Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,132 comments
I tried to buy the M3 89’s yesterday and they weren’t in the UCD. ☹️ I’ll keep watching for it.
One thing I figured out:if you tune them up, it doesn't really make a difference if it is a M3 89 or a M3 Evo 89...the Evo has a little bit more horsepower when you buy it, but all other stats a pretty much the same...

One thing I figured out:if you tune them up, it doesn't really make a difference if it is a M3 89 or a M3 Evo 89...the Evo has a little bit more horsepower when you buy it, but all other stats a pretty much the same...
I’m going to watch the ucd and try and get 10 of each. Hopefully I don’t miss them when they come around.

Added a few more Kenmeris and another R5 to my replica JCCA TS Cup. Testing AI with these cars, at one of the worse locations for AI. In GT Sport, the AI slam on the brakes at Reid and Sulman parks.
In GT7, PD tuned the programming for light taps of the brakes. One of the AI does one tap and another applies the brakes twice. I rode the bumpers of both cars to gadge how much they slowed us down. Everywhere else, the AI handle well. Especially the yellow 240ZG at the end. It didn't overshoot the Chase, as the three previous cars did. Probably to keep it tight to the finish line.
Also noticed the blue Kenmeri redlined it in 4th gear, before T2 to stay ahead of me.
Cars range from PP 615-588, RH, Boost Weak.

Set up a reverse Maggorie full course Ferrari event. Very fun, just don’t pay squat. I like being able to save lineups and use them on other tracks. Working through the full list of tracks for seldom used/not used variants.

I made my own Laguna Seca 200 Mile race with American cars up to 700PP. I can get some good money, 140k. That's almost on par with the GT5 iteration.

I’m going to watch the ucd and try and get 10 of each. Hopefully I don’t miss them when they come around.
I did it as I got the 20 cars M3 89 with different livery and my little championship.. good but there are things to know...
cars cannot be performance differentiated a lot... only RH or CS tyres (except your own car) and BOP apply to so you cannot really have individual PP on each.
so either you create reverse grid order on each new race start or you risk a finish line carbon copy replica each time..

Not sure if this has already been discussed….but you know the championships in the menus? There should be a custom championship mode in the game, not to mention qualifying
Definitely agree. But welp... this is PD after all I don't expect it ;)

For me, the way the AI races makes no sense, how can I beat second, in a 20 car field, by +20seconds and have my fastest lap around 4 seconds slower than what the Fastest Lap of the race set by the AI?
I believe this is due to what people call rubberbanding? Am I correct?
Anyway, it makes races way less enjoyable to know that you are wining against an opponent that could obliterate you in a jiffy😒

Been struggling lately to find the motivation to play GT7. Only time Ive played the game is when my friends are on online and we do online lobbies which is maybe once or twice a week. Other than that the rest of the game just not inspired me.
I started my own custom Touring Car Championship back in August but stopped after two rounds as GTWS at the time took more priority. Anyway decided to jump back in and do another round and I had an absolute blast tonight at Red Bull Ring. I do 3 races each round with 20 cars all with similar performance, quali grid that i do myself, then a full reverse grid and then a random grid makes sure the results are always random, random weather as well (had rain in the second race) with each race starting at sunrise, afternoon and sunset just made the racing tonight amazing and some much fun! Yeah the AI are annoying in some corners but getting the PP, BHP and other setting correct can make the AI really competitive.

Video from my first race and the opening lap. Game just looks amazing with the sunrise and the car headlights shining, along with the car sound.

Super fun to race 1990s le mans gt1s and gt2s. On La Sarthre, the road cars manage to keep up as they destroy the gr2s down the straight whereas the second half of the lap goes to the gr2s through the esses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024_101334_com.scee.psxandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024_101334_com.scee.psxandroid.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
Has anyone made a list of tracks where the AI is ‘good’ in road cars?

I know they are terrible at:
1. High speed ring
2. Deep forest

I was testing these with a field of 20 Mitsubishi GTO’s and lapping the AI within a few laps even with an air restrictor.
It would be good to know what tracks are better than others

It’s funny that Forza 7 had the same sorta of issues with certain tracks with some dreadful apex braking

Last edited:
Don't know about the road cars, but I've been getting good battles in Gr 1 around Maggiore and Fuji.

So last night I finally started the 15-race all-Honda series I've been working on liveries for a while for. A while back I thought it would be fun to take the Honda road cars (Civic Type R all gens, Civic Touring Car, Integra Type R's and the S2000) and give them JTCC/JGTC liveries as accurately remade as I could make them - so it's taken me a while to get all the liveries done! I still need to re-do the Kool Accord '97 livery which I've got on a '98 Integra, but as I managed to finish the last remaining livery last night (the Gather's Civic Ferio on the Civic Type R FK2) I thought I'd make a start on the race series.

My race format is three races at each circuit, five circuits through the "season", with points allocated as per finishing position - lowest points wins. And, aside from Race 1 where the grid is set by race number, each race is either a reverse grid of the previous or set by championship standings. All the cars are set to 228-230hp, and all at 1250kg. There's a mix of turbo and NA cars across the grid, a mix of widebody and standard body, and a really nice range of liveries across the field!

My race calendar is Suzuka, Autopolis, Fuji, Tsukuba, Kyoto Yamagiwa.

So last night was Suzuka, and driving the #18 Mugen X Dome Civic Type R (NSX '02 JGTC) I started on the 4th row. I bogged down massively on the start, and because I've set my power way down at 185hp to make it more of a challenge, I was in 14th by the time I reached the first corner. It was a relatively simple task working my way back through the field up to the lead cars by the end of lap 2, but once I finally got into the top 3 - battling against the Kool Integra Type R '98 of N. Hattori and the PIAA SN Civic Type R '20 of T. Kurosawa (another '97 Accord livery) - the AI turned up the heat and actually started fighting back! It wasn't too much of a challenge though, as I got past Kurosawa on lap four and took the win by about 3s.

Race two was a reverse grid, so I start back in 20th, and I'm trying to keep the racing as clean as possible (no leaning on other cars in the corners, not out-breaking them while chasing them into a corner, etc.) so I had some fun battles working my way through the pack for the first couple of laps. Once through the main pack though, I just pushed hard with empty track in front to catch up with the Mobil 1 S2000 of J. Matsuda (NSX JGTC '01), Inter TEC Civic Type R '15 of A. Hanhe (Civic Ferio '94) and the widebody Kunimitsu Kaneko Civic Type R '20 of A.Iida (NSX GT1 from Le Mans), where the real battles started. I managed to pull off an awesome bit of car placement on the final chicane on lap 4, sneaking through to win by 1s ahead of Iida.

Race three was another reverse grid, but this time a light rain had turned up, so a little more caution was needed. The first lap again was a load of fun, especially through the esses, and I had to push pretty hard to catch Kurosawa in the PIAA SN Civic Type R '20 who was battling with T. Ichisima in the Spoon Civic Touring Car (Spoon Civic EA '85), oddly very underpowered in this series! I tucked in behind them for two laps and we eventually dispatched Ichisima and fought for the win. I had to settle for 2nd in the end, less than 0.5s off the bumper of Kurosawa.

After all that, I'm miles ahead in the series (so I'm thinking I'll drop the power even lower for Autopolis), taking two wins and three fastest laps out of three races... I saved the replays in Race 1 and Race 2, but forgot to save the replay in Race 3 ( 🤦‍♂️ ) so I'll try share them when I'm on GT next.

If only the paid properly. I think I won 13k, 14k, and 9k...

Yes, I love my JTC set up as well. ‘94-‘96 era liveries and keeping them to real life regulations: 270bhp/950kg(FF) to 270bhp/1050+AWD(It’s supposed to be for RWD, but I use 5:95 on the EVOs and I leave out Silvias, etc.).

Yes, I love my JTC set up as well. ‘94-‘96 era liveries and keeping them to real life regulations: 270bhp/950kg(FF) to 270bhp/1050+AWD(It’s supposed to be for RWD, but I use 5:95 on the EVOs and I leave out Silvias, etc.).
I didn't realise they had those power/weight regs. I've got mine at 230/1250, but that's because it was the easiest set of figures I could use across the full field. It's good fun racing them though. It's slow enough for tight racing in a pack through twisty stuff but fast enough to have some fun when the field thins out.

I didn't realise they had those power/weight regs. I've got mine at 230/1250, but that's because it was the easiest set of figures I could use across the full field. It's good fun racing them though. It's slow enough for tight racing in a pack through twisty stuff but fast enough to have some fun when the field thins out.
For sure. Some of the tightest battle packs I’m having.

As far as regulations, I search the car I’m looking to replicate and Ill get a few listings. Say, for the Primeras I’m replicating:

“From 1994, the All Japan Touring Car Championship (JTCC) was contested in the New Touring Car category, which replaced Group A.
This category, which was later renamed "Super Touring", was a 4-door sedan event that was popular in Europe at the time. Regulations stipulated that only 2,000c engines (swapping was possible with other engines from the same manufacturer) with a maximum speed of 8,500rpm could be used. Minimum curb weight was 950kg (FF) and 1,050kg (FR). With these conditions applying to all entries, the races were closely fought, and this is what made them so exciting. One major feature was that fact that races were held twice a day.”

Power and wheels sizes:

Nissan Primera GTJanspeed Engineering
BTCC
EngineNissan SR20DE 4 in line
SilvMarch-1993-23.jpg
Bore and stroke
Size1998 cc
Cams2 OHC
Valves per cilinder4
Power274 HP
Details
TransmissionHollinger 6-speed
Weight950 kg
Brakes f/rdisc / disc
Wheels f/r8 x 18 / 8 x 180
TiresYokohama

For sure. Some of the tightest battle packs I’m having.

As far as regulations, I search the car I’m looking to replicate and Ill get a few listings. Say, for the Primeras I’m replicating:

“From 1994, the All Japan Touring Car Championship (JTCC) was contested in the New Touring Car category, which replaced Group A.
This category, which was later renamed "Super Touring", was a 4-door sedan event that was popular in Europe at the time. Regulations stipulated that only 2,000c engines (swapping was possible with other engines from the same manufacturer) with a maximum speed of 8,500rpm could be used. Minimum curb weight was 950kg (FF) and 1,050kg (FR). With these conditions applying to all entries, the races were closely fought, and this is what made them so exciting. One major feature was that fact that races were held twice a day.”

Power and wheels sizes:

Nissan Primera GTJanspeed Engineering
BTCC
EngineNissan SR20DE 4 in line
SilvMarch-1993-23.jpg
Bore and stroke
Size1998 cc
Cams2 OHC
Valves per cilinder4
Power274 HP
Details
TransmissionHollinger 6-speed
Weight950 kg
Brakes f/rdisc / disc
Wheels f/r8 x 18 / 8 x 180
TiresYokohama
Awesome stuff! I wish we had the old Primera in the game... 👎 And the Accord!

Most fun I had in a long time in gt7.
Not only landed ls7 rampage swap for amuse 380rs but also discovered this custom race option.
Quick video of this all swapped madness:

My GT "GT" Series is ready. The idea is to only use the in-game fantasy brands and create a championship around that. No real GT3 cars allowed! At the best "GT spirit", only fictional Gr.3 cars will take part in this. Well, there's a real counterpart of the Atenza Gr.3, but the other option was the Citroen GT and that car is way to hard to create any liveries! :lol:

Grid is 20 cars, 2 for each team and they will be racing around real and fantasy circuits.

zCwADl9.jpg

edit: since it's 10 cars for each team, the idea was to make liveries that are plain and simple because it's faster than make a detailed livery for every car

edit2: it's allowed to edit after so many months? :lol: I changed the cars a little bit a couple weeks ago. Some of them remain the same (like the Suzuki VGT), others like the Lancer Evo got new decals here and there

Last edited:
Welp, dusted off my RX-8 Cup cars and tested The tyre compounds again. Just to amuse myself. Bought a set of SS for one AI and my car. AI still not using the tyres I assigned in that car’s Settings. The real race series use semi-slicks. For once, I’d like to use SS compounds, but I’m going full RH, as per my normal play. :rolleyes:

25 laps/50 minutes at Daytona. Came down to the last three laps. Couldn’t stop the car for the final 4 laps. No HUD, so couldn’t check tyre wear.

65A03C46-5755-4B8E-B60B-1D744E756B4C.jpeg

I'm currently working on copying all events from Sport's GT League, complete with exact time of day, weather conditions and everything else.

Not everything is in yet, I just started this. I will be updating it when I get the time.

Last edited:
Ran two 10-lappers at Monza using a 15 car grid, mostly Group C cars. I threw in a Tomahawk and the MP4/4.

For the first race, I used my 787B at 800pp. I had the Tomahawk pass me on the last lap and I finished second. For the second race, I bumped the 787B to 900pp. That made it a bit too easy.

I‘m really liking the Custom races. I’ll refine them as I go along.

I find that nearly every time I set up a custom race, I either sit at the front and get bored lapping alone, or 1-3 cars at the front take off and are never seen again until the checkered flag appears next to their name a minute before anyone else's.

I set up a Gr.4 race, forget the track, with BOP on and boost set to weak, Professional difficulty. Somehow the lead two AI cars finished more than 40 seconds ahead of everyone else. Those two were close, the rest of the AI cars were decently close for an hour of racing, but there was a huge gap between those leading two and the rest of the cars. Nobody needed to pit. And I do expect some spread after an hour, of course. But this just feels like two of the cars cheated and left the rest behind. The real race was for third and below.

I just don't understand how to keep things relatively balanced without picking the cars myself. Even with the game's settings that are designed to keep the racing closer, I run into very unbalanced cars and/or AI.

Yeah, reads silly, but I can’t trust a Full field of BOP cars. I used to run my built-to-GT4 spec cars amongst Gr.4 cars. It was more balanced.

The AI are really pushing these cars(I mean, as much as the programming does). Even when they let me by, they’re back on it.

I love this! Could you post your settings for some cars in this grid? Are you using Sport tires or racing tires?

I wanted to recreate 90s group A racing and I wonder... Is Skyline R32 GTR was widebodied or not in original Group A?

I love this! Could you post your settings for some cars in this grid? Are you using Sport tires or racing tires?

I wanted to recreate 90s group A racing and I wonder... Is Skyline R32 GTR was widebodied or not in original Group A?
Gotta be quicker. :lol: Lots of things change for me in a few days. I converted cars back to stock. I’m trying something different.

For the cars in the video, all cars are stock body with 18” wheels & wide offset(the ‘97 Integra only goes up to 17”), Racing Hard, rear spoiler removed from the Lancer and I think a couple Integras.
For the Skyline, I leave the body and use wide offset. The tyres are wide enough to Replicate the look of the real cars.

For the touring cars, negative camber are -5f/-4r. I’ve stuck with that for many years, while watching BTCC mentioning those settings at a Snetterton night race event.
Power/weight for the Evo IV and M3 non-Evo are about 280-290BHP/1050kg(I think the Lancer only drops to 1053kg). They just need the ECU for detuning. 270BHP for the Integras and Civic TCs. All cars have a Racing Silencer. It’s all about the sounds with these cars. :)
Springs are about 3.0 hzf/r for all cars and anti-roll bars are varied. I mean, the AI will be using them. So, they’ll have all the aids on anyway.
As for the Evo IV, I use the Torque Vectoring set at 5:95. A caveat if you use it, the Lancers can feel light in the rear(not snappy, but lively, at corner exits. Be easy. It’s not so quick off the line with TCS Off either. AI will blast past you during a Grid Start though.

I don’t mess with the differentials. I buy the two-way diff.

Transmissions can be left stock or buy the Manual transmission and leave the default settings. The cars don’t need to reach 300km/h. They’re perfect redlining at about 240-250 km/h.
The R32, I set camber to -5f/-3r. Some of the real car front camber were more than that, but we’re only limited to -6f/r.
That car is about 550 BHP/1260kg, 18” wheels.

As for other Gr.A cars like the Supra ‘88, I used widebody to get the tyre width. The real Gr.A performance was great. The cars were too heavy. I tuned it a Little over 500BHP/under 1300kg. The R32 just murders everything like the real one.

M3 Evo I left stock body. Max engine tuning and use 18” wheels with wide offset.
As close to this as possible https://www.supercars.net/blog/1990-bmw-m3-group-2/

Back