Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Have a PS5 + T500RS.
My last hope is that Drivehub supports it.
I have seen a video showing up non PS5 supported wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) working in "Wreckfest" game (PS5 version) using Drivehub
There is no official information from DriveHub manufacturer yet.

Have a PS5 + T500RS.
My last hope is that Drivehub supports it.
I have seen a video showing up non PS5 supported wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) working in "Wreckfest" game (PS5 version) using Drivehub
There is no official information from DriveHub manufacturer yet.
If you buy it, can you tell us if it works and if you have issue with drivehub ?

Could someone please try different ports on the PS5? Some devices have problems when plugged into a USB3 port and you may need to use the front USB2 port or a USB2 extension/hub in order for the system to properly recognize it.

ex: I just dusted off my T500RS and plugged it into my PC. It spun to calibrate, but did not work in my USB3 ports. It works perfectly when plugged in to USB2.

T500RS it is Gran Turismo 7 compatible. In a streamer live video i spotted the T500RS in the controllers menu.
t500rsgt7.png

T500RS it is Gran Turismo 7 compatible. In a streamer live video i spotted the T500RS in the controllers menu. View attachment 1119570
Hi, aixonoterre.

Unfortunately the guy from the video is using PS4.
T500 RS works on PS4 version of GT7 game. It is not supported on GT7 PS5 version, though :irked:
I believe it will even work on the PS4 version of GT7 running from a PS5 console as it works on GT Sport (PS4 only) from PS5 (my experience).

It has nothing to do with not being compatible. I believe this is all about the cost of licensing the T500RS with Sony for PS5. :(

I'm playing GT7 with PS4 pro, T500RS works fine, but TH8A doesn't work.
Purely speculation, but I'd bet the TH8A support is similar to Driveclub VR, where it doesn't work as a standalone USB device, but will work if you plug it into the dedicated accessory port on a T300 base, for example.

I can confirm that T500RS does NOT work on GT7 PS5 version on PS5.

Later today I will see if the T500RS works on the PS4 version of the game on a PS5.

I will also confirm whether or not in-game progress/save data etc is interchangeable back and forward between PS4 and PS5 versions.
The idea of this is that I have already progressed some way through the PS5 version on a controller, so I'd like that to transfer BACKWARD to PS4 version so I can play with T500RS; then down the road switch to PS5+new wheel.

I can confirm that T500RS does NOT work on GT7 PS5 version on PS5.

Later today I will see if the T500RS works on the PS4 version of the game on a PS5.

I will also confirm whether or not in-game progress/save data etc is interchangeable back and forward between PS4 and PS5 versions.
The idea of this is that I have already progressed some way through the PS5 version on a controller, so I'd like that to transfer BACKWARD to PS4 version so I can play with T500RS; then down the road switch to PS5+new wheel.

Hi :) thanks for your review ! I have heard on a test that save from PS4 is the same on ps5, i Hope too that is right, and i hope that t500rs work with PS4 version on ps5, so i will switch between PS4 and ps5 version until i find a new solution ... Can you confirm that t500rs work in PS4 version on ps5, and confirm for the save ?? Thanks 😁

I have just tried the TS500RS on the PS5/GT7 with the following results.

TS500RS and Drive Hub working with GT7 (PS5 version) on the PS5.

TS500RS working with GT7 (PS4 version) on the PS5.

The Wheel feels similar in both scenarios, I did notice some kind of grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply whilst the Drive Hub was connected.

The Wheel feels similar in both scenarios, I did notice some kind of grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply whilst the Drive Hub was connected.
Some issues with drivehub? Like random disconnect or anything else?

Some issues with drivehub? Like random disconnect or anything else?
I noticed a few issues whilst the DualSense was connected. After switching off the DualSense and starting GT7 using the Wheel, there have been no issues with the Drive Hub, (excluding the grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply).

Last edited:
I´m also playing on PS4 with the T500RS, i had to update the drivers for it to work.
The TH8A, at this time, does not work on ps4 for me. If anyone can put it to work, just say please.

For me not working with Ferrari F1 and Last firmware of drive hub.

Last edited:
* The T500 RS can't works on PS5 Games versions (and it's the same for all PS5 games versions)
= the T500 RS is not compatible on GT7 PS5 version

* The T500 RS works fine on the PlayStation 5 console but only with PS4 Games versions
= the T500 RS is compatible on GT7 PS4 Game version (even on a PlayStation 5 console)
NB: In GT7, the T500 RS does not work if a TH8A Shifter is also connected to the PS4 console

Full details here in GAMES SETTINGS: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

Last edited:
So... Tested it.. Ps5, gt7, t500, hola controller and drivehub. It works. You should use the hola controller because it doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. According to other people, it also works with a ds4 controller if you switch off the Bluetooth of the controller in the settings and set it to wired. I also tested Ds4 and had a disconnect after 10 minutes without the settings above. Ps5 Controller dont work. Sorry for Bad english
It really works

That is great news! Do you have TH8 as well? I am wondering if it will work by connecting it to the accessory port in Drive Hub.

So... Tested it.. Ps5, gt7, t500, hola controller and drivehub. It works. You should use the hola controller because it doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. According to other people, it also works with a ds4 controller if you switch off the Bluetooth of the controller in the settings and set it to wired. I also tested Ds4 and had a disconnect after 10 minutes without the settings above. Ps5 Controller dont work. Sorry for Bad english
It really works
Hi, there.

Do you own a TH8 shifter as well? That is the only "missing variable" in my setup before I order a Drivehub now ;)
I know that drivehub has a dedicated accessory port for such devices.

It really works
I'm new here so don't mind if it's a stupid question. What is a hola controller? And is this the drivehub: https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/collect...dapter-voor-ps4-en-xbox-one/9200000132299162/
I have the PS5 version and would like to play with my T500

"NB: In GT7, the T500 RS does not work if a TH8A Shifter is also connected to the PS4 console"

Why? In GT Sport they work...I hope this will be fixed soon. GT7 is not a radically new game, it is based on GT Sport.

I just got my copy from Amazon today. I immediately popped the disc in and updated the game. Hooked up my T500 RS and no workie. Does not work in the game, looks like I may have to get rid of it. 😞
Yep, same thing here.

I've show this picture on Twitter, and someone say to me "T500 is sometimes recognized as a T300, so it could still be there, we’ll just have to see when the game releases in a few days though"

It s on the manufacturer interest to sell wheel. Yes but i think the T80 doesn't exist since à long time
I have a 500RS and it doesn't work. Others are posting the same experience in this thread and in other groups (Facebook GT groups).

"NB: In GT7, the T500 RS does not work if a TH8A Shifter is also connected to the PS4 console"

Why? In GT Sport they work...I hope this will be fixed soon. GT7 is not a radically new game, it is based on GT Sport.
I didn't connect my shifter to the PS5 (there's only one non-USB C port on the face of it and I don't have a long enough cable to get it around back). And my T500RS still doesn't work.

Back