Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Do you think there is a strong hint for the A spec/B spec mode in GT7 key art?

Personally I feel the blue/red background only represents the colors of the former GT logo, notice the blue is on the G side and the red is on the T side. Actually I think that was a pretty smart playing by PD on the past of the series without having to change the actual logo back to blue & red. In other words, this simple coloring pattern may indicate the game will be loaded with stuff from the past of GT, and that's cool.

Yes.

GT5 was revealed on June 2 2009. The GT5 General Discussion thread took almost four months to hit its 43rd subsequent page, on September 26.
There was an E3 (2010?) where during the event there were dozens of pages of spam in like 30 minutes. Pretty much all of it was deleted just afterwards (I think by you)

I seem to remember most of it was a very off-topic discussion about beer

There was an E3 (2010?) where during the event there were dozens of pages of spam in like 30 minutes. Pretty much all of it was deleted just afterwards (I think by you)

I seem to remember most of it was a very off-topic discussion about beer
I do commonly delete lots of spam.

However GT5 was announced at E3 2009 and didn't (at least in that main thread) result in 43 pages of text in hours, as per the question. GT7's announcement has beaten it to the 43-page mark by two entire months and most of a third one.

With all those buzzwords, it just looks 5-10% better than GT Sport.

Not worth paying £550+ for it if it doesn't get improved.

Try repeating this phrase;

“The game is still in active development and doesn’t have a release date, not to mention that GTS looked like a slightly improved GT6 when first announced and underwent a large graphical overhaul”

Guerilla Games has spoken of Horizon2 and PS5 in a dev diary.. I think Insomniac has done the same for R and C , Miles Morales... Radio silence from PD.... :( I want to hear more..

Most importantly...I want to know if GT7 is a launch game..because I tell ya, I'm putting a preorder for PS5 the second I hear that.
Only GG talked a little about HFW. This was the week of the stream itself. No other 1st party games have been detailed outside a paragraph or two on the PS Blog.

Putting percentages on graphics is meaningless and unquantifiable. I just know, after playing GTS in subsequent weeks, the ‘wow factor’ of the GT7 trailer becomes more striking.

Our minds tend to fill in the blanks. GT7 is what we think/hope GTS would look like. Then you go play it. And see all the jaggies, drab lighting, and shortcomings of current gen. Plus, as we keep repeating. GTS was never less than impressive (before seeing GT7) in sunny conditions. It’s alternative weather (rain) and lighting conditions (night) where PS4 lacked the horsepower. We got one or the other at select tracks. Now we need to see both at tracks like Le Mans.

Everyone has different levels of disposable income. £550 is not a great deal for an entertainment product that will last you 5+ years.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Our minds tend to fill in the blanks. GT7 is what we think/hope GTS would look like. Then you go play it. And see all the jaggies, drab lighting.
Yeah, the shadows in GTS are the worst offender. They're fuzzy and glitch all over the place. I'd be okay with the exact same graphics engine but with the extra horsepower of the PS5 focused on solid performance: smooth shadows, perfectly rounded surfaces, 60fps under all conditions, higher quality reflections. But knowing PD, they're probably including some fancy stuff on top of ray-tracing that will compromise something important.

You know, I'd love to be optimistic, but this guy got his pre-order dates wrong earlier. =/

Better to wait for Sony to confirm it themselves before jumping the gun here.

You are right !

But he was right about new date for PS5 event in June ;) We wait confirmation from Sony :)

You're just making numbers up though. If you want to quantify some aspects, GT7 has 100% better image quality than GTS. Remember, this will look a lot better on TV compared to GTS.

Furthermore, games are more than just graphics. Ray tracing allows dynamic time and better sound modelling, than many might prefer that over other graphical features.

As I've recently decided to buy a dedicated monitor attached to my low-end rig, it really makes me hope that GT7 and other next-gen console racers can properly support VR. I've always been very skeptical about how mainstream VR will become (whereas as some people see it as the future of gaming), but I appreciate the application when it comes to racing sims. If GT Sport fully supported VR I would have bought a headset already.

I haven't seen anything regarding next gen PSVR, but if GT7 doesn't offer support beyond some tech demo, well, still no VR for my I guess.

As I've recently decided to buy a dedicated monitor attached to my low-end rig, it really makes me hope that GT7 and other next-gen console racers can properly support VR. I've always been very skeptical about how mainstream VR will become (whereas as some people see it as the future of gaming), but I appreciate the application when it comes to racing sims. If GT Sport fully supported VR I would have bought a headset already.

I haven't seen anything regarding next gen PSVR, but if GT7 doesn't offer support beyond some tech demo, well, still no VR for my I guess.

VR is currently tech limited. We still need more powerful and efficient chips to truly have VR headsets that have smaller form factors, and perhaps streaming improvements as well.

The price will then become the issue but will reduce in time. I think we are still a couple of generations till we achieve mass market VR and the headsets that we see in scifi.

In the meantime, PSVR2 is happening and GT7 will of course support it. PS5 is strong enough to allow VR in track racing, so hopefully PD does something like being able to play all SP/MP modes in VR.

VR is currently tech limited. We still need more powerful and efficient chips to truly have VR headsets that have smaller form factors, and perhaps streaming improvements as well.

The price will then become the issue but will reduce in time. I think we are still a couple of generations till we achieve mass market VR and the headsets that we see in scifi.

In the meantime, PSVR2 is happening and GT7 will of course support it. PS5 is strong enough to allow VR in track racing, so hopefully PD does something like being able to play all SP/MP modes in VR.
I guess it comes back to a number of unknowns with the PS5, like pricing. I think VR will always be successful in PC gaming like other expensive niches (sim racing), but I don't think it has much hope on consoles if Sony's flagship racing game doesn't have full support. With the amount of time I spend playing Gran Turismo it would be worth the investment, but up until this point it's only been good for smaller "experiences" on consoles.

Back