/hybridders that truly know what they are doing. You are truly one of the good guys. 👍

We may not be the best of friends but I have to agree with you there.

I posted my opinion on this whole thread on site 12, but i wanted to add an important point, whatever you are for or against hacking.

What does Sim racing mean for you ? This is a very important question because most of your answers are based on it , or they should base on it.

For me a Racing Simulation is a "game" where i can just have a nice race like i would have in real life. Its not important with which car iam driving or in wich colour. Its important to have the "bumper to bumper" races. Thats what i want in a SIM and thats how i have fun with it. If you will be 0.005 faster than your personal best on your favorite track then this will make me happy like a little kid.

Iam karting too, and i have the same feeling there, SIM racing is just "the same" but a bit cheaper.

But if you would ask me how i have fun in a racing game (arcade game) then maybe i would say something different and i wouldnt be against hacking/modding.

Before you post anything you should think about it, what is a SIM for you, are you even a SIM driver ? Maybe you are not and thats the wrong game for you ? Maybe you are trying to "convert" GT 5/6 to your own likeness.

I met many drivers in GT who were actually not SIM drivers, GT were their only racing game and thats why they have played it. So if you would ask them what they want to see in GT , you would get a different answer from each of them.
Some of them would like to see NFS aspects in it, some of them would like to have a GT 6 like Forza Horizion or Test Drive Unlimited and maybe some of them would like to convert it into a new GTA :D.

Iam in racing and Sim racing for many years, and for me hacking its completely against the main aim of a SIM.

You can say its not a sim or it is a sim thats up to you, but you should think about it :sly:

ps: @
TorqueWrench
Sorry but i have to add a point there. I personally stoped playing GT because of these "invisible" hacks. Iam talking about changing the Grip factor of a car. I loved to make online races with the Clio or the BMW 320 race car (we called it WTCC :D ). But with these hacks it was impossible to have an fair race.

We may not be the best of friends but I have to agree with you there.

I don't remember us ever having a fallout, or even being friends at all (sorry, but your name doesn't ring a bell with me), but ok. :lol: 👍 If its just a personal thing, I can understand that also. I'm not exactly everyone's favorite person. :lol: At any rate, you don't have to remind me if there was some incident in the past, no need digging up old wounds. 👍 :)

:sly:
ps: @
TorqueWrench
Sorry but i have to add a point there. I personally stoped playing GT because of these "invisible" hacks. Iam talking about changing the Grip factor of a car. I loved to make online races with the Clio or the BMW 320 race car (we called it WTCC :D ). But with these hacks it was impossible to have an fair race.

I can understand that, and agree that stuff is a bit tricky to catch with certainty.

From the sound of it, you had a few buddies with cars built to a type of spec, how did grip mods exactly mess that up? Just asking, I wouldn't expect a group of buddies racing to have cheater issues unless one of your buddies is a cheat. If its an open lobby, its a tough call. SRF ABS Active Steering all seem to do the same thing, and when I went online and set up races if assist were restricted nobody entered the room. That's what got me off online. Too many talk about no assist drivers etc, but nobody entered no assist rooms, and whenever I would find a good room, I always found drivers with SRF, ABS active steering etc. I refuse to "do what the leaders at the top of the board are doing" if they are winning with assist. So online has not been all that interesting to me.

I have said this about GT5 hybriding and I will say it about GT6 hybriding. How is someone showing up with a more powerful car any different than real life? What track days have you been to which specify the amount of horsepower a certain car can have? Don't get your panties in a twist, I completely understand if you are doing something with race classes such as GT300, GT500 etc. But if someone shows up with a stock body Supra with 1,000hp instead of 800hp, how is that any different than real life? This drips of "I want things this way, so no one else can have it different." It's narcissistic thinking. If you want certain limits in rooms, PD give you the options to apply those particulars to your room. Use them. If you are going to base your whole argument on the seasonal's, then you need to reevaluate your life. There are no real life prizes to be won and really no virtual prizes either. You lose nothing by someone else "cheating."

So true. I always find it amusing how people think that modders just appear out of thin air. Do they hybrid haters think that a bunch of people were participating online, following the rules, driving clean, not acting like an ass, then modding comes along and they suddenly turn into complete idiots online? If someone was a clean, respectful racer before hybriding, he'll continue to be so correct? If someone was an ass before hybriding, he'll still be an ass after hydriding, just in a different vehicle. Hybriding changes nothing about the people in the cars, all that changes is which car they participate in, cleanly or otherwise.

Great, no need to ****ing farm Like the Wind for an hour every day.

My god I remember when I set aside time to grind. Already beat every race and event in the game, but still needed to set aside time to grind to afford the pricey cars. First hour or so after getting started modding, I must of blown 300million.

My god I remember when I set aside time to grind. Already beat every race and event in the game, but still needed to set aside time to grind to afford the pricey cars. First hour or so after getting started modding, I must of blown 300million.
Really changes the whole dynamic of the game when you no longer have to spend time repeating the same boring races over and over, and can just buy and enjoy driving the cars. I'd have put GT6 down shortly after I got it if it weren't for the VGT money glitch. Really looking forward to Project Cars that has all cars available at all times!!

Same, I can probably count on one hand the amount of people on NGU I believe without question, a few of whom I have aided with bits on GT5. There are too many people on there who believe they're in the elite brigade, despite using tools they've had given to them.
Quite.

I know I'd have been utterly useless if it weren't for tools and expertise provided by certain individuals. ;)

I think the reason of some people hacking the game: I think that the hackers want the engine swaps to be legal... They want PD to put engine swaps feature and to put the ability to paint all cars with colours of their preference.

I think the reason of some people hacking the game: I think that the hackers want the engine swaps to be legal... They want PD to put engine swaps feature and to put the ability to paint all cars with colours of their preference.

1) engine swaps are a PITA and while it's in the process of being worked out ATM nobody is doing real engine swaps.

2) the cool ability to paint nearly all unpaintable cars has not made it to GT6, neither has painting stock rims. I so wanted my custom painted Muira wheels, didn't pan out

Yes I do want t engine swaps and free paint power, however ATM has Nada to do with why I mod GT6

I can understand that, and agree that stuff is a bit tricky to catch with certainty.

From the sound of it, you had a few buddies with cars built to a type of spec, how did grip mods exactly mess that up? Just asking, I wouldn't expect a group of buddies racing to have cheater issues unless one of your buddies is a cheat. If its an open lobby, its a tough call. SRF ABS Active Steering all seem to do the same thing, and when I went online and set up races if assist were restricted nobody entered the room. That's what got me off online. Too many talk about no assist drivers etc, but nobody entered no assist rooms, and whenever I would find a good room, I always found drivers with SRF, ABS active steering etc. I refuse to "do what the leaders at the top of the board are doing" if they are winning with assist. So online has not been all that interesting to me.

I know that there are some people who dont join lobbies with no assists. But back at the time where i played Gt 5/6 there were always a few good people online who joined my lobby so that wasnt a issue for me.

The Problem was that we had really good races with cars like the Clio, caterham seven fireblade, bmw 320 race car...( Very fair and challenging races) until these hacks gone public. People who were normally at the back of the grid were on top with very fast times. In a race they were driving like quali laps , every lap was just awesome but they werent really good. So we started to kick them... But there was a other problem.
Like Schumi did in Monaco (parked his car at the last corner... you know it ; ) ) there were people who wanted to be the best whatever it may cost. They raised the grip level just a bit so it is nearly impossible to detect it. At the beginning of the race they started a bit slow and stayed behind us , after 7-8 laps we went to the pits and they continued... At the end of the race they said that they are driving like Button , very smooth so the tyres live longer. I saw their driving style, they didnt drove like "Button"...

And yes it was a open lobby.

If the modders would only join lobbies with modded cars then it wouldnt be a big deal. But if they start to join lobbies where people are trying to have serious races, than this will destroy the online aspect of this game.

Sound like the other side to the common story

I JOINED A ROOM WAS TOO FAST AND GOT KICKED.

I'll bet not every person you kicked was in a modded car ;)

I see what your saying, but grip mods wear out tires faster turn on tire wear, and power mods while catchable in room restrictions, big HP mods excessively drink fuel. Turn on tire wear and fuel consumption and Ithose guys will be fun to laugh at.

This is not a joke

On YouTube there is a video of an offline only (online access blocked) save game with 20 hybrids built into it. RWD Gallardo, Underground Racing TT Gallardo, AMS Alpha-12, RWD Evo, and RWD GTRs even Simulated V8's etc. Its availible to download.

Im not sure if I can post the video that sorta demos the cars, but its on YouTube with links in the description.

This is not a joke

On YouTube there is a video of an offline only (online access blocked) save game with 20 hybrids built into it. RWD Gallardo, Underground Racing TT Gallardo, AMS Alpha-12, RWD Evo, and RWD GTRs even Simulated V8's etc. Its availible to download.

Im not sure if I can post the video that sorta demos the cars, but its on YouTube with links in the description.
People have been using CFW-modded saves for ages already. As you say, thankfully they're offline only (unless you have CFW yourself...).

People have been using CFW-modded saves for ages already.

Yeah but this one is packed with cars and availible to download. I've built a couple for a friend or 2, as I'm sure many have, but I looked through all the cars on that save, no X1 hyper cars all decent hybrids although its got too many RWD drift car conversions for my taste.

Back