Gran Turismo 7 and GT Sport User Interface Fan Art

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Scuderia Paul, Oct 4, 2014.

1. GT7mebe

GT7mebe (Banned)

Iirc PD did dip their toes into open city levels. In GT5/6/S (can't remember which one) there was a home screen that showed a 3D model of a city that cars would go through. Many thought it would hint at open city levels. To add to that, many photomode locations in GT5 had the entire town or city modelled, perhaps even with enough fidelity to have a car go around. I do hope PD look into the free roam driving one day.

We also did get that tech talk on procedural generation of cities by PD
    https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-procedural-landscape-generation-cedec/

The R4 dev only joined in 2019, so his work would be seen in GT7. I don't know his position however, he could be on the cinematography team as he was also experienced in replay cameras.

GT5's tuning menu is nice but its a bit outdated now. The one side gradient, large grid design is kind of plain looking. I think the parts being overlayed is a very nice affect though.

I'm not a big fan of havign realistic objects on a background that is highly minimal, I think it can be a bit too off looking. For stuff like track select I would do a 3D CAD model view

[​IMG]

or something like Modern Warfare's main menu: a real video feed with some simple graphics showing measurements

[​IMG]

For autoparts, I think PD should flex their graphics skills and do something more visually stimulating like this:

[​IMG]

I agree with the last part, GTS UX design is flawed in how many screens you have to go through.

ThePotatoKing, Nowax, Ddkklop and 5 others like this.
  2. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Good post but that's GT2's West City map not GT3's map, which is this:

[​IMG]

Though your description still fits :).

fikridroid, AgentBlackDog and Ddkklop like this.
  3. o000o

o000o

Yeah, but only because "driving" isn't only racing and it's "the real driving simulator" that I want free roam (sometimes this suggestion gets shot down because "GT has always focused on racing") where "driving" part is also teach driving on the streets like that, and note because of that I want it to follow traffic rules and drive like normal driver (stopping at red light, staying at the right path not at oncoming traffic's, etc.), even if that possibly sounds unfun to others that you're restricted (perks of open world is the freedom to do as you wish). And add free roam license (obviously you need licenses to drive on streets!) where you do stuff like avoiding crashing to traffic, parking cars, etc.

And I think the map in the menu can be a step towards that (drive to Scapes, School, Tuning Shop, etc. in your car), and one of the reasons I want it back, even if you think its a downgrade from Sports, a placeholder, and possibly that you want it removed.

Oh it's obvious, if it can, I definitely would prefer to use the actual 3D CAD model or interactive menus (for starter, though this always happens, cars appear and shown in its 3D model instead of just a picture showing the car) in any menus, But I think that not all menus can utilize that and if those can't utilize that, I think of using GT5's styling to make it elaborate too, and I mean for the parts overlaying part obviously.

GT7 shows the 3D models for the parts, but it's like this part of for example, GT5's Tuning Menu (the parts confirmation of GT5 and GT7 respectively).
    upload_2020-7-17_1-55-50.png upload_2020-7-17_1-54-34.png
    (the GT7 part of Purchase/Cancel got obscured by Rupert dialogue placing the descriptions like ECU part there).

Where would you put these kinds of something visually stimulating like this for PD to any part of the game? GT Auto animations where you show the car actually treated would come to my mind personally. Would you think, the Tuning Shop too with newly generated 3D models for the part? Also regarding making the menus this elaborate either animations or models (and for map menu, other than free roam I also had thoughts of turning it into functioning city; putting moving cars on it, dynamic setting of it being lighter at daytime, darker at night time, etc.), would you think this can potentially slow down the game by a lot (and that menus are unimportant, just focus on gameplay)? Because GT5 had a case of this, and GT6 removed for example, the animations and the game was faster.

I thought the complaints for something like map menu that I heard is that? (how many screens you go through). But because GTS also had a case of this I thought it's not the problem within the map menu, and if the game wants full nostalgia like I said before, the map returned, but not the shortcut menus yet, which GTS Top Screen resembles (but not utilized properly with it changing to the name of the menu you're going) so if that returned, the map menu is actually like GT1/GT2's and it gives advantages too in navigating.

AgentBlackDog and Animedeaf like this.
  4. GT7mebe

GT7mebe (Banned)

Driving to those locations to navigate the UI would be bad design. It would take too long. You want the UI to be quick for routes that users will frequently visit, like auto repair, upgrade, garage etc.

Yeah the placeholder is pretty much GT5 with a bit of GTS font and colour. Hope it changes.

Similar to how you have a video play when you buy a car. I got to GT auto, click on brakes and see an exploded view of the wheels brake suspension etc, which then compacts once I leave brakes.

It doesn't even have to be real time, just play a video with some simple graphics over it, like the Modern Warfare menu.

If the videos are too intensive (they would only need memory and the PS5 has a lot of it), they could just uses still images of the exploded view.

But I don't think videos are too expensive for GT, considering GTS uses real time renders.

Honestly the GT4 style is quicker than a drop down menu simply because you can see all options in one page. It just stops there being those very nice looking scapes shots being played in the background.

5. o000o

o000o

Are you implying that I want them to drop the menu system and just go free roam as the only way to navigate? Hell no! Keep the main menu as it is, just that for free roam, use the map on the menu as the setting. So I mean there's 2 ways, the usual menu navigating or driving on free roam with those places available as bonus.

I want that to be implemented, and I want to have video play/exploded views type and not resorting to the "discounted" version like the MW menu (I hope PS5 is a system strong enough to handle that without long loading times, I want those to be implemented on menus but people loathe that if they slow down the game), but I don't think GT Auto handles brakes (it could be used on other things like the car's exterior parts right?). Probably that's suitable on tuning shop.

fikridroid likes this.
  6. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Volksauto, Harsk100, ZEE and 5 others like this.
  7. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

50% Achieved
    [​IMG]
    Icons and images are from google image search. Some with minor modification.
    Cup, stars, TOYOTA CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car, Confetti.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  8. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

25% Achieved
    [​IMG]
    Cup, stars, Lotus Elise, Confetti.

9. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

TRD Tune Shop
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, TRD logo, tune part line up icons from GT2.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  10. o000o

o000o

They should bring back the tuning car part's name back on the dealership.
    They use fictional brand instead currently in GT7, it can be made GT3 way (the tuning name displayed depends on which car used; using Toyota displays TRD).
    [​IMG]

Harsk100, Ddkklop, ProjectF and 4 others like this.
  11. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

You're right, I did some quick editing to see how it would look.

trd.jpg nismo.jpg sti.jpg ralliart.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Loading Race...
    [​IMG]
    Images are from google image search. Some with minor modification.
    Ferari 512M blueprint.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  13. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    ArR29, Sambreero, Harsk100 and 8 others like this.
  14. SportCoaster

SportCoaster

Any User Interface Fan Art where there are more Dealer Sorting Settings?

Something like:
    -Sort by Founding Date
    -Sort by HP Average
    -Sort by PP Average
    -Sort by Price Average
    -Sort by Specialty (Steet, Sport, Race, Supercar, etc.)

15. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

GT Auto - Oil Change
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, oil change image

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    ArR29, Animedeaf, Harsk100 and 3 others like this.
  16. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Loading Race...
    [​IMG]
    Images are from google image search. Some with minor modification.
    Lancia Beta Monte Carlo Turbo blueprint.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    AgentBlackDog, Animedeaf and Harsk100 like this.
  17. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Tune Shop - Racing Modification
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, RS-R logo, HKS logo, JUN logo, TRD logo, AMUSE logo.
    Supra image from www.petrolsupplyco.com
    Jun Supra image from www.vk.com/skinhunters

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    RetroJohan, ProjectF, ArR29 and 5 others like this.
  18. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

GT Auto - Wheel Shop
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, RS Watanabe logo, RS Watanabe wheel.
    Subara Impreza 22B image from www.petrolsupplyco.com
    Wheels from www.petrolified.com

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Ddkklop, ZEE, RetroJohan and 5 others like this.
  19. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Game Credits
    [​IMG]
    Gran Turismo 7 logo.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  20. Nigrick

Nigrick

Now I'm curious to see how would you treat racing HUD. And why don't you use 16:9 aspect ratio? Or your version of GT7 runs on CRT TV?

fikridroid and Hallitrd like this.
  21. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

The gameplay HUD is already done, you can find it earlier in this thread.

22. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Notice
    [​IMG]
    Text from GT1 notice screen.

Harsk100 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  23. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

License Center
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, cup icon, license icons.
    License text from GT1.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    AgentBlackDog, KayX23 and Dave A like this.
  24. fikridroid

fikridroid

I think your classic Windows/Mac-inspired UI had me imagined of a GT1/2 HD remake, rather than GT7. It captures the nostalgic 90s racing game vibe perfectly in my opinion.

max0426 and Hallitrd like this.
  25. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Thanks, good to hear that you like it. I was inspired by some old racing games for NES, PSX and others consoles. So I gave it a try to make this retro GT UI. If you ask me, I'm looking forward to see and try GT7, but remake of the old classic GT games would be nice.

ToyGTone and fikridroid like this.
  26. Nowax

Nowax

Woww i thought i was the only one who knew that Behance account, Erica made a fantastic work into that UI :D Also, Dribbble is fantastic if you want to get some inspiration!

fikridroid likes this.
  27. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

GT Store
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, VW Touran, Toyota Landcruiser J200, Sparco shoes, GTPLANET/CALSONIC racing suits.
    Bodykit, spoiler, wheels, MOTUL vinyl from www.vk.com/skinhunters
    Sparco shoes text from www.sparco-official.com

ZEE, Nowax, RetroJohan and 3 others like this.
  28. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Frankly I'd be happy with a 4k HDR version of GT4s interface throughout. That thing was beautiful top to bottom in my humble opinion.

Nowax, fikridroid and hejustsits like this.
  29. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Tune Shop - Muffler
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, mufflers
    Text from GT2 with editing.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Nowax and AgentBlackDog like this.
  30. Hallitrd

Hallitrd

Tune Shop - Tires
    [​IMG]
    Home icon, car icon, tires.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    ZEE, AgentBlackDog and Theufcveteran like this.