Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
Its not a "problem" its just how it is. Cars with trannys availible in standard cars should work 100%. Its only the cars without that will be a problem. Since the issue is on Premium cars and they have the newer cars to GT6 with the new tech and no standard car counterparts, it seems like a solution that won't apply to many cars, mist of the one where this issue is an issue, I don't think people care if the Civic isn't using an H pattern. If it makes you enjoy the game more and you don't care about authenticity so long as you can H shift if the car IRL is H shift, by all means do whatever makes you enjoy the game more.

Also I love the people saying "it will ruin online experiences". No just like GT5 modding it is all down to each specific modder not all of them in a whole. Ones that go for realism and ones that go for ridiculous high hp, grip, and ones who use it in a bad way to gain a advantage.

I'm not sure how "realistic modding" somehow justifies online experiences being ruined, but okay.

I'm not sure how "realistic modding" somehow justifies online experiences being ruined, but okay.

I don't think it does. Dumb hyper cars suck, and hacking cheaters have ways to sneak in a win, this is true. No online experience is ruined anymore than when RS Tires SRF, ABS and what not are used. Any number of ballony can upset your online experience not exclusive to modded cars. Use privet lobbies or race restrictions on public lobbies to keep hackers AND SRF RS driving hosers out.

In the end we can only do so much, at least PD banns users in modded cars driving online, they won't touch the SRF, RS, backwards track driving, rear ending you to get through the corner, line stealing, jibber jabber mouths.

Last edited:
There are the Seasonal events as well. Unless those don't count as online experiences, I think it does at least.

I think PD banns so fast, the jokers will spend so much time creating new ACCTS and not so much time messing with people.

Seasonals PD can see if any time was posted with hacked cars and remove it. It was a problem in GT5, not really in GT6. Modded cars are and have been around for quite a while, are seosonals and online ruined because of hacked cars so far??

Worst experience I have online is chatter over the air. Drives me nuts in most games. Got to shut it ooooooooffffffffff

Last edited:
It's funny because the bans only stop modders for 5 minutes.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell people that insist that banning us hackers/hybridders is the end all, be all answer to the problem. Ban me, and I'll be back in a matter of minutes. The war against us cannot be won fully, so PD might as well give up and give us what we want. (engine swaps and just more customization in general) Yes, you will still have people creating their 10,000 HP ridiculous beasts, but I don't think all this hacking would be as big of a thing as it is if PD just gave us the things we hybrid for. Its like the war against drugs, its just a never ending battle where no one comes out the victor.

@GTP_CargoRatt

What was the GT5 hybrid cripler patch number?

I don't remember exactly, I wanna say 2.09 or 2.11, something like that. I think I see where you are trying to go with this. Yes, it did cripple those that relied solely on the garage editors but for those that were/are more into it, it didn't really stop anything. That's why I said the war will never be won fully. I myself have done a lot of learning since then, and pretty much whatever they do to try to stop things, I can counter. And let me set something straight here before I go any further. I am not one of those evil hackers that goes and tries to ruin everybody's online experience. I'm only interested in creating my own cars that you can't create otherwise. That's why I have my own CFW console now and can create/customize cars the way I see fit. I don't go online and troll and I certainly don't use my knowledge to cheat the Seasonal TT's. When I first got into the whole hybridding scene in GT5, it was the most fun that I have had in the game in a long time. If PD gave us more customization, engine swaps, chassis swaps, etc, I myself probably wouldn't even hybrid/hack anymore. That's the only reason I do what I do because I like the extended customization that I am able to do. Give it to me in-game and I'll stop. I hope I have shed some light in the direction in which I think you were heading with your question. :)

I don't remember exactly, I wanna say 2.09 or 2.11, something like that. I think I see where you are trying to go with this. Yes, it did cripple those that relied solely on the garage editors but for those that were/are more into it, it didn't really stop anything. That's why I said the war will never be won fully. I myself have done a lot of learning since then, and pretty much whatever they do to try to stop things, I can counter. And let me set something straight here before I go any further. I am not one of those evil hackers that goes and tries to ruin everybody's online experience. I'm only interested in creating my own cars that you can't create otherwise. That's why I have my own CFW console now and can create/customize cars the way I see fit. I don't go online and troll and I certainly don't use my knowledge to cheat the Seasonal TT's. When I first got into the whole hybridding scene in GT5, it was the most fun that I have had in the game in a long time. If PD gave us more customization, engine swaps, chassis swaps, etc, I myself probably wouldn't even hybrid/hack anymore. That's the only reason I do what I do because I like the extended customization that I am able to do. Give it to me in-game and I'll stop. I hope I have shed some light in the direction in which I think you were heading with your question. :)

Never underestimate whoever your up against. I'm not saying they will ever fully stop us but it not outside the relm of possibilities they find some ways to make it a huge pain in our backsides.

I'm on Rebug and have had CFW from 3.55 when I had to modify the update file with CFW manually. Before then I had an original Debug or "Test" unit. I don't hate on the modders that don't have fun at the expense of others. I also strongly believe hybrids in full should be kept offline completely. I had fun in GT5 online with my Hybrids always realistic stuff, but its a situation where as many of us there are not getting in people way, an equal amount of turd bags will only want to muck things up for everybody, mess up TTs to brag, etc.

I'm not interested in my selfish fun messing a good time for anybody else.

I don't remember exactly, I wanna say 2.09 or 2.11, something like that.

Patch 2.11 on GT5 will allow everything you want.

To add a further note about GT6 savegames "being exposed to hackers"...

For GT6, PD have taken quite an effort to protect the savegame (I know about that, don't ask why/how. But that's why I've answered the "hackability = marketing poll the way I did = NO).

But, nevertheless.. it was the 17th of February 2014 where I was able to successfully "mod" a savegame on the PC - while still being able to load and use it on a PS3. I've added the LRV into my garage back then. It was about three weeks, after I decided to have a proper look into that kind of stuff.
I must admit, I had help on that (thanks again, to the "anonymous" guy that would like to stay in the dark/shadows and not be mentioned at all. I FULLY respect that, but I know who you are :D).

But, I don't want to be part of anything again that will allow "ruining other peoples online experience" at all. This is something, I never had in mind back in the GT5 days.

This text is not a "how to" and won't explaing ANYTHING about getting into GT6 savegame data. Any PM's about that will just be reported.

I just wonder if that guy over at NGU (who claimed to have decrypted stuff back in december 2013) will EVER manage to successfully load a "modded" save back into the game :)

And on a sidenote, if PD are really watching GTP.. feel free and contact me. I do have a few tips for you guys over in Japan (I'm not seeking any payment in that - free of charge 👍 ). It's not like I want a job at PD, but I like to help (without being payed at all). About how to distract offline modders. You've taken quite some promising steps back with GT5 patching already. This can be taken to the next level..

Never underestimate whoever your up against. I'm not saying they will ever fully stop us but it not outside the relm of possibilities they find some ways to make it a huge pain in our backsides.

I'm on Rebug and have had CFW from 3.55 when I had to modify the update file with CFW manually. Before then I had an original Debug or "Test" unit. I don't hate on the modders that don't have fun at the expense of others. I also strongly believe hybrids in full should be kept offline completely. I had fun in GT5 online with my Hybrids always realistic stuff, but its a situation where as many of us there are not getting in people way, an equal amount of turd bags will only want to muck things up for everybody, mess up TTs to brag, etc.

I'm not interested in my selfish fun messing a good time for anybody else.

True and a good point about not underestimating them. But, if there is a will, there will always be a way. Maybe I might not be smart enough given a certain situation, but they'll always be somebody that is and is able to get around whatever "fix" they put out.

There is no way this is going to improve GT6 for other people than the modders themselves.

I'm mostly referring to PD adding customization features that essentially came from what hackers did in GT5. Spoiler delete comes to mind. While I don't get involved in it myself, hacking seems to be one of the best ways to communicate to PD, in its own weird way.

This is 2014, modding is what keeps pc sims going - why can't the same happen for consoles?
I don't think so. Modding keeps pc GAMES going and not SIM's.
For example in case of GTA its fine(btw iam talking about car mods and stuff like that, not the multiplayer hacks and other stuff...)
In Case of SIM's ? No not really. A SIM "will be going" if the community is good.
For example i was in F1 CH 99-02 from the beginning and it had a few great mods but the community was not so strong, i still played it for years because we were driving with friends in a league but the other online lobbies were empty most of the time.

Another example: rFactor, If iam not wrong, rFactor is a Racing game with the most mods. I think there is a mod for everything in rFactor even a Horse mod :D iam not joking.
But whats going on with rFactor now ? i looked up the servers last week and all were empty , only 2 of them were with players and that were closed lobbies with password.

rFactor 2 ? Its a good game and it has good mods too but its dead, maybe "dead" is a bit to harsh but most of the rFactor drivers are actually driving Assetto Corsa or even Game Stock Car (which is a game based on rFactor).

The Community keeps the SIm going.

Another example: I started with Assetto Corsa 3-4 weeks ago.
The game itself is quite good, but the community , OMG just horrible.
In these 3-4 weeks i already know EVERY good driver in Assetto Corsa's Multiplayer. Less than 10 who are actually playing it. We know each other and if we are online we have great races, but whats up with the other drivers ?
Crashing, driving unrespectful, rules ? what are rules ? coming out of the pit and staying in front of the guy who is actually on a fast lap - dont care.... stuff like that.
So lets immagine Assetto Corsa with 1000 mods, would i play it ? The car itself doesnt matter if you dont have people which you can race with.

The best example: Gran Turismo 5. I played GT 5 nearly every day and i can remmember the first day where i saw a modded car. It was quite fun and the guy who was driving the modded car was quite nice and he sent me one too...
First 1-2 days were fun but then ? I already had a bad feeling because i knew it will destroy the core of this game . RACING. And after that i wasnt really playing GT 5 anymore, i joined a few server just to look if there are new 4329074529045724756235ß6 PS cars and after a week i stoped playing it. I had such great races with Gt 5, bumper to bumper every lap every corner without hiting the car in front of you , just epic races . And all of that was dead.

People who were messing around in GT 5 ( these guys who are crashing all the time) they loved these mods, and the real Sim races left GT and played if offline or played something else...

Thats how i think in case of moding and Sim Racing.
But you are absolutly right if it comes to games like GTA ; )

ps: I am not only talking about the 345235245 HP cars, stuff like : taking a Stock Clio and increasing the Grip level a bit so that your Clio is stock but you have an advantage over your oppenents in online races... It just destroyed everything.

Last edited:
May just be a coincidence but the Error Code When banned for a modded save game in GT6 is "2.11".

q-k are you in the shadows lol

I don't know about PD's intentions about setting up error codes. And I don't care at all.

But yeah, I like to keep being in the shadows/in the dark. For quite some months now. And it didn't stop there. I'm just "done" with spitting out knowledge to other people publically.

And about the folks on NGU.. A few fellows are wise enough there. But.. there's the other side still:

Folks that aren't really "grown up" enough to really cope with what they're modding at all. And how they are really disturbing other peoples online experiences.
I know, there are a lot of fellows that are grown up enough and know how to cope with the situatioin. But let's face it, there's still a group of "kids"(?) that cannot just cope with that. These are the kids that like to mod their cars with 0xFFFFFFFF HP.. just a "tick" before infitiy.. No, I don't feel any love for these moddings at all. It is the minority I guess, but still they do exist.

I for myself know what I've done back in February. I won't share any proof about it (you might call me out on that, but I don't feel the slightest need about answering that). I've been cured about "showing off" by now.

Regards, q-k

Last edited:
I don't know about PD's intentions about setting up error codes. And I don't care at all.

But yeah, I like to keep being in the shadows/in the dark. For quite some months now. And it didn't stop there. I'm just "done" with spitting out knowledge to other people publically.

And about the folks on NGU.. A few fellows are wise enough there. But.. there's the other side still:

Folks that aren't really "grown up" enough to really cope with what they're modding at all. And how they are really disturbing other peoples online experiences.
I know, there are a lot of fellows that are grown up enough and know how to cope with the situatioin. But let's face it, there's still a group of "kids"(?) that cannot just cope with that. These are the kids that like to mod their cars with 0xFFFFFFFF HP.. just a "tick" before infitiy.. No, I don't feel any love for these moddings at all. It is the minority I guess, but still they do exist.

I for myself know what I've done back in February. I won't share any proof about it (you might call me out on that, but I don't feel the slightest need about answering that). I've been cured about "showing off" by now.

Regards, q-k

I have to agree, and It irks me a bit how some don't care and just go online to let's face it, show off.

I know when you say you've done something you have done it. A hand full of guys I don't need proof from, you're one of them.

Trust me, anybody doubting this guy I will tell you this Kat is no joke

Same, I can probably count on one hand the amount of people on NGU I believe without question, a few of whom I have aided with bits on GT5. There are too many people on there who believe they're in the elite brigade, despite using tools they've had given to them.

Same, I can probably count on one hand the amount of people on NGU I believe without question, a few of whom I have aided with bits on GT5. There are too many people on there who believe they're in the elite brigade, despite using tools they've had given to them.

Even worse some will steal the tool change a tab name or some dumb ish and release it as a modified, new version or some BS.

Our friend here has shown me a thing or 2 ;)

I'm straight up, in previous GT I have save edited, since GT4. I started GT5 in HxD but eventually used tools for some stuff (different tools and editions for different stuff) but always doing some stuff in HxD. In GT6 I use a tool, but give credit to the maker of it. Something I started in HxD in GT5 has been featured in the tool so I have all my needs covered. I'm a little creative and I've come up with ways of using the tool even the creator was unaware of. Racing calipers on stock brakes is big for me as I don't use ABS and run stock brakes on most cars. Yes I'm a Tool Fool, but its okay with me :D

Last edited:
Ok I'll bite.

Elaborate to me how I am ruining your online experience?
Please explain how I am affecting you.
you having the ability to mod is not worth us having to deal with hackers online. by supporting hacking you are making it more popular and prevalent and therefore you are part of the problem

you having the ability to mod is not worth us having to deal with hackers online. by supporting hacking you are making it more popular and prevalent and therefore you are part of the problem
True. I support it only for offline.

Ok I'll bite.

Who cares if some people have cars with a HP value higher than America's debt, if you don't like that idea, kick the player or join a different lobby.

Question:

How does a V8 swapped Z34 that's chassis swap for a better stance and 700hp that's drifting ruin online experiences? Or does hearing a V8 in a car that shouldn't have it upset you and a level no sensible person could ever understand? Or does this not matter because you don't drift and that automatically means it doesn't matter?

Ok I'll bite.

I never claimed you were. It just seems a trend to use realistic modding to somehow justify that others have their experiences ruined by other modders.

I never claimed you were. It just seems a trend to use realistic modding to somehow justify that others have their experiences ruined by other modders.

So far nobodies online experience has been ruined by any modded cars. Once hybrids gets wide spread on OFW that may change a bit, but so far PD is on track sniffing them out fast enough its not a problem anymore than some jerk driving the track backwards to ram people.

Keeping them offline hurts nobody, waist none of PDs time and lowers the need for PD to patch it.

Realistic mods IS a justifiable reason to mod cars, & so long as we are offline, no regular users are impacted and PD doesn't have to care.

There are a few reasons that people modify GT6:

1. To have fun

2. Make GT more interesting (It gets boring after awhile)

3. To add features that PD won't put in the game themselves

I put modifications in ETS 2 (yes it is offline) for customizability, to make it funner, and to add my personal flare to various things in the game. I don't see why everyone is so opposed to modifications in GT6.

Back