Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,091 comments
One of the things people say the game is still lacking is events. What would guys think if we created a set of curated races?

Some of us, if not most, must have created some really nice combos that others could try. Maybe something akin to the Human Comedy races. Not necessarily in terms of race length, but also in terms of challenge and diversity.

Round 2 of my imsa series. 12 hours of Sebring (dragon trail gardens)

Attachments

• 022317DF-803C-4706-BE14-7D114D9547CF.jpeg
    022317DF-803C-4706-BE14-7D114D9547CF.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 22
  • BF3B1D5B-522C-4112-972C-F218DA7E1F94.jpeg
    BF3B1D5B-522C-4112-972C-F218DA7E1F94.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 4F89BE47-E451-4E23-B94B-87D3087769F7.jpeg
    4F89BE47-E451-4E23-B94B-87D3087769F7.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 23
  • A67DB2B7-8097-410E-A158-73B88122D555.jpeg
    A67DB2B7-8097-410E-A158-73B88122D555.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
One of the things people say the game is still lacking is events. What would guys think if we created a set of curated races?

Some of us, if not most, must have created some really nice combos that others could try. Maybe something akin to the Human Comedy races. Not necessarily in terms of race length, but also in terms of challenge and diversity.
I have a career mode in the works. It has a motorsport ladder career, and a classic GT-style career, which borrows endurance races from the motorsport career, and blends the two.

693 classic GT-style races at the moment, with a GT3-esque structure, where some events are repeated throughout multiple leagues but with more powerful cars. It’s not all duplicates, far from it, but drivetrain events and some others have three versions, each with faster cars, to give a sense of progression with each type of car that you own. Do you upgrade, or buy a new car?

There are also manufacturer events. These are not finished, but they will have between 3 and 5 races. Multiplying the number of events by 4 as an average gives 328 non-invitational or legendary car events.

Invitational and/or legendary car events will be in separate leagues, and “optional”, not part of the progression, as not everyone can get these at any moment.

@pritchyTim and I have been exploring how to create an economy and reward system that emulates classic GT. We think we’ve got it fairly well down, involving tracking your credits earned from custom career races, and only using those to buy cars.

Gift cars, too. If you have the specified gift car or similar in your garage, as long as it is either stock or does not have irreversible modifications you can put that into your custom career garage.

If you do not have the car, then a “gift race” will be listed, where you complete a race within the regular GT7 career that has a payout close to the value of the gift car, allowing you to purchase it.

These gift cars and races allow you to still accrue a wide variety of cars, and because of this, you can enter different types of races.

I will be creating spreadsheets to make the process as streamlined as possible for those who want to play it, to where you just change a text box in the spreadsheet that represents your current career balance.

Last edited:

Seems like this thread could be a good area to capture our collective “good grids” in more organized fashion: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...created-by-members-under-construction.417505/

Been a bit busy, personally, but looking to add one or two of mine in there in the next week or two. I know, having read this thread, that there are a lot of good options out there among us, but it’s difficult to navigate these thousand+ comments.

Also @Theufcveteran has an INCREDIBLE effort nearing completion, it looks super fun. Still, the sheer magnitude of the project may prevent all of its grids from being as perfectly dialed in as some of the individual (often replica) races/series shared in here.

If not that thread I linked - you’ll see the initial tone is a bit different than “only the best grids” - I would love to visit some dedicated space where I knew the menu would have lots of fun and proven options without too much chitchat in between to bury the content.

Seems like this thread could be a good area to capture our collective “good grids” in more organized fashion: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...created-by-members-under-construction.417505/

Been a bit busy, personally, but looking to add one or two of mine in there in the next week or two. I know, having read this thread, that there are a lot of good options out there among us, but it’s difficult to navigate these thousand+ comments.

Also @Theufcveteran has an INCREDIBLE effort nearing completion, it looks super fun. Still, the sheer magnitude of the project may prevent all of its grids from being as perfectly dialed in as some of the individual (often replica) races/series shared in here.

If not that thread I linked - you’ll see the initial tone is a bit different than “only the best grids” - I would love to visit some dedicated space where I knew the menu would have lots of fun and proven options without too much chitchat in between to bury the content.

That’s exactly my reasoning. We have a lot of good races buried in this thread. We need to bring them to spotlight.

I was thinking something like the praiano tunes where you have a list and then you have the details and discussion linked to individual posts.

I’ll work out a template for us to use and we compile a few races to hit the ground running.

@Theufcveteran You better have some mx-5 in that career mode :)

Jokes aside, that sounds awesome. Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking.

Edit: I went to see the thread you shared and that could be a good home four curated races. I’ll get in touch with the op and see what he thinks. There’s no real reason to split similar information. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
Thinking about trying an aussie supercars series after i’ve finished my imsa series.

Would be a cheaper championship using the camaro zl1 and ford gt350r.

Choosing the circuits could be a bit trickier though

That’s exactly my reasoning. We have a lot of good races buried in this thread. We need to bring them to spotlight.

I was thinking something like the praiano tunes where you have a list and then you have the details and discussion linked to individual posts.

I’ll work out a template for us to use and we compile a few races to hit the ground running.

@Theufcveteran You better have some mx-5 in that career mode :)

Jokes aside, that sounds awesome. Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking.

Edit: I went to see the thread you shared and that could be a good home four curated races. I’ll get in touch with the op and see what he thinks. There’s no real reason to split similar information. Thanks for sharing it.
There is an event where the MX-5 can be used, looking to incorporate the MX-5 Cup 😊

I don’t know when it’ll be finished, but it could be about a month. Maybe a bit longer. There is a lot of auxiliary stuff I need to do for things like qualifying times and testing out certain events, but that will be one of the last things I do.

There is an event where the MX-5 can be used, looking to incorporate the MX-5 Cup 😊

I don’t know when it’ll be finished, but it could be about a month. Maybe a bit longer. There is a lot of auxiliary stuff I need to do for things like qualifying times and testing out certain events, but that will be one of the last things I do.

I’ll be working on a MX-5 Cup after I finish my Super GT season. I’ll share my findings.

Sure. I’m starting to research it. I just watched last year first round in Daytona and wow.
Mazda MX-5 Cup

Format: Qualifying -> Race 1 -> Race 2

Car: ND/NR-A Miata

Minimum car weight, not including 80 kg driver (average): 1,046 kg/2,307 lbs (1,030 kg/2,270 lbs for British MX-5 Cup using the Mk3 MX-5)

Qualifying duration: 35 minutes

Race duration: 45 minutes

Per the IMSA MX-5 Cup Sporting Regulations:

The fastest lap time achieved by each Car during a qualifying Session determines the starting positions for Race #1.

The starting positions for Race #2 are determined by the second-fastest lap achieved by each Car during the same qualifying Session.

Daytona International Speedway - Road Course

Trial Mountain

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Watkins Glen International

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow

Autódromo de Interlagos

Grand Valley Highway 1

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

Last edited:
Mazda MX-5 Cup

Format: Qualifying -> Race 1 -> Race 2

Car: ND Miata

Minimum car weight, not including 80 kg driver (average): 1,043 kg/2,229 lbs (1,030 kg/2,270 lbs for British MX-5 Cup using the Mk3 MX-5)

Qualifying duration: 35 minutes

Race duration: 45 minutes

Per the IMSA MX-5 Cup Sporting Regulations:

The fastest lap time achieved by each Car during a qualifying Session determines the starting positions for Race #1.

The starting positions for Race #2 are determined by the second-fastest lap achieved by each Car during the same qualifying Session.

Daytona International Speedway - Road Course

Trial Mountain

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Watkins Glen International

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow

Autódromo de Interlagos

Grand Valley Highway 1

Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

Thanks.

I’m thinking of using irl starting grids for the 1st race and do reverse grids for the 2nd race each round.

I hope I can set RH tyres for everyone, and I don’t know if I’ll buy 20 cars to have individual liveries for every driver. We’ll see. The Super GT grid cost me a good amount of credits.

Is the ND a roadcar? Do we need to tune it with racing parts?

Last edited:
Thanks.

I’m thinking of using irl starting grids for the 1st race and do reverse grids for the 2nd race each round.

I hope I can set RH tyres for everyone, and I don’t know if I’ll buy 20 cars to have individual liveries for every driver. We’ll see. The Super GT grid cost me a good amount of credits.

Is the ND a roadcar? Do we need to tune it with racing parts?
It is, yes. Do you remember the modified ND MX-5 Polyphony added to the game a few months back, along with the Mazda Spirit Racing livery for the RX-Vision GT3? I think that would fit perfectly.

From the Gran Turismo Wiki page:

O0rJVMS.png

It does need some tuning, here are the specs/available GT7 upgrades of the ND2 Cup Car:

181 HP SKYACTIV - G Engine.

2019 wiring harness - Unavailable in GT7

Bosch Motorsports ECU

Enhanced cooling system for driveline - Unavailable in GT7

Weight (without 80 kg driver average): 1,046 kg/2,307 lbs

Last edited:
It is, yes. Do you remember the modified ND MX-5 Polyphony added to the game a few months back, along with the Mazda Spirit Racing livery for the RX-Vision GT3? I think that would fit perfectly. I don’t think it needs much tuning, if at all.

From the Gran Turismo Wiki page:

O0rJVMS.png

According to imsa the car has 181 bhp and all sorts of racing parts. The gt7 car has 130 bhp stock. I don’t know if it has racing parts. I’ll have to check.

There’s some liveries that replicate the imsa series but I don’t think it’s enough for a full 20 car grid.

According to imsa the car has 181 bhp and all sorts of racing parts. The gt7 car has 130 bhp stock. I don’t know if it has racing parts. I’ll have to check.

There’s some liveries that replicate the imsa series but I don’t think it’s enough for a full 20 car grid.
Yes, my bad, I just checked and updated the post.

I figured it was pretty close, but given they are running the ND2 car now, that might have bumped the power up.

I watched part of a race from last year and I didn’t notice any aero parts like the ND2 car, likely because they are naked carbon on most cars, and blended into the tarmac, so I assumed the NR-A ND was close to identical. I should’ve checked the regulations first. My apologies.

I don’t think it’d be too expensive for a grid of 20. One run of Le Mans might cover it, two definitely will.

Last edited:
Yes, my bad, I just checked and updated the post.

I figured it was pretty close, but given they are running the ND2 car now, that might have bumped the power up.

I watched part of a race from last year and I didn’t notice any aero parts like the ND2 car, likely because they are naked carbon on most cars, and blended into the tarmac, so I assumed the NR-A ND was close to identical. I should’ve checked the regulations first. My apologies.

I don’t think it’d be too expensive for a grid of 20. One run of Le Mans might cover it, two definitely will.

They don’t have the aero. The 22 ND doesn’t have aero either so I think that one will be fine. Probably some racing parts like suspension, brakes, gearbox and something that rises the bhp will suffice, if necessary. And that car is not expensive so yeah it won’t be too bad. The ECU is needed to tone down our own car because of the throttle “bug” in the AI cars.

The alternative would be to use the roadster touring and remove the wing.

If anyone is bored, here’s an antidote. Amazing race this was.

Last edited:
Thinking about trying an aussie supercars series after i’ve finished my imsa series.

Would be a cheaper championship using the camaro zl1 and ford gt350r.

Choosing the circuits could be a bit trickier though
I experimented with it, but the ZL1 torque was killing the Mustang. Even starting the 10 ZL1s at the back and adding pit stops, the ZL1s motored to the top 10.
Was going to try the Gr.3 C7 and Mustang, but bought other cars for different series. Good luck though.

Is it me or the tracks that don't handle 24h day-nigth-day transition if forced there by the race configuration move from day to night but then get stuck there until the end of the race, no matter how long it is?

zjn
Is it me or the tracks that don't handle 24h day-nigth-day transition if forced there by the race configuration move from day to night but then get stuck there until the end of the race, no matter how long it is?
Yes. Those tracks will remain at whatever time, Ex:"9:00 PM" until race completion.

Is there a known issue at Daytona Road Track where the AI just stop accelerating when they get to the speedway part of the track after the west horseshoe and after the le mans chicane? When I check the replay the ASM is fully triggered and they just refuse to accelerate until they’re out of the bank part.

This happens with the Mazda MX5 ND 22 stock and tuned, and also with the Mazda Roadster Touring car.

@Theufcveteran This is making the daytona race too easy and not fun at all. Tried it on Watkins Glen and apart from a sound bug in the 5th gear (the gear where the AI refuses to accelerate at Daytona actually) the race should be a lot of fun with 95% ECU 👍

Is there a known issue at Daytona Road Track where the AI just stop accelerating when they get to the speedway part of the track after the west horseshoe and after the le mans chicane? When I check the replay the ASM is fully triggered and they just refuse to accelerate until they’re out of the bank part.

This happens with the Mazda MX5 ND 22 stock and tuned, and also with the Mazda Roadster Touring car.

@Theufcveteran This is making the daytona race too easy and not fun at all. Tried it on Watkins Glen and apart from a sound bug in the 5th gear (the gear where the AI refuses to accelerate at Daytona actually) the race should be a lot of fun with 95% ECU 👍
Daytona depends as well. I did a mock BTCC with the Gr.4 AWD cars and they were consistently quick over the entire race. I set up an N2 AE86 race and the AI give up on the banks. Muscle & Pony cars, I get good racing. Not sure what triggers the slowdown.

Daytona depends as well. I did a mock BTCC with the Gr.4 AWD cars and they were consistently quick over the entire race. I set up an N2 AE86 race and the AI give up on the banks. Muscle & Pony cars, I get good racing. Not sure what triggers the slowdown.

That sucks. Some tracks are just dead for AI races. SPA is awful because the AI can’t do la rouge flat. Even Suzuka they can’t do the fast left flat on a GT500 car. It’s not too bad but it’s noticeable. And now Daytona, for some cars at least. And I’m not sure if it doesn’t happen with other cars but they’re just faster and go through the banks faster making it less noticeable.

This doesn’t happen at Daytona Speedway for example. It’s actually fun to do that race with the MX5

Last edited:

Damn, yeah, I haven’t tested any tracks yet, my first “draft” of the calendars is to get the same track as real life, or the next closest one in terms of layout and sometimes characteristics.

I’ll be testing all the race series’ tracks before I post the career to weed out any issues with the AI. Thanks for mentioning this, and Spa. I would like to keep that if possible, so I’ll be looking at tweaks for AI car settings to try and help them with it.

Yes. Same with Bathurst, but I think I noted this update or the previous one, the Ai programming was changed at The Dipper and slows the cars right down to a crawl. Nearly stopping. No matter the cars used.

Back