Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

In game HDR settings don't work properly and are not as good as the settings found in GT Sport. The Exposure box that is at default 0 EV allows you to move a slider down to -1 or up to +1 but it doesn't alter the picture at all, it still looks too grey and washed out.You should see the effect of moving the exposure down on the screen picture of the Porsche on a track with all the trees either side.The box to the right is Saturation and that works fine, you can see the picture become less saturated as you move it down from it's default setting of 100.
Man fix your settings. Go into the HDR menu on playstation. Set it 14-14-0.

Check this video, HDR is phenomenal and even better than GTS which set your settings in-game. GT7 supports HGIG and the PS5/PS4 calibration screen.

First time I started the game I got the 100,000 credits for pre-order. Then allowed my daughter to play on her username. She got the 3 cars, but not the credits.
IIRC this was the same in GT Sport - the user who loads it first (or enters the code first) is awarded the bonus credits, but all users on that machine receive the bonus cars.

Man fix your settings. Go into the HDR menu on playstation. Set it 14-14-0.

Check this video, HDR is phenomenal and even better than GTS which set your settings in-game. GT7 supports HGIG and the PS5/PS4 calibration screen.

I don't have a tv as good as this, it's a Samsung 9K series it doesn't have tone mapping or HGIG. It's not OLED. I have it set best I can with both suns just out of view then the last one set to it's very darkest.
All my other games including GT Sport looked great.
When I boot up GT7 it look very washed out, when I go in Display settings I leave the Saturation at 100 and the Exposure slider does nothing.Changing it any direction has no effect on picture.
Like I said, GT Sport had far better settings in game for HDR that when altered made a massive difference.

Last edited:
GT7 is crashing for me in Photo Mode.

I think it's only happening when I choose 16x9 aspect ratio. The 4x3 mode doesn't crash. 16x9 always crashes.

I'm on a PS4 Pro, game installed on external SSD.

Anybody else tried 16x9 photos?

Edit March 7, 2022: When I wrote the above, I did not have access to Scapes. So far, 16x9 works as expected in Scapes, so it’s only been a problem for me when taking photos in Race mode Replays. My workaround is to hold down the Preview pad on the controller and take a screen shot.

Last edited:
Anyone else have their best time not match on their friends list for Mission Challenge 1 (The Magic Mountain). I'm not sure if it's meant to only display your first gold time or not but I did a second run yesterday because I got a shedload of wheelspin exiting the turn and wanted to rectify that, which I did, but the time didn't update. Just checked again and it still hasn't :confused:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220305051558 - Copy.jpg

Anyone else have their best time not match on their friends list for Mission Challenge 1 (The Magic Mountain). I'm not sure if it's meant to only display your first gold time or not but I did a second run yesterday because I got a shedload of wheelspin exiting the turn and wanted to rectify that, which I did, but the time didn't update. Just checked again and it still hasn't :confused:

View attachment 1119835

ha-ha-the-simpsons.gif

I don't have a tv as good as this, it's a Samsung 9K series it doesn't have tone mapping or HGIG. It's not OLED. I have it set best I can with both suns just out of view then the last one set to it's very darkest.
When I boot up GT7 it look very washed out, when I go in Display settings I leave the Saturation at 100 and the Exposure slider does nothing.Changing it any direction has no effect on picture.
Like I said, GT Sport had far better settings in game for HDR that when altered made a massive difference.
try the 14-14-0 settings... the first two screens on the ps hdr settings should just be brighter than the imge it shows by 1 tick. the last NEEDS to be the darkest with 0 ticks...

I posted in the other thread but will do so here just so it's noted in the right place for this site.
I have the PS5 25th Anniversary disc version of GT7.
When it became available, I launched the game, did the display and other set-up, and then got gold in the 3 music rally events available (the third after many attempts as I played about with my settings because I wasn't happy). Upon exiting the third one back to the menu, playing the third event's music on loop in the background, it without warning flashed up a box mid-screen and immediately went into rest mode (orange light). I hit the PS button on my controller and the PS5 responded by switched to a flashing/pulsing blue light. An attempt to start the PS5 in safe mode failed. I waited a few minutes, hit the power on button once, and the PS5 booted up to a 'send error report' form. After passing that, everything seems to work as normal except the ongoing install is painfully slow (2-5MB/s). Don't really want to try gameplay during install again just in case it does it again.

Last edited:
Do you have a yellow compass-like icon in your top menu bar? If so, what happens when you click on it?

In addition, screenshots and video may help diagnose and solve any iss
  • No compass icon
  • Menu Card complete
  • I don't get any reward
  • It doesn't go any further

Attachments

• 17f567515de85-screenshotUrl.jpg
    17f567515de85-screenshotUrl.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 17f56759e9d44-screenshotUrl.jpg
    17f56759e9d44-screenshotUrl.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 17f567550d228-screenshotUrl.jpg
    17f567550d228-screenshotUrl.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 17f5675dc4a31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    17f5675dc4a31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
1. Wheels and steering wheel goes back to default position in slow motion when using gamepad (the same issue that was present in GT Sport after one of the updates).

2. Online lobbies are broken - there is no race settings menu when in the lobby.

3. Sometimes Ray Tracing turns off and is not present in replays even in RT mode. You need to restart the game to fix it.

Unable to progress on the game at all. I had gone to collect the reward for completing the first menu book and it came up with an error saying I was disconnected from the server. Game locked up for a minute and kicked me back to the map screen. Have been stuck in this situation ever since, I go to the Cafe and have no way of moving forward. Menu book is greyed out, archive does nothing, and selecting menu book 1 simply tells me that I have acquired all cars. Can't move on and can only do license tests or the first 3 sunday cup races and a random GR.3 race. Sitting here on a $90 demo. Don't even have the new car dealer unlocked yet...

Hey so I purchased a Mustang GT350R new and can't customize it AT ALL. The sheets are busted; They have no name and you can't save them, only make more blank sheets that don't save the data. So pretty much I blew all these credits on this car and it's staying stock. All my other cars I can make sheets/delete/edit/rename them just fine. Its just this one car (the one car I wanted to tune out). So disappointing... PLZ someone fix soon.

The car settings for the ‘65 Mini Cooper S will not save and the PP won’t change no matter what parts I buy so now I’m stuck on the “tune a classic car” cafe menu.
Same for me but it's the Mustang GT350R

Last edited:
So if you press X at "Belohnung erhalten" nothing happens?
Nothing. I tried delete saves on console and cloud and start new career and it's not working, because GT saves your progress on GT servers. What now? Wait and race unlocked content.... 😪😪😪

Last edited:
Nothing. I tried delete saves on console and cloud and start new career and it's not working, because GT saves your progress on GT servers. What now? Wait and race unlocked content.... 😪😪😪
Same problem here on book 1. Posted a video along with a description of what happened but I'm just waiting for the moderator to approve the post. Very frustrating that I can't progress in this game.

I am in the same boat as you. Also, I am missing the checkerboard settings pages when doing display calibration on GT7, it goes straight to exposure and saturation. Similarly only saturation makes slight difference when set to 100

Last edited:
When I lock up driving the Toyota Aqua around high speed ring in the wet the tyres remain locked even after releasing brake pressure.

Back