Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Some issues with drivehub? Like random disconnect or anything else?
Yes. I'm getting random disconnect with T500rs, TH8A shifter, GT7 (ps4) abd PS4 PRO.

May need to update drivehub firmware. One minute it's working, next race starts and it's just gone. Sometimes I can lose the steering and brake pedal but retain control over accelerator and clutch and th8a. ?????? I guess this will need sorting by polyphony or collective......

I have read sony can detect Drivehub and stop it working?
If it does work, could my t500rs and clubsport v3 pedals work?

This sucks, this is why I prefer pc
If this is licencing issues it makes me want to never go thurstmaster again. The g29 is officially supported for ps3,ps4,ps5 its ridiculous. And its much cheaper.

Last edited:
Signed up to join the club, T500rs and ps5 😢
i bought the anniversary edition tho so i have installed the ps4 version and playin that on my ps5 so i can use the T500rs.

i really really hope they add in T500rs support in ps5 edition and its not some licensing issue

Before I buy one, could someone please confirm. Would a t500rs & clubsport v3 pedals work with GT7 if I bought a drive hub? IS that all I need to buy?

I find controller so boring with racing games, and I dont want to buy a new wheel

One minute it's working, next race starts and it's just gone.
What controller have you connected to the Drivehub? AFAIK (I don't have a Drivehub, but a GIMX) you need a third-party Playstation licensed pad (e.g. a Hori) for it pass the handshaking challenges that happens every 8 minute or so. At least that's reported to work in PS5 games like Dirt 5 (yay! /s)

It's worth noting that because Drivehub and similar products reportedly are used for cheating in FPS games, Sony has started to block such devices. I believe it was EA who reached out to them.

it makes me want to never go thurstmaster again
I sincerely doubt Thrustmaster told Sony to stop supporting their wheel bases (and unlike the T500, the G29 was introduced in the PS4 era.) But it sure is annoying.

Last edited:
What controller have you connected to the Drivehub? AFAIK (I don't have a Drivehub, but a GIMX) you need a third-party Playstation licensed pad (e.g. a Hori) for it pass the handshaking challenges that happens every 8 minute or so. At least that's reported to work in PS5 games like Dirt 5 (yay! /s)

It's worth noting that because Drivehub and similar products reportedly are used for cheating in FPS games, Sony has started to block such devices. I believe it was EA who reached out to them.

I sincerely doubt Thrustmaster told Sony to stop supporting their wheel bases (and unlike the T500, the G29 was introduced in the PS4 era.) But it sure is annoying.
Ive just read its them not paying the licence to sony. Although its annoying sony are charging for it too, annoyed at both.

Should this 3rd party controller be wired? I saw PS4 wired Hori controllers. Do I need to connect this to a drivehub for PS5?

Last edited:
I have just tried the TS500RS on the PS5/GT7 with the following results.

TS500RS and Drive Hub working with GT7 (PS5 version) on the PS5.

TS500RS working with GT7 (PS4 version) on the PS5.

The Wheel feels similar in both scenarios, I did notice some kind of grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply whilst the Drive Hub was connected.
Confirmed TH8A in sequential mode working well, plugged into the back of the Drive Hub. (GT7/PS5/TS500RS).

Last edited:
I've been enjoying GT7 all evening on PS4 using my T500rs. This makes me so glad that I haven't yet found a PS5 for sale at a reasonable price just to find that my wheel won't work with GT7! A new console, an extra £10 on the game and the cost of a new wheel is probably not going to happen as I only have a 1080p screen to play it on anyway.

On another note, I haven't been online for at least a year as I have been playing MSFS 2020. I put down some pretty good times for the licenses in GT Sport, I spent an hour on GT7 trying to gold A-4! When on earth did the players on my friends list get so good???

I'm totally looking forward to posting some average times on the GTP weekly time trials when they switch over to GT7!

Last edited:
I can’t seem to get the wheel to work on gt7 (T500rs) how do you go from using the controller to the wheel?
When I go to race it’s only the controller that is working, this is on PS4 pro
My way is as follows:
1. Do not connect any device to the PS4 USB port.
2. After opening the game, connect the T500RS and confirm that the steering wheel has an automatic positive action.

I ordered a Drive Hub (and Hori Mini pad) after reading the initial reports that the T500 doesn't work on the PS5 version. I received it already and can confirm that it is working! My TH8A shifter works when plugged into the Drive Hub also, although the clutch doesn't seem to work. I'll have to look into this further, but that's a minor issue at this point.

Regarding the clutch, I found this in the official GT7 manual. It seems as though you have to push the clutch before you touch the shifter in order to enable full-manual mode.

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational (Auto-clutch mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Thanks for the information everyone!

Last edited:
Confirmed TH8A in sequential mode working well, plugged into the back of the Drive Hub. (GT7/PS5/TS500RS).
I ordered a Drive Hub (and Hori Mini pad) after reading the initial reports that the T500 doesn't work on the PS5 version. I received it already and can confirm that it is working! My TH8A shifter works when plugged into the Drive Hub also, although the clutch doesn't seem to work. I'll have to look into this further, but that's a minor issue at this point.

Thanks for the information everyone!
Just to confirm with both of you -- you got a Thrustmaster T500RS working on Gran Turismo 7 on a Playstation 5 using a Drive Hub?

@fishfash -- with "sequential mode", do you need to use the clutch? @reiji said his clutch isn't working. I lost my "sequential cap" (unless it's in my box in storage), so I can only use the H-pattern shift mode.

All this being said, I don't use the shifter much... and if the two of you can confirm that the wheel and pedals work with GT7 on a PS5 using a Drive Hub and a Hori mini pad, I'll order one now.

Last question(s) -- I assume the force feedback still feels the same? And if you want to do button swaps to it, what do I select in the Gran Turismo options/controller settings?

Just to confirm with both of you -- you got a Thrustmaster T500RS working on Gran Turismo 7 on a Playstation 5 using a Drive Hub?
Yes, that is correct.

The Drive Hub emulates a G29, so you would change your button configuration in the G29 settings in GT7.

I have noticed that driving over curbs gives no feedback at the moment. Based on some other comments I've seen around here and Resetera, this seems to be an issue with the FFB implementation for G29 that might have to be addressed by PD.

Yes, that is correct.

The Drive Hub emulates a G29, so you would change your button configuration in the G29 settings in GT7.

I have noticed that driving over curbs gives no feedback at the moment. Based on some other comments I've seen around here and Resetera, this seems to be an issue with the FFB implementation for G29 that might have to be addressed by PD.
Outside of the lack of curb feedback... would you say the strength is the same / other feelings are the same? If it emulates a G29, I'm curious if it has less data points to send than the TM T500RS would.

I had a 923 delivered yesterday and the FF is quite lacking. If I'm essentially going to get the FF strength and sensations of a G29, I might pass because a Drive Hub essentially has me (cost-wise) half way to a (used) G29. But if I essentially get my 500 to work like it used to on GT Sport, then I can't send them my money fast enough. LOL.

Thanks for all your help! There are people on Reddit trying to figure out a solution... and... if you don't mind, I'm going to share your info with them as well.

Last edited:
Outside of the lack of curb feedback... would you say the strength is the same / other feelings are the same? If it emulates a G29, I'm curious if it has less data points to send than the TM T500RS would.
I still have to experiment with the "Force Feedback Max. Torque" and "Force Feedback Sensitivity" settings some more, but there seems to be quite a lot of variability to the overall FFB strength. It's been a while since I played GT Sport with my T500, but it feels like the same FFB strength to me.

Last edited:
Also, for those looking for additional threads, here are some good ones:

Very cool i have a preorder in for the drive hub and the hori controller now. thanks everyone for the updates in here showing it works!
I e-mailed Drive Hub late last week and here was their reply. It seems to echo what people are saying here (summary first, then their quote second).

• It works, just not officially supported.
  • You need a wired approved controller.
  • There are some force feedback issues with it that they're working on (although some people in various forums think that it's a game issue that PD will have to solve, not a Drive Hub issue).

To quote them...

"With a PS4 hori mini pad although it is not officially supported on PS5 yet. But yes you could use this method as an auth controller which would work for Drive Hub. There are some issues we are currently working through on GT7. We have had reports of force feedback issues."

Not sure about this website, however that is the Drive Hub required for GT7/PS5/TS500.
That is great news! Do you have TH8 as well? I am wondering if it will work by connecting it to the accessory port in Drive Hub.

Hi, there.

Do you own a TH8 shifter as well? That is the only "missing variable" in my setup before I order a Drivehub now ;)
I know that drivehub has a dedicated accessory port for such devices.
Yes the TH8A works in Sequential Mode whilst connected to the accessory port in the Drive Hub.
Keeping an eye on this thread.
I am debating getting a T248 but wonder if its any better than my T500rs.
Or do I buy the DriveHub and 3rd party controller so I can use my T500rs.
I believe the T300 is a better choice. I have tested the TX wheel (similar to the T300) with the Drive Hub/PS5/GT7 and works well and the FF is decent. When I connect my T500 with the same setup the FF feels much stronger.
And you have a third party controller plugged in right?
Yes, a Hori mini.

@fishfash -- with "sequential mode", do you need to use the clutch? @reiji said his clutch isn't working. I lost my "sequential cap" (unless it's in my box in storage), so I can only use the H-pattern shift mode.

All this being said, I don't use the shifter much... and if the two of you can confirm that the wheel and pedals work with GT7 on a PS5 using a Drive Hub and a Hori mini pad, I'll order one now.

Last question(s) -- I assume the force feedback still feels the same? And if you want to do button swaps to it, what do I select in the Gran Turismo options/controller settings?
I don't use the clutch with sequential mode, I haven't tried the clutch yet.

The T500 wheel/pedal works with Drive Hub/GT7/PS5.

The FF feels good, better than my TX when hooked up with the same setup.

i haven't tried any button swaps.
I e-mailed Drive Hub late last week and here was their reply. It seems to echo what people are saying here (summary first, then their quote second).

• It works, just not officially supported.
  • You need a wired approved controller.
  • There are some force feedback issues with it that they're working on (although some people in various forums think that it's a game issue that PD will have to solve, not a Drive Hub issue).

To quote them...

"With a PS4 hori mini pad although it is not officially supported on PS5 yet. But yes you could use this method as an auth controller which would work for Drive Hub. There are some issues we are currently working through on GT7. We have had reports of force feedback issues."
The only issue I have experienced so far is the FF will randomly stop working. Sometimes after a few hours, other times after 5 minutes, it's very random.

Sometimes pausing the game and resuming the game kicks the FF back into play. Other times I would have to close the game and start again.

Also there is some type of grinding noise when taking corners sharply, I haven't used my wheel in years and perhaps the noise is related to oversteer/understeer.

However I did not notice the grinding noise in the PS4 version.

Last edited:
I've ordered à drivehub. But i think the best thing, if you don't care about graphics, play the ps4 version on ps5. T500 will be full compatible and 60 fps.
I ve got the 25th game and i think i will do this

Not sure about this website, however that is the Drive Hub required for GT7/PS5/TS500.

Yes the TH8A works in Sequential Mode whilst connected to the accessory port in the Drive Hub.

I believe the T300 is a better choice. I have tested the TX wheel (similar to the T300) with the Drive Hub/PS5/GT7 and works well and the FF is decent. When I connect my T500 with the same setup the FF feels much stronger.

Yes, a Hori mini.

I don't use the clutch with sequential mode, I haven't tried the clutch yet.

The T500 wheel/pedal works with Drive Hub/GT7/PS5.

The FF feels good, better than my TX when hooked up with the same setup.

i haven't tried any button swaps.

The only issue I have experienced so far is the FF will randomly stop working. Sometimes after a few hours, other times after 5 minutes, it's very random.

Sometimes pausing the game and resuming the game kicks the FF back into play. Other times I would have to close the game and start again.

Also there is some type of grinding noise when taking corners sharply, I haven't used my wheel in years and perhaps the noise is related to oversteer/understeer.

However I did not notice the grinding noise in the PS4 version.
The T500RS is now working with the advice from on this forum (don’t plug it in to the USB port until the game is loaded) but has anyone worked out how to get the TH8 RS shifter to work?

I also can confirm the T500 works with the drivehub and Hori Mini Gamepad. Sometimes issues with the FFB which seems to "turn-off" but returns when a session is restarted

Latest Posts

Back