Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,796 views
I'm only interested in the Porsche (or Ruf). If it's the CTR Yellowbird, then finally, the real deal instead of using replicas. It's anyone's guess as to what it is. It can be a CTR Yellowbird (OG or Anniversary, either would smack), a Ruf Tribute, or another in the byzantine labyrinth of 964 trims. Hopefully the Turbo. If it is the 964 Turbo, customization to make it resemble Blackbird's 964 would smack hard.


1000104471.webp
 
If that 911 silhouette is the 2017 CTR/Tribute then I am also happy and very eager to test out RUF's very own rear-engine chassis; not a 964 base whatsoever.
 
Honestly though, are Renaults particularly popular in Japan?
There doesn't seem to be any big collab between them and PD, yet we keep getting more and more Renaults of different years and types. Which is awesome, but unexpected.

As someone who peruses Japanese import auctions from time to time, I see a fair amount of them actually. V6 Clios in particular.
 
My personal disdain for EVs aside, if you’re going to include them in the game, us players need to be able to use them for more than just one-make races and time trials.
The fact that you can’t race against cars in your garage in ANY EV (that isn’t the laser powered 2X) is pointlessly restrictive. You also can’t have custom grids while using the Chevy VGT which is even more pointlessly restrictive.
Meanwhile we’ll probably be able to leave a grid of EVs in the dust with the Twingo but not the other way around.
It’s just bad game design.
 
The one and only thing I want from the Yangwang U9 Xtreme is to use the Overtake/DRS button to activate the jump system.



That's it. This or I riot.

They introduced that jumping feature back in update 1.49, but you posted an article yourself saying that it was a problem:
😂
 
The timing of it with the recent RUF-GT event might make it look that way, but it's a 964 Turbo S Leichtbau.
This will be interesting. Even more radical than the Carrera RS? I hope it sounds good.

However, I would love to see more common variants of the 911s as well.

Twingo is great because it was such a common „ugly“ car where I live and I still see some today.

The Yangwang: I wonder about its drivability with that amount of power. Its not my favourite as it is an EV but it does add variety.
 
You could be right, in any case the car on the left is 100% some version of a Porsche 930/964.

Maybe the Ruf CTR Anniversary?

View attachment 1530626
Oh man nostalgia from back I was riding all those RUF cars before Porsche made in GT and just pretend those were Porsche cars.

And nowadays GT has so many Porsche cars, We've come long way.

RUF is dope too nice to new one make it.
 
Last edited:
I’m a big fan of the 964 Porsche and hope it’s a turbo as some have suggested.

The Twingo will be a lot of fun. In stock form maximising corner speed will be essential to be competitive. I look forward to that challenge. There’ll be upgrade options and hopefully some interesting engine swaps to make it embarrass racier cars.

As for the Yangwang, it’s even heavier than the Xiaomi meaning braking distances will be long, very long.
 
The 964 Turbo Leichtbau?
It's one of my favourite Porsche, it's nice to see also her in this update.
 
I’m a big fan of the 964 Porsche and hope it’s a turbo as some have suggested.

The Twingo will be a lot of fun. In stock form maximising corner speed will be essential to be competitive. I look forward to that challenge. There’ll be upgrade options and hopefully some interesting engine swaps to make it embarrass racier cars.

As for the Yangwang, it’s even heavier than the Xiaomi meaning braking distances will be long, very long.
Me too, imo in terms of design the 964 is the most timeless Porsche 911 generation besides the 997.
 
Quite an interesting spread this time round. We have the car with the officially confirmed highest speed, a Porsche throwback/Ruf CTR Anniversary (really hoping for the latter) and a crapbox in the form of the original Twingo. Overall, good update.
 
It would be pretty weird to not release a RUF right as they are getting some brand exposure tied to GT. I don't think it is a Porsche.

The Yellowbird is really welcome, the Twingo might be useful for some one-make series and the EV is meh.
 
"Looking more closely at the ‘Porsche’ silhouette, it actually feels more like a Ruf when I really focus on the shape of the mirrors.

Especially the original 1987 Ruf CTR Yellowbird — its mirrors have that bullet-style shape, which you can also make out on the silhouette.

Also. It’s a very subtle detail since the silhouettes aren’t super clear, but you can also notice the absence of rain gutters. Those are present on pretty much all Porsches from that era, whereas Ruf typically smooths those areas out for aerodynamic reasons
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260419-090847.webp
    Screenshot_20260419-090847.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 6
Zero interest on EVs, but I get why they are in the game. This game. I guess the only two cars that I will be glad to see in this game: new Merc GT3 that Max is now using and the new BMW GT3. This way we will have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Merc GT3 up to date
 
Zero interest on EVs, but I get why they are in the game. This game. I guess the only two cars that I will be glad to see in this game: new Merc GT3 that Max is now using and the new BMW GT3. This way we will have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Merc GT3 up to date
Surely the McLaren 720s EVO and the Aston Martin vantage should be invited to the party too…
 
Last edited:
I would not mind. Just saying that the two most desired are these two for me:-)

Surely the McLaren 720s EVO and the Aston Martin vantage should be invited to the party too…
 
On a scale of 1-10 how big is the meltdown going to be that it’s not a RUF and just another “duplicate”?
Close to 10 for me, but we already know it's not a Ruf so my expectations were quickly muffled and so does the meltdown.
 
Zero interest on EVs, but I get why they are in the game. This game. I guess the only two cars that I will be glad to see in this game: new Merc GT3 that Max is now using and the new BMW GT3. This way we will have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Merc GT3 up to date
GT7 already has the latest merc iirc - new merc is coming in 2027
 
On a scale of 1-10 how big is the meltdown going to be that it’s not a RUF and just another “duplicate”?
I don't mind, actually. 964 Turbo is sort of expected given the datamined list.

And not just an ordinary one, either. 3.3S Leichtbau is a nice choice, considering other games opt for the 3.6 turbo or the widebody naturally aspirated 3.8 RS
 
I don't know why, but I'm most looking forward to the Twingo.

The only thing that bothers me about the car is the cockpit. It's just all plastic.

But luckily I'm driving the bumper-front version.

Let's see which engine they can put in it in a few months.
 
I didn't try the previous update, the first time I didn't bother, but will try this for the U9. I'm sure it won't be for too long though.
When we get a proper race car again my interest will return.

I am sure this will get several poo emojis but I think every update should include a race car.
 
Last edited:
I didn't try the previous update, the first time I didn't bother, but will try this for the X9. I'm sure it won't be for too long though.
When we get a proper race car again my interest will return.

I am sure this will get several poo emojis but I think every update should include a race car.
But why should it be like that?

Excerpt from the Gran Turismo website:

"Gran Turismo" (Italian for "grand tour" or "grand journey") originally refers to high-performance, comfortable sports cars designed for long-distance racing and high-speed travel. The term represents a combination of sportiness and touring comfort and is primarily known as a classification (GT) in motorsport, as well as through the popular Gran Turismo video game series.

I would prefer to see some luxury cars (NOT SUVs) from VW, Audi, Mercedes, Cadillac, BMW, Jaguar, etc.

and of course, a few family cars (vans and station wagons), even if they aren't necessarily GTs.
 
I´m most excited about the Twingo, since it was my first car 😁 Curious to see what kind of engine swaps and modifications we will get for it. The Porsche will be a fun thing to play around with in any configuration.
As for the X9: well I´ll test its high speed on XXSR and that will be it for that car. I´ll just buy it to keep a 100% garage score🙄
 
Back