Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,008 comments
Alrighty. From Custom Race, we can choose up to 20 cars. Initally, the grid will be one make with all cars the same as your current selected car. You can then select any car on the grid and change it, change the name of the AI driver and move the car into any grid position.
2ABFF303-E0B3-4A2B-9169-076A4D2839C6.jpeg

2335DCB1-7356-4461-A3FE-F3A78FCF4F02.jpeg

276BA548-42CB-41D7-A80B-9B77BA994254.jpeg

Pretty pleased to see GT finally letting you choose specific opponent cars and grid order for a quick race.

Is it safe to assume you can't tune individual opponent cars (as in adjusting performance)?
Haven’t bought any parts yet. However, adjusted the ECU on the RX-V to 489BHP and assigned to the AI.

Edit: Just won a 10 lap race 50x tyre/fuel. The faster cars down to the GR YARIS, pit. Refuelling is slow. Did nearly two laps while the cars were in the pits. The Demios ran long and the front tyres were pretty worn by the end. The Supra caught up but pitted penultimate lap and the RX-V was stuck in traffic last lap.
1646321304421.jpeg

Last edited:
1646390843142.png
Ok So I have tried, it is possible to give different liveries however it has to be two different cars, I had two sciroccos (one bought) and applied different Styles, it worked because it treats as if just two cars

I assume this is why the liveries and are not called liveries like sport anymore but rather as STYLES
This would meant performance parts are works the same as well

btw regarding transfers I managed to accidentally found it for helmet

Open the design editor then open the design list, it will show the ones from GT SPORT waiting for you to import to be GT7 Compatible

I’ve got my customised Cars with liveries in my races, but the AI road cars are on default CM, CS and SH tyres. Not the RH tyres I have fitted to my garage cars.
Can someone tell me how I can change my car before starting the race? Please!
It doesn’t look possible In Custom Race. We can jump into Time Trial and change it there. So, no need to click all the way to home garage. Unfortunately, we can only change AI cars in Custom Race.

So, anything for custom track conditions? I haven't played with this feature yet since I'm still building my collection to use them in it later.

So, anything for custom track conditions? I haven't played with this feature yet since I'm still building my collection to use them in it later.
When you enter an event, scroll to Custom Race and have a look at weather conditions. Depending on track location, you can start with zero wetness on track surface to full wet and clear skies to torrential rain.

When you enter an event, scroll to Custom Race and have a look at weather conditions. Depending on track location, you can start with zero wetness on track surface to full wet and clear skies to torrential rain.
Can you set the time of day and progression?

Some things need to be added to this mode

-Adding a change car option to this mode would make things a lot easier if you decide to set up a different type of race, instead of backing
all a way out and going into your garage to get another car.

-Definitely need to save favorite settings

Track dependent, It gives choices as in Early Morning, Afternoon and Evening. Not as numerical time.
So, basically how it is in Sport and you can't adjust the progression speed. Hopefully they'll put new features and updates to this.

I think someone was asking about wet weather set ups in Custom race. I think some of the wet weather options, are limited by circuit.
Namely, the 24h real world circuits: Nurburgring, Spa-Francorchamps, La Sarthe, Fuji Speedway. If anyone have circuits to add for wet weather conditions in Custom race and Lobby, please post.

I'll have a check on setting up weather transitions later.

A bit of a caveat when buying tyres. You can assign your tuned cars to AI, but the AI will use the default tyre from the stock standard car.

I have RM fitted to all my Levins, but only the CM tyres are used. It's weird because the Championship races show AI using different compounds, but we're not given those options.

The car you choose to run, can have whatever tyre you choose. Just not the AI cars.

Alrighty, you have to pick one of the real world endurance tracks. I tried variable weather with Tsukuba. It only has one bar for Custom Weather. Below, at Spa, can be seen the two selections for Custom Weather.
1646636149594.jpeg

Water at start
1646636511565.jpeg

Pick either slot for the conditions at Start or Finish.
1646636233294.jpeg

I did 2 laps and it spit a little bit midway in the second lap and then started to rain entering the final chicane and across the finish line.

Another set up I’m finding is, AI difficulty raises the higher the PP of the car assigned to AI. I was noticing in my field of pony cars, the more lower PP cars I added, the difficulty dropped from One Red to two yellows. The more higher PP cars I added, that raised the AI difficulty back to One red bar.

As for AI compete ends, again, the tyre choice is limiting as well. The Boss 429 have SH as standard. Challenger R/T have CS as standard. Z/28 and Mach 1 have CM as standard. Those two race closer as the 429 pulls away and the Challenger always ahead of the Camaro and Mustang.

Going to bump up PP and see if increase performance makes a difference or having too many of the lowest PP car, determines the overall difficulty.

A couple more runs. Really weird. As per the Pony cars, the Boss 429 equipped with its standard SH tyres is at PP 566. With the CM tyres fitted, it drops to what’s in the pic below. Why I say weird, is because, the AI difficulty drops, if there are two Boss 429s on the grid.

I can place 19 Mach 1, 19 Challenger, 19 Camaro. Mix all three cars evenly, with eight each and have two Boss 429s that drop the AI down. Once I replace the AI Boss 429 with either of the other three, the difficulty raises. Weird.
Wasn’t having this issue with the N2 cars(even though it’s essentially a one make, but all seven cars have slightly different PP- don’t mind the one with 519. I’m testing a set up).

Anyway, two videos to see how AI fair with pit stops and close racing at Daytona for six laps. The other video, has me using the one 429 versus Camaros and Challengers. No Mach 1. Just a 1x tyre/fuel six lap sprint. Still trying to figure if I can get AI to the full three red bars. Unless, that’s coming in an update.
1646790827131.jpeg

What kills me the most is that if you have a heavily tuned road car and equip it with RH tires, they automatically remove them and equip comfort or sports tires. (You noted on that before)

I'm really hoping they give an option keep current tires equipped. Had my R32 and '02 Viper stay pretty close to my Castrol Supra and RX-Vision until the high speed curves came into play. They may not be DIRECT competitors but it's fun putting your heavily tuned cars against actual race cars to see how they hold up. Especially since you can apply kits and aero that attributes to actual DECENT downforce.

What kills me the most is that if you have a heavily tuned road car and equip it with RH tires, they automatically remove them and equip comfort or sports tires. (You noted on that before)

I'm really hoping they give an option keep current tires equipped. Had my R32 and '02 Viper stay pretty close to my Castrol Supra and RX-Vision until the high speed curves came into play. They may not be DIRECT competitors but it's fun putting your heavily tuned cars against actual race cars to see how they hold up. Especially since you can apply kits and aero that attributes to actual DECENT downforce.
For sure. I have to adjust the tune on the Crown, in dealing with the treaded tyres. Slides the rear too muc. I don’t mind though. This is all I do.

Another quit tip, the longer the race, the more weather slots can be added. So far, at Bathurst(still, the worst AI), sixty minute race added nine slots. Unfortunately, no rain conditions.

Definitely liking the fact that you can hand-pick your opponents' cars (although from the garage only, as the Arcade Modes have literally no rental cars at all), and that you can rename them and assign their nationality.

They really got some inspiration from Assetto Corsa's custom championship mode for that, didn't they?

For sure. As far as the console version, AC is that much better, due to stringing and saving championships. The added points options are a plus. Even without the dynamic weather, it’s still great for solo play. If PD can do a bit better with the AI, I’d put GT7 equal with AC customisation.

How do you change the AI’s names and nationalities for a custom race? I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Maybe I am stupid, I don’t know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
How do you change the AI’s names and nationalities for a custom race? I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Maybe I am stupid, I don’t know.

Thanks.
Alrighty. From Custom Race, we can choose up to 20 cars. Initally, the grid will be one make with all cars the same as your current selected car. You can then select any car on the grid and change it, change the name of the AI driver and move the car into any grid position.
View attachment 1119496
View attachment 1119495
View attachment 1119497
You‘re not stupid. When you go to Custom Race->Select Layout->Scroll down to Rival Settings->Rival Selection->Click and scroll in the drop down menu to Select from Garage->Scroll to Select from Garage Open->Change Driver Name. 💪

Back