Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,980 comments
  • 7,945,516 views
Does anyone know what the Type A side skirt does on the E36 M3? I can't for the life of me see any difference.
 
I had an idea: I think if the UCD returns in GT8 - a likely scenario - then I think rarer cars should have four-digit mileage more often, like the Lamborghini Diablo GT and the Ferrari 512BB. And this could extend to cars you can buy in Brand Central, but are still quite rare IRL like the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and the Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Though I do suppose that their typical prices in the UCD reflect their rarity, even when they have five-digit mileage...
 
Last edited:
The Vauxhall Corsa is coming to Gran Turismo, in VGT guise:


I won't take any credit for finding this, Sheltie on Tidgney's Discord is the man 🫡
 
The Vauxhall Corsa is coming to Gran Turismo, in VGT guise:


I won't take any credit for finding this, Sheltie on Tidgney's Discord is the man 🫡
If Vauxhall returns, they have to bring the VX220.
 
I like the look of the car. Too bad it's electric.
 
The Vauxhall Corsa is coming to Gran Turismo, in VGT guise:


I won't take any credit for finding this, Sheltie on Tidgney's Discord is the man 🫡
I first read "Vanwall". lol

VGTs bring good news these days. Not for what they are but for what they say. Official Chevrolet race cars, and the comeback of a brand.
 
The Vauxhall Corsa is coming to Gran Turismo, in VGT guise:


I won't take any credit for finding this, Sheltie on Tidgney's Discord is the man 🫡
It’d be interesting to see a Chrysler Valiant Charger make it in. PD been adding a few Stellantis vehicles. Anyway, a classic six-cylinder coupe is made for the GT7 car list. Especially one from 1971. ;)
+
1755647868254.webp

+

Vauxhall/Opel/Holden all the things. :lol:
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
 
It's nice to know that Fiat-Chrysler is still GM's rival, (or thinks it is) to the point that they'd put out this press release for something they could have left as an early September surprise, just so they can be in the news cycle before the CX and CX.R launch.

Vauxhall being a new brand in GT7 aside (please, VX220, I'll take you if I can't have a Lotus) that's only one Stellantis VGT against two GMs; will they make another variant to compensate, or bring another brand along?
As I type, @05XR8 is already thinking what I'm thinking and left me at the tree, but yes: with GT7's recent focus on utility car culture with the Unimog, Kangoo, Carry; how perfectly would a Holden VZ Ute fit in?
 
The Vauxhall Corsa is coming to Gran Turismo, in VGT guise:


I won't take any credit for finding this, Sheltie on Tidgney's Discord is the man 🫡
I'll elaborate in a few, but it's... not... quite... mmmm. I don't really know how to express it.

Edit: To clarify, I was writing the GTP article at the time and had both the Opel and Vauxhall press releases which both state they're making the Corsa GSE VGT, both feature the car with the relevant brand logo, and both state that their model is in the game. Scratching my head on how that's going to work...
 
Prediction: Vectra touring car and first and third gen corsas getting added between GT7/8. What i want: First gen Meriva.
 
It's interesting to potentially see Vauxhall return to GT (key word: potentially - until it comes straight from Polyphony's mouth it's just a rumor to me, even if it's from a major auto maker)

On one hand, I'll be a bit bummed out if a potential Vauxhall VGT ends up like the Skoda, where you simply have the VGT and PD doesn't do anything else with it.

On the other hand the fact that the brand is officially in game does open up some interesting options for GT8, even thinking about just the base car roster much less potential update cars for either the current game or next.

This is where a major gripe I have with GT7's car list lies. Not the lack of modern cars, race cars, certain performance/halo models or an overabundance of VGT's, I have no personal qualms with any of that, but what does make me question is the fact PD has all these licences, yet so many brands have like 3 or less cars. KTM has a few race cars that could work, Volvo has a huge list of historical and current models, ditto Skoda and FIAT, Pontiac and Plymouth while defunct have a treasure trove of potential offerings, DS has several models that could slot into the game, especially where the current CUV trend is concerned, and while I understand the lack of Infiniti's, with just about every model they could offer potentially being slotted into the Nissan brand instead, it still feels like there is a lot being left on the table.

Even brands with seemingly a lot of options in game are heavily biased toward one model lineage, with Mercedes being mostly AMG GT's, Chevy being super Corvette heavy, Honda being the domain of the Civic Gang Ft. the NSX, Mistubishi being heavily frontloaded with Lancer Evo's, etc. (at least it's not 20+ variants of the Skyline I guess)

Of course, this is more of a personal gripe than a serious "gAmE rUiNeD 0/10!!!" moment, and is not exclusively a GT problem(basically any game with licenced cars tends to fall into this, even Forza)
 
Last edited:
I'll elaborate in a few, but it's... not... quite... mmmm. I don't really know how to express it.
A Vauxhall that won't have an Opel twin. Weird.
It has one apparently (?) I'm very confused by this news https://es.motor1.com/news/769278/opel-corsa-anticipo-nueva-generacion/
Yup, that's the mmmm alright.


How this will work I do not know.
 
Huh, interesting. Guess we already have the first car (or cars?) for the September update, somehow well before we know the rest of the cars for the August update.
 
Last edited:
Would be an ideal Gr. 4 machine, but it's gonna be illegal in the Manufacturers Cup not only because Opel doesn't have a Gr. 3 car to go along with it, but if I remember correctly, a manufacturer has to have one modern Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 (by definition: those sold in Brand Central) to be eligible.
 
Would be an ideal Gr. 4 machine, but it's gonna be illegal in the Manufacturers Cup not only because Opel doesn't have a Gr. 3 car to go along with it, but if I remember correctly, a manufacturer has to have one modern Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 (by definition: those sold in Brand Central) to be eligible.
Wouldn‘t it be more similar to a Gr. 2 car? Iirc these older DTM vehicles were silhouette cars similar to today‘s GT500 cars from the Super GT.
 
Back